OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, zkingtut said:

Thanks I know , just I grabbed it from clover plist to show in pci 

Thanks gonna try it 

Edited : @Andres ZeroCross it doesnot work 

But I see " EFI ( External ) " in menu !!! Maybe this is windows EFI ?

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 11.03.51 AM.png

Some Suggestions:

ScanPolicy = 0 means scan any file system on any drive. 

Backup your config.plist

Set CustomSMBIOSGuid, DisableIoMapper, ExternalDiskIcons, ThirdPartyTrim, ReleaseUsbOwnership, NormalizeHeaders = NO

Set UpdateSMBIOSMode = Create

If you don’t use File Vault, Delete UEFI/Drivers: UsbKbDxe.efi, AptioInputFix.efi, VBoxHfs.efi, AppleUiSupport.efi, VirtualSmc.efi,

External EFI could be the EFI on your another USB drive

5 minutes ago, xtddd said:

what is meaning of Target=67? 

The following logging targets are supported:

• 0x01 (bit 0) — Enable logging, otherwise all log is discarded.

• 0x02 (bit 1) — Enable basic console (onscreen) logging.

• 0x04 (bit 2) — Enable logging to Data Hub.

• 0x08 (bit 3) — Enable serial port logging.

• 0x10 (bit 4) — Enable UEFI variable logging.

• 0x20 (bit 5) — Enable non-volatile UEFI variable logging.

• 0x40 (bit 6) — Enable logging to file

target 67 (number) = 0x43 (HEX sum of 0x01+0x02+0x40 ). Because Hex 43 = Decimal 67 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zkingtut said:

Thanks I know , just I grabbed it from clover plist to show in pci 

Thanks gonna try it 

Edited : @Andres ZeroCross it doesnot work 

But I see " EFI ( External ) " in menu !!! Maybe this is windows EFI ?

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 11.03.51 AM.png

Set HideSelf = No, but i thought you won't able to boot to windows anyways. You need separate EFI partition for Windows,, because OC Bootloader only will boot windows if it founded BOOTX64.efi from Windows.

I have made some temporary trick before in this thread
image.png.b1447dbe8a1b661a1e241749faf865fb.png

26 minutes ago, justin said:

Some Suggestions:

ScanPolicy = 0 means scan any file system on any drive. 

Backup your config.plist

Set CustomSMBIOSGuid, DisableIoMapper, ExternalDiskIcons, ThirdPartyTrim, ReleaseUsbOwnership, NormalizeHeaders = NO

Set UpdateSMBIOSMode = Create

If you don’t use File Vault, Delete UEFI/Drivers: UsbKbDxe.efi, AptioInputFix.efi, VBoxHfs.efi, AppleUiSupport.efi, VirtualSmc.efi,

External EFI could be the EFI on your another USB drive

target 67 (number) = 0x43 (HEX sum of 0x01+0x02+0x40 ). Because Hex 43 = Decimal 67 

target in the sample plist is set to be 19...target 67 may be better ?

1 minute ago, xtddd said:

target in the sample plist is set to be 19...target 67 may be better ?

Target=19 (= Hex 0x13 = 0x01+ 0x02 +0x10 ) does not log to file, means you can only see the logging on your screen, you need to include 0x40 (bit 6) — Enable logging to file

1 minute ago, justin said:

Target=19 (= Hex 0x13 = 0x01+ 0x02 +0x10 ) does not log to file, means you can only see the logging on your screen, you need to include 0x40 (bit 6) — Enable logging to file

thank you..so target 67 is better.

1 hour ago, zkingtut said:

Its strange !!

I've successfully configured OC to boot my skylake desktop but I failed with my Dell laptop doing same steps

Once Apple logo appears; laptop reboots itself

I've tried all possibilities without success ( remove boot args , Delete and add Drivers , Kexts, .....)

I wonder what would be the reason that causes this reboot ?

Probably because a desktop and a laptop are 2 completely different types of systems, which means you can not take a desktop configuration and use it on a laptop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pavo said:

Probably because a desktop and a laptop are 2 completely different types of systems, which means you can not take a desktop configuration and use it on a laptop.

@Pavohi,where to download oc-0.0.4? 

Edited by xtddd

20 hours ago, zkingtut said:

I didn't say that I take Desktop Configuration and I used it in laptop !!!!

I said I followed the same steps to create the OC configuration .

Off course they are diffrent in everything

How come somebody do like that :hysterical:

set Target=3, DisplayLevel=2147483714 , you will see some debug messages on the screen, take a picture and upload here.

And how to MatchKernel for specific OSes under Kernel - Patch? For example I have 3 diff macOS versions installed on single mach; 10.13.6, 10.14.6 & 10.15. But I need applying this patch for 10.14.6 & 10.15 only.

Do I need using this pattern?

MatchKernel=18,19

(separated with comma w/o space)

There's no detail explanation on current Configuration.pdf CMIIW. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

Are you sure that the GFX0 device is only on DSDT?
Check your Acpi.. however change GFX0 to IGPU it is not necessary, WEG already does this.

PlatformInfo/Automatic=YES: use only "Generic" in this case.

RequestBootVarRouting --> YES

Please read carefully Configuration.pdf

2 hours ago, zkingtut said:

Nothing shows up to capture , only apple logo then immediately reboots 

config.plist

as mentioned above, "Lilu has to be the first". do not use slide=0. Fixed for you, try this one

config.plist

Note: Why "Lilu has to be the first"? 

Lilu is a dependency of VirtualSMC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and many others, while VirtualSMC.kext is a mandatory kext for Hackintosh, if Lilu was not loaded in the first place, VirtualSMC won't load correctly. 

Edited by justin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

That can be taken into account WITH LOWEST PRIORITY. ;)

May i ask something?
image.png.42ca1c74c6100d75173d1585e82ed544.png

There is log about init failur kernel patcher to com.apple.kextAMD9500Controller.kext. I have set binary patch for AMD9500Controller.kext. I have used Orinoco FB Name. Why is it fail??

But, binary is succesfull patched. I can use dual monitor with Orinoco and no Reddish Screen image (if i don't patch binary, the monitor screen be reddish and can't use dual monitor). So is this about another thing??

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

May i ask something?

There is log about init failur kernel patcher to com.apple.kextAMD9500Controller.kext. I have set binary patch for AMD9500Controller.kext. I have used Orinoco FB Name. Why is it fail??

But, binary is succesfull patched. I can use dual monitor with Orinoco and no Reddish Screen image (if i don't patch binary, the monitor screen be reddish and can't use dual monitor). So is this about another thing??

Maybe you applied it as a "kernel patch"? I don't know much either to be honest, it's not me who wrote this code.

The reason why you managed to patch it anyway is that a "kernel patch" applies to the whole kernel cache, which contains your AMD9500Controller.

CORRECT ME IF WRONG!

4 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Maybe you applied it as a "kernel patch"? I don't know much either to be honest, it's not me who wrote this code.

The reason why you managed to patch it anyway is that a "kernel patch" applies to the whole kernel cache, which contains your AMD9500Controller.

CORRECT ME IF WRONG!

Yes but why the log said "init failure"?? In fact, binary patch is succesful

I am using Orinoco FB name, 

image.png.8c7c3ccac50429ffea0dcc1344cba247.png
image.thumb.png.37f1243c2221b1d8fbf4524363b11b1a.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

14 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Yes but why the log said "init failure"?? In fact, binary patch is succesful

I am using Orinoco FB name, 

image.png.8c7c3ccac50429ffea0dcc1344cba247.png
image.thumb.png.37f1243c2221b1d8fbf4524363b11b1a.png

Hmm, that looks weird as you seem to be applying the patch correctly...

Better to ask developers instead.

15 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Hmm, that looks weird as you seem to be applying the patch correctly...

Better to ask developers instead.

The issue is only in the log. Patch is succesfull anyway,, i can use 2 monitor and no reddish screen with Orinoco. Just curious about the log

4 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

May i ask something?

I added successful patch init to the log in d0504e6. Please redo the log, send it here, and also attach your config.

I am quite unwilling to investigate it thoroughly if it works, but let me look at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

I added successful patch init to the log in d0504e6. Please redo the log, send it here, and also attach your config.

I am quite unwilling to investigate it thoroughly if it works, but let me look at least.

It's look i have give some wrong information before,, so i re-write the conditions of issue.

Conditions :
1. I have 2 patch for Orinoco and Salado Framebuffer in config.plist

Issue :
1. With or Without enable patch while using Orinoco Framebuffer, i still can get normal screen and dual screen capability in Mojave and Catalina DP 3 (actually because Orinoco have 2 HDMI Connector as default so i will not get reddish image)

2. Without enable Patch (Enable = No) while using Salado Framebuffer, i will get Reddish image and unable dual screen in Mojave and Catalina

3. With Enable Patch (Enable = Yes) while using Salado Framebuffer, i will get normal screen and dual screen capability in Mojave, but not in Catalina. Init Failure in Catalina.

Note : I don't set match kernel anyway, and the binary of Find still can be founded in AMD9500Controller.kext of Catalina. If Salado or Orinoco didn't use this binary again in Catalina then i thought Patching still successfull because binary still there (but not in log)

I attach config.plist, Picture of reddish image (Salado Framebuffer in Catalina), Picture of normal Screen (Salado Framebuffer in Mojave) and log when boot to catalina.

Anyways sorry for bad english, Thanks very much

IMG_3309.png

IMG_3310.png

opencore.log

config.plist