OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:

Did you used Catalina DP 3???

yes, i did on another SATA SSD, no problems with sleep/wake, but i'm on B360M platform, and i set sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 ; sudo pmset -a standby 0 ; sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0 already.

Just now, justin said:

yes, i did on another SATA SSD, no problems with sleep/wake, but i'm on B360M platform, and i set sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 ; sudo pmset -a standby 0 ; sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0 already.

Then it's same like my configurations of Pmset. 

Can you test it sleep twice / 2 times without reboot in Catalina DP 3???

Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:

Then it's same like my configurations of Pmset. 

Can you test it sleep twice / 2 times without reboot in Catalina DP 3???

my computer sleeps multiple times everyday, never failed to wake up :)

2 minutes ago, HmO said:

RTCHibernateAware in CLOVER = ResetHwSig in OpenCore

Yes but just want to inform, it only work in Mojave (CLOVER or OC) in my System not for Catalina DP 3. Maybe there is different binary or method in Catalina DP 3.

1 minute ago, justin said:

my computer sleeps multiple times everyday, never failed to wake up :)

Nice so maybe B360 not affect at all,, i have read in this forum and it happen for some people. B85 chipset, and my board Z170 chipset.

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Nice so maybe B360 not affect at all,, i have read in this forum and it happen for some people. B85 chipset, and my board Z170 chipset.

btw, my Asrock B360M-HDV does not have native nvram, i need VariableRumtimeDxe.efi to work for sleep/wake. that's maybe the difference, your mb seems to have native nvram (or you won't see panic report after rebooting), that's why i suggested removing the efi from config.plist and use native nvram only. also, clear nvram may help, there is an efi (CleanNvram.efi) for that purpose on OpenCore, configure it in config.plist/Misc/Tools/ link: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg

32 minutes ago, HmO said:

RTCHibernateAware in CLOVER = ResetHwSig in OpenCore

I tried set ResetHWSig=Yes and the result

1. First sleep and wake = Normal
2. Second sleep = Can't seep, when all machine off then it's reboot by itself. Witthout this config, i can sleep in second, but can't wake (Kernel Panic).

Again, the kernel panic log is different BSD Process

image.thumb.png.80a40849a17795bf92fffd15c201244b.png

23 minutes ago, justin said:

btw, my Asrock B360M-HDV does not have native nvram, i need VariableRumtimeDxe.efi to work for sleep/wake. that's maybe the difference, your mb seems to have native nvram (or you won't see panic report after rebooting), that's why i suggested removing the efi from config.plist and use native nvram only. also, clear nvram may help, there is an efi (CleanNvram.efi) for that purpose on OpenCore, configure it in config.plist/Misc/Tools/ link: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg

Ok let's make it clear
1. I and @vit9696 have make test about fail sleep and shutdown in windows with OC bootloader, so he sent me latest commit of VariableRumtimeDxe.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi to fix this. And i know how to to clean nvram. 

2. Why in MOjave the system working well With or without VariableRuntimeDxe.efi???? And can you explain about second sleep cycle issue with NVRAM Variable??

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Update 1 with :
ResetHWSig=Yes + hibernatemode=3
Result :
1. First sleep and Wake = Normal
2. Second Sleep, fail. Automatic reboot when system is off

ResetHWSig=Yes + hibernatemode=0
Result :
1. First sleep and Wake = Normal
2. Second Sleep ok but when i wake it, system reboot (kernel panic)

image.thumb.png.f910c0d3f868c15e3caa43c5a25c02d5.png
Again, with different BSD Process

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Your former issue had nothing to do with sleep but with Windows' expectations for NVRAM variables for hibernation

Yes, you're right. My questions is about second wake fail in Catalina DP 3. Can you help me with that?? What log or process should i do?? Or i must wait it until Public Release?

from man pmset,  hibernatemode=0 or 3 makes no difference on wakeup, they both wakeup form RAM. except  hibernatemode=3 will write RAM contents to  /var/vm/sleepimage when sleep.

For "first time sleep", how long was it sleeping, few seconds or few minutes? Have you tried with clean reboot, and put macOS to sleep, and wait for 5 mins and then wakeup (to emulate the "deep sleep" as you described)? 

Just now, justin said:

from man pmset,  hibernatemode=0 or 3 makes no difference on wakeup, they both wakeup form RAM. except  hibernatemode=3 will write RAM contents to  /var/vm/sleepimage when sleep.

For "first time sleep", how long was it sleeping, few seconds or few minutes? Have you tried with clean reboot, and put macOS to sleep, and wait for 5 mins and then wakeup (to emulate the "deep sleep" as you described)? 

No matter how long i make system sleep in FIRST SLEEP, system still can wake normally :)

Longest time i have tried is around 15 minutes, but for second sleep no mater how long is it, it will fail. I have tried second sleep for 15 seconds, but still fail for waking up :)

that's weird, i noticed there is VoodooTSCSync.kext loaded, i don't know if that's a potential cause, maybe it worked on Mojave but not work as expected on Catalina beta3, in the end, do you really need this kext to work? remove it if you don't need it. if you can't live without it, there is a probably better version, https://github.com/interferenc/TSCAdjustReset 

Just now, justin said:

that's weird, i noticed there is VoodooTSCSync.kext loaded, i don't know if that's a potential cause, maybe it worked on Mojave but not work as expected on Catalina beta3, in the end, do you really need this kext to work? remove it if you don't need it. if you can't live without it, there is a probably better version, https://github.com/interferenc/TSCAdjustReset 

Some people without this kext (in this forum), still have problem Wake issue in Catalina DP 3 :) (Clover or OC Bootloader)

Read https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf , 

Generic Properties has 6 items, your has 4, missing SpoofVendor=YES, ROM=some_random_mac_address (e.g.  02B1946AC924).

with Automatic=YES, you don't need to fill in DataHub, PlatformNVRAM, SMBIOS

Set NO to all the 4 items in Protocols Properties

Btw set LegacyEnable=NO

• Like 1