OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

Can't inject Ethernet kext intelMausiEthernet.kext and SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. Both newest available versions. 

When booting with ExecutablePath enabled no ethernet driver injected.

When booting without ExecutablePath in config my rig is crashing with error something like "trying to restart Mach boot" or something similar.

Any ideas? 

IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip

SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext.zip

Edited by obus

1 minute ago, obus said:

Can't inject Ethernet kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext and SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. Both newest available versions. 

When booting with ExecutablePath enabled no ethernet driver injected.

When booting without ExecutablePath in config my rig is crashing with error something like "trying to restart Mach boot" or something similar.

Any ideas? 

IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip

SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext.zip

Without seeing your config, don't think there is anything anyone can do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, obus said:

Here we go!

config.plist

Contents/MacOS/ ....

e.g. Contents/WhateverGreen should be Contents/MacOS/WhateverGreen

right click your kext to show it's content, you'll know why.

check all your config.plist/Kernel/Add, there are so many misconfiguration. 

Edited by justin

12 minutes ago, obus said:

Here we go!

config.plist

This is for my GA Z270 UD rig.

You are not adding the right stuff in those at all. You are also missing almost all the Protocols in the UEFI section.

9 minutes ago, justin said:

Contents/MacOS/ ....

e.g. Contents/WhateverGreen should be Contents/MacOS/WhateverGreen

right click your kext to show it's content, you'll know why.

check all your config.plist/Kernel/Add, there are so many misconfiguration. 

As @justin said you need to check inside the kext and adhere to structures defined and add those inside the config. 

@obus

As @Pavo said, your config.plist almost corrupted, it's totally not correct, i suggest

1. download the latest opencore v0.03 at https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

2. read the https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf and

3. configure based on https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/SampleFull.plist 

i did this step the first time i was trying OpenCore, i took 1 hour to read the pdf, another 30mins to configure everything, and succeed with just one shot, i never had any issue with OpenCore

I would suggest anyone who have issues to follow the steps. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@nytr0 BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads/ link just fine here

EDIT: Not Catalina, just to be sure

I've added Catalina support to my fork here (which also requires BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext for native driver injection) but @nytr0 is getting "Prelink injection BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - Invalid Parameter"

Edited by headkaze

Maybe this is out of topic, but maybe will be usefull for dev of OC / Kexts

In Catalina DP 3, if we make deep sleep (sleep more than 5 minutes) then sometimes wake will be failed (Reboot / Kernel Panic). 

My Specification is in my signature,, (tried with latest CLOVER and OC Bootloader with all latest commit kext)

BSD Process always different,

image.thumb.png.6f055ccecfb5f90fbcac2b71194b5e5c.png

Maybe it's too early to post.

I can make sure kernel panic in second wake cycle. In first wake, all is ok. But in second wake it's reboot. In Mojave i have remembered about this issue and i solve it with "RTCHibernateAware", but in Catalina DP3 the issue come again, maybe@Vit9696 can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

In Catalina DP 3, if we make deep sleep (sleep more than 5 minutes) then sometimes wake will be failed (Reboot / Kernel Panic). 

Did you configure OpenCore with VariableRuntimeDxe.efi OR EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.efi

Sorry, if you see Panic Reports after rebooting, you have native nvram, you don't need these efi. 

Edited by justin

Did you configure OpenCore with VariableRuntimeDxe.efi OR EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.efi

Sorry, if you see Panic Reports after rebooting, you have native nvram, you don't need these efi. 

You still need variableruntime.efi (latest commit), to make sleep and shutdown work in windows (OC Bootloader) with fast startup and hybrid sleep : for windows.

You still need variableruntime.efi (latest commit), to make sleep and shutdown work in windows (OC Bootloader) with fast startup and hybrid sleep : for windows.

Many people get problem in Wake From Sleep in Catalina DP 3, most of it are Freeze or Reboot because in kernel panic after second sleep/wake.

I think there is a clue in old feature of RTCHibernateAware in CLOVER.

Somehow not work anymore in Catalina DP 3

14 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

what if remove the efi and use native nvram instead, will you see panic again? why would you boot windows via OpenCore? 

2 minutes ago, justin said:

what if remove the efi and use native nvram instead, will you see panic again? why would you boot windows via OpenCore? 

Did you read my post above? This issue is about second cycle sleep wake,, first sleep and wake is normal, but second sleep and wake is problem. CLover and OC are same issue,,

And for your another questions, why would i boot windows via OpenCore?? Then answer is "Why not???" OpenCore bootloader is for other OS too. We should test and give report about it.

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Did you read my post above? This issue is about second cycle sleep wake,, first sleep and wake is normal, but second sleep and wake is problem. CLover and OC are same issue,,

And for your another questions, why would i boot windows via OpenCore?? Then answer is "Why not???" OpenCore bootloader is for other OS too. We should test and give report about it.

ok, what does pmset -g say

Ok, i will tell you. I have set pmset, before. You still can't wake in second sleep/wake.  I have tried hibernate mode =0, 3 or 1. Tried to set autopoweroff to 1 or 0. 

So what you suggest again?? 

Btw,, can you test for 2 times sleep in your system?? Did it wake normally?? Remember to test it in Catalina DP 3 not Mojave. I have perfect sleep and wake cycle in Mojave latest beta with OC or Clover Bootloader

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

5 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Ok, i will tell you. I have set pmset, before. You still can't wake in second sleep/wake.  I have tried hibernate mode =0, 3 or 1. Tried to set autopoweroff to 1 or 0. 

So what you suggest again?? 

standby=0/1 controls whether allow macOS to enter hibernation mode

standbydelay*=?seconds controls when to enter hibernation mode

hibernatemode=0/1/3 controls macOS wake from ram or sleepimage

autopoweroff=0/1 controls whether to write the sleepimage

the panic could happen during entering hibernation mode or wake from ram/sleepimage, i don't know what suggestion to make, but output of pmset -g helps to see those settings

1 minute ago, justin said:

standby=0/1 controls whether allow macOS to enter hibernation mode

standbydelay*=?seconds controls when to enter hibernation mode

hibernatemode=0/1/3 controls macOS wake from ram or sleepimage

autopoweroff=0/1 controls whether to write the sleepimage

the panic could happen during entering hibernation mode or wake from ram/sleepimage, i don't know what suggestion to make, but output of pmset -g helps to see those settings

Did you use Catalina DP 3???

Edited by Andres ZeroCross