OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

@Andres ZeroCross, correct.

Tbh, I do not have an idea what can be broken. What I know for sure is that OC will not do anything if you disable all the options and quirks. Perhaps it is the right way to find out what exactly causes your strange behaviour in both operating systems. But I would say it is extremely strange...

Thanks,, i will try to make some experiment.

10 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What is this app? Please tell me.

sudo apt-get install hardinfo

https://askubuntu.com/questions/31618/how-can-i-find-my-hardware-details
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, vit9696 said:

@Shaneee & the team, from time to time we receive AMD questions, and do not have a good place to direct these people to. As we took the effort to implement AMD CPU detection patches recently, could you please take some time to prepare patches or what is needed for AMD boot in a closer format to OpenCore? Thanks.

All that is required is the patches are added to the config. For example here are the patches my config uses. This will work on Zen platforms with 10.14.5 only. https://pastebin.com/v6VaJVWK

Find and replace values for each supported version can be found here, https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, v10x said:

@vit9696 and others, would you be able to review my OpenCore 0.0.3 configuration attached? I'm using an X299 system with an ASUS X299 Sage/10G and Intel i9-9960X.

Thank you in advance!

config-oc-X299-9960X.plist

I see many things not useful ( I have a pretty similar rig)

what problem do you have with your config and others stuff you are using?

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

I see many things not useful ( I have a pretty similar rig)

what problem do you have with your config and others stuff you are using?

Can you be a little more specific? I'm mostly looking for feedback. 

Main issue I'm having are related to CPU power management. I notice the single-core performance isn't great, while all-core performance matches Windows.

The SSDT-X299-PC02-BR2A.aml is to disable the NVIDIA graphics card (RTX).

21 minutes ago, v10x said:

Can you be a little more specific? I'm mostly looking for feedback. 

Main issue I'm having are related to CPU power management. I notice the single-core performance isn't great, while all-core performance matches Windows.

The SSDT-X299-PC02-BR2A.aml is to disable the NVIDIA graphics card (RTX).

889902215_ScreenShot2019-06-20at5_41_25PM.thumb.png.fe5d4fcd5bdf33ac44b4b8eb45d7b964.png

I use less stuff I see in your config. TSCAdjust? why? I have a perfect sleep/wake cycle without it. System is stable and scales well as in windows

Your CPU is a step newer but I do not think this is a problem. could you post an Ioreg?

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

889902215_ScreenShot2019-06-20at5_41_25PM.thumb.png.fe5d4fcd5bdf33ac44b4b8eb45d7b964.png

I use less stuff I see in your config. TSCAdjust? why? I have a perfect sleep/wake cycle without it. System is stable and scales well as in windows

Your CPU is a step newer but I do not think this is a problem. could you post an Ioreg?

I'll try to remove it, my sleep doesn't work anyway :P

I've used this guide https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334343-imac-pro-x299-live-the-future-new-with-macos-1014-mojave-successful-buildsuccessful-guide/ to do the first iteration with Clover, then ported to OpenCore and then removed *a lot* of ACPI patches and tables. Is there anything else that I should modify or look into?

SOLUTION DUAL BOOT with OpenCore Bootloader with one EFI Folder for Windows and macOS (Temporary Solution)

Case :
1. Your EFI Folder contain Apple, OC, Microsoft or maybe Clover

Condition :
1. When you press boot to Bootcamp windows with OpenCore Bootloader get stuck.

Solution
1. Rename BOOTX64.efi of OpenCore in EFI/BOOT to "BOOTX64-Core.efi"
2. Get original "bootx64.efi" from windows.
   a. You can get this file after fresh install of windows in EFI/BOOT, or
   b. Ask someone who have same version of windows build, and ask "bootx64.efi" of windows from them, or
   c. Recreate manual with bootrec
3. After you get bootx64.efi of windows, copy this file to EFI/BOOT. So you have bootx64.efi and BOOTX64-Core.efi in this folder now
4. Create Entry, if you have options to create boot entry from bios then go to BIOS and,
    a. Add manual entry to EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64-Core.efi and give it name OpenCore, 

b. Add manual entry to EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi and give it name CLOVER
    Or, if there is no option in your bios you can use shell of CLOVER. and use bcfg command, eg bcfg boot add 05 "path file" "entry name" don't forget to add d
ouble quotation marks,
5. Now try to boot from OpenCore, and select Bootcamp Windows. You should can get into windows now.

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Andres ZeroCross Thanks for your documentation!

Unfortunately, on many machines this does not work, because the boot option paths are hardcoded and new options are not read. We have decided to allow setting of own paths for our scanning logic in the near future: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/396

Yes, i have found some notebook can't add an custom entry or add an entry with bcfg. But most of its can add an entry with bcfg. Most all pc can use bcfg command from shell to add an entry.

Tips :
For notebook, as long as you can see "Windows Boot Manager" as entry of windows in your BIOS then it mean your entry can be added with BCFG command from shell :)

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

?

in HighSierra I have Nvidia Web driver..so Acceleration is there (problem is with RTX Gfx)

Gotcha, apologies I thought you were on Mojave. I removed TSCAdjustReset and noticed no changes so far. 

53 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

@Andres ZeroCross Thanks for your documentation!

Unfortunately, on many machines this does not work, because the boot option paths are hardcoded and new options are not read. We have decided to allow setting of own paths for our scanning logic in the near future: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/396

that is not how Apple Boot Picker works.

@Slice Thanks for your input. Due to user demand, we decided to provide flexibility, as opposed to the hardcoding route I had been criticising. As long as the list stays empty, behaviour will mimic that of a Mac, as suggested in your quoted comment.

I hope this topic has been discussed comprehensively now and does not require further explaination.

Hi everybody , i am trying to reinstall macos Catalina from the recovery partition usin the latest OC build and latest kext , my smbios is imac17.1 which is compatible to my cpu .. can anyone help me , thanks

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-20 at 22.36.53.jpeg

Hi everyone, I compiled OpenCore and everything works, but when I boot into recovery menu with language selection doesn't appear then everything in russian I have to change it manually, my russian is really bad. Its not a big problem, but when I installing security updates still everything under progress bar is in russian and after reboot I have a lots of suprises like in the picture. Could someone give me a hint how to resolve it. Thanks.Untitled.png.9814a32e7df4c63ba684422a27bf4433.png

4 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

Hi everyone, I compiled OpenCore and everything works, but when I boot into recovery menu with language selection doesn't appear then everything in russian I have to change it manually, my russian is really bad. Its not a big problem, but when I installing security updates still everything under progress bar is in russian and after reboot I have a lots of suprises like in the picture. Could someone give me a hint how to resolve it. Thanks.Untitled.png.9814a32e7df4c63ba684422a27bf4433.png

Change prev-lang-kb to 656E5F55 533A30 (Data), or if you use String then use en_US:0

image.png.ea1ff78806655cd45ba05c92d5ac68d5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, v10x said:

Gotcha, apologies I thought you were on Mojave. I removed TSCAdjustReset and noticed no changes so far. 

try to clean all unuseful stuff starting with a minimal config..if your rig was working fine with clover (maybe you used plugintype=1 in it) you can achieve the same result with OC

On 6/20/2019 at 5:38 PM, Shaneee said:

All that is required is the patches are added to the config. For example here are the patches my config uses. This will work on Zen platforms with 10.14.5 only. https://pastebin.com/v6VaJVWK

Find and replace values for each supported version can be found here, https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

Right, missed your post yesterday. This makes good sense to me, although I believe the patches could be much shorter and less kernel-dependent if you take the advantage of OpenCore symbolic patcher.

As for now, I believe this can land to AMD_Vanilla repo, perhaps when the config format stabilises more or as a patch-only example. What do you think?