OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, namine207 said:

At the moment it seems the scan policy isn't set in the plist. What would be an ideal value to set it to? Should it pick up my NVME drive using the default value of 

0xF0103?

All settings need to be in the plist, read documentation. You can use a value of 0 and essentially disables the scan policy.

Hi

So I got my system booting using OpenCore, everything is working great except for AirportBrcmFixup.kext

I get this error on boot: "OC: Prelink injection AirportBrcmFixup.kext - Invalid Parameter" and the kext is never loaded, all my other injected kexts works just fine.

I have attached my (scrubbed) config.plist, if anyone could take a look.

config.plist

Edited by cnrd

11 hours ago, vit9696 said:

For DMAR we are preparing a kernel quirk, which will disable VT-d on macOS level. We believe it is a better place than DMAR dropping given that one day we should probably make APTIO VT-d support compatible with macOS. Added as DisableIoMapper in this commit.

So it is possible?

I've been following along with CoreBoot development for a while but was completely overwhelmed by the documentation the first time I looked into setting it up. Decided to give it a go with the beta release of Catalina. Turns out it wasn't as difficult as it looked initially and I've been able to get boot, graphics, audio and USB injection working.

I could still use some help resolving an nvram issue. Regardless of the EFI drivers used, I still get an AMI safe boot "F1" warning after reboot. I get the following results with various EFI driver combinations:

• AptioMemoryFix only: System boots. Does not power off on shutdown or restart
  • EmuVariableRuntimeDxe only: System boots. On verbose ('-v') boot console log shows a black screen after "End RandomSeed" until Apple boot logo. Shutdown/Restart functional
  • EmuVariableRuntimeDxe and AptioMemoryFix: System boots with Apple console log visible and shutdown/restart functional
  • no NVRAM efi drivers: Boot hangs at "End RandomSeed"

Also a warning: VariableRuntimeDxe is not the same as EmuVariableRuntimeDxe. I compiled VariableRuntimeDxe.efi from the master branch of UDK thinking newer must be better. The module crashed on load, corrupting the motherboard memory and required shorting the motherboard CMOS pins before it would post again.

• Like 1

Okay, so apparently the problem with AirportBrcmFixup.kext is related to Catalina.

Another 2 questions:

1. How can I set the default boot volume? (Using Startup Disk does not work)

2. Any way to add my Windows 10 volume? (In Clover I just chain-booted \EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi on the Windows SSD)

On 6/4/2019 at 11:10 PM, vit9696 said:

For DMAR we are preparing a kernel quirk, which will disable VT-d on macOS level. We believe it is a better place than DMAR dropping given that one day we should probably make APTIO VT-d support compatible with macOS. Added as DisableIoMapper in this commit.

If my machine (an ASUS X299 i9 7900X) currently requires the DMAR drop to boot, will DisableIoMapper work for that?

I absolutely believe you, but would you mind explaining why it is better than dropping DMAR?

Hello

I'm just installed OC and everything looks ok, except some strange behavior when system wan't boot periodically with bootloader error - Couldn't allocate runtime area. 

Why this is happening ?

2019-06-05 23.29.08.jpg

Edited by v.osypets

On 6/5/2019 at 11:43 PM, Andrey1970 said:

hello Andrey

I saw u use applesmarttouchpad kext for ur trackpad

I can't inject the kext in OC, can u give that lines from ur config.plist file

thanks

I wonder if the devs could clarify something for me please @vit9696 there is a rumour circulating that OpenCore will possibly get a GUI based Menu/Style boot, is there any truth in this, because i for one prefer the minimal no frills boot. 

9 hours ago, artur_pt said:

hello Andrey

I saw u use applesmarttouchpad kext for ur trackpad

I can't inject the kext in OC, can u give that lines from ur config.plist file

thanks 

Try load the plugins followed by the kext in plist order.

4 hours ago, errorexists said:

tried the new open core with the arg lapic_dont_panic=1

Kernel patcher init failure - Not Found

image.png.6eeaeab112d0f565992941261a8450d2.png

an can only boot with cpus=1

Hi,

Looks like lapic_dont_panic=1 is kind of problematic. Don't use it for now.

As for you patch shown in the screenshot (00 74 0E 8B -> 00 EB 22 8B) - No! It bricks the kernel as I could found *a lot of* occurrences instead of just one where we want to patch.

Please grab mine instead: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339035-pre-release-macos-catalina/?do=findComment&comment=2676207

Or at least go specify:

Base   = _lapic_interrupt

Count  = 1

(By the way, you can also use bitmask to match 9E and 8B as shown in my post above.)

11 hours ago, PMheart said:

Hi,

Looks like lapic_dont_panic=1 is kind of problematic. Don't use it for now.

As for you patch shown in the screenshot (00 74 0E 8B -> 00 EB 22 8B) - No! It bricks the kernel as I could found *a lot of* occurrences instead of just one where we want to patch.

Please grab mine instead: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/339035-pre-release-macos-catalina/?do=findComment&comment=2676207

Or at least go specify:

Base   = _lapic_interrupt

Count  = 1

(By the way, you can also use bitmask to match 9E and 8B as shown in my post above.)

i used that an also an pavo did a the patch is in the pic that i used for me an i had that the kp on the hp laptop but ill give it a try from your suggestions an pmhearts that he responded to try also
thank you

19 minutes ago, errorexists said:

tried this out an still kp
left pic newest right pic oldest an bot kp but not with cpus=1
image.thumb.png.13af37986fc094780bc88e82cf634997.png

If quirk LapicKernelPanic should be unfortunately broken, then you could try simply using my patch (yes, as shown in your left pic) and also specify Base, Count, Identifier and MatchKernel (19.)