[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.3

fantomas

214 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

OC 0.7.9 release and OC 0.8.0 release latest hang on 'EB LOG EXITBS START' by booting on my Z490.

Tried also with troubleshooting by Dortana, no chance. I need some help if possible.

I'am not sure to be on the right place, but any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you

I have being having the exact same problem and it is really irritating- what I have found sometimes works is to reset NVRAM . Sometimes this helps to get past the KP and sometimes not.  When this fails another thing I am then forced to do is restart , go into the BIOS settings and disable secondary boot device options ( I have Big Sur on a NVME SSD as secondary boot option) - i.e only leave booting from my Monterey SSD as no.1 device selected with 2nd boot option etc DISABLED  in BIOS  ). When I restart, Open Core (OC 0.8.0) can still see my Big Sur disk but the error is gone and I can boot my Monterey  SSD smoothly.

Strangely sometimes none of the above work at all! and when that happens I have to resort to a 3rd alternative that usually solves the problem-(thanks to a tip from SLICE I read a while back.) This is to change from UEFI to CSM in the BIOS and boot into Windows (I also have a win10 SSD connected) and perform REPAIR DISK ERRORS , then restart and change change back to UEFI in BIOS and boot successfully back into Monterey- It would appear it has something to do with other connected boot devices but I am not sure. I also read somewhere its could be related to a display conflict and I am now totally confused. I am not saying this will work for you- but this is how i get around this on my MSI Z390 Gaming Plus hack.

If this continues will try Clover 5145 and see if there is a difference

NB: I even tried to disconnect my BIG SUR and Win10 drives- to leave the only boot device as my Monterey SSD but the problem still persisted!@!! -

Update: Clover 5145 boots my Monterey 12.3 beta 5 perfectly with no problem-so the error as Mateng84 pointed out is related to an OC specific problem

MacPro7,1  Build 1: i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Gaming Plus Z390, Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.0 beta

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

OC 0.7.9 release and OC 0.8.0 release latest hang on 'EB LOG EXITBS START' by booting on my Z490.

Tried also with troubleshooting by Dortana, no chance. I need some help if possible.

I'am not sure to be on the right place, but any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you

The right place, I think, is the Opencore discussion topics. But sorry I can't help you 😢 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ndungu6678 said:

I have being having the exact same problem and it is really irritating- what I have found sometimes works is to reset NVRAM . Sometimes this helps to get past the KP and sometimes not.  When this fails another thing I am then forced to do is restart , go into the BIOS settings and disable secondary boot device options ( I have Big Sur on a NVME SSD as secondary boot option) - i.e only leave booting from my Monterey SSD as no.1 device selected with 2nd boot option etc DISABLED  in BIOS  ). When I restart, Open Core (OC 0.8.0) can still see my Big Sur disk but the error is gone and I can boot my Monterey  SSD smoothly.

Strangely sometimes none of the above work at all! and when that happens I have to resort to a 3rd alternative that usually solves the problem-(thanks to a tip from SLICE I read a while back.) This is to change from UEFI to CSM in the BIOS and boot into Windows (I also have a win10 SSD connected) and perform REPAIR DISK ERRORS , then restart and change change back to UEFI in BIOS and boot successfully back into Monterey- It would appear it has something to do other connected boot devices but I am not sure. I also read somewhere its could be related to a display conflict and I am now totally confused. I am not saying this will work for you- but this is how i get around this on my MSI Z390 Gaming Plus hack.

If this continues will try Clover 5145 and see if there is a difference

NB: I even tried to disconnect my BIG SUR and Win10 drives- to leave the only boot device as my Monterey SSD but the problem still persisted!@!! -

Update: Clover 1545 boots my Monterey 12.3 beta 5 perfectly with no problem-so the error as Mateng84 pointed out is related to an OC specific problem

MacPro7,1  Build 1: i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Gaming Plus Z390, Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.7.9

Thank you ndungu6678, as far as I understand Clover is the way to go.

Hopefully OC is not giving up with not native Z490 devices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jm26200 said:

Good morning all,

I am like Sysiphe and its rock since the 1st beta monterey version 12.1.1 and when I want to update to beta version impossible to complete the installation at the last step remains blocked
equipment

Z490i Aorus ultra
intel BX8070110400 I5-10400
16 GB DDR4
Intel IGPU 630

Need advice tried with OC and Clover but I did not pass the final phase
If someone knows this problem or if someone can tell me that the material is not suitable, I will close my tests!
thanks in advance

Regards

sorry for my bad English and sorry if put message no good place.

Hi @jm26200 This topic is dedicated to macOS 12.3 Beta. There is a topic for 12.2.1 Update. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yes I know Sir but when I want to update to version 12.3 the installation starts. etc etc ... but the last step can't be completed must and I have to reinstall version 12.2.1 
ty for answer
Have a nice day
Regards
and sorry for  my error

Edited by jm26200
  • Like 1

I have installed 12.3 with OC 0.8.0. I did a fresh install from USB Stick. The installation went fine but as soon as I login the system hang.

I did several test but I could never properly install 12.3. Till 12.2 everything was fine.

To me it looks like it is a 12.3 problem but I can't figure out what it is.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Edited by Joshua60
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

I have installed 12.3 with OC 0.8.0. I did a fresh install from USB Stick. The installation went fine but as soon as I login the system hang.

I did several test but I could never properly install 12.3. Till 12.2 everything was fine.

To me it looks like it is a 12.3 problem but I can't figure out what it is.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

I see im not alone with no success
The big problem I encounter is that the update does not end at the last 10mn step and the pc reboots with panic etc etc.
Very strange !

IMG_0712-min.JPG.f1511649c2188f3d90e5d25ba9def474.JPGIMG_0713-min.JPG.16e6384b4c376c9ffac87fb01100a2f8.JPGIMG_0716-min.JPG.421f68dad2cb0074fcf373097adada6c.JPG

Edited by jm26200
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I did some more testing and I add NVMeFix-1.0.9 kext.

After the first login after install (OC 0.8.0) I got the following panic:

"Process name corresponding to current thread (xxx...xxx)

: watchdog

IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMEController

Attempting system restart ...

Panic!!!

After booting BigSur  (OC 0.8.0) I had the attached problem. BigSur is working fine with the same OC used for Monterey installation.

Thanks for supporting

12.3 Problem.rtf

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

@jm26200

J'ai refait d'autres tests. Ci-joint une autre occurrence du problème avec 12.3 et mon EFI pour être complet.

EFI 0.8.0 comète 2.zip 3,73 Mo · 3 téléchargements 12.3 Encore un problème.zip 2,28 ko · 1 téléchargement

ty  try soon  and  said with my Z490 ,)

regards

hi bro

I tried and I don't know how you can boot on this EFI on my Z90i Aorus Ultra impossible

I can't even manage to install it it seems that it's for a laptop

ty    and  good luck
me  make  a break  more bad eyes 

Edited by jm26200