[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

By the  same road 167 (...my road 😂

EFI X299 R6EE CLOVER 5142 Monterey 12.1 ( Serial, UUID from Clover Configurator ) MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS 

Clover simplicity is peaceful.

CLOVER X299 R6EE CLOVER 5142 12.1.zip

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi Gents, 

Forgive me if I shouldn't ask here......

But I'm playing with OpenRGB (just got the Logitech G815) and it won't see the keyboard. IAfter doing some googling, I'm wondering if I need to add some Kext in order to get it recognized via SMBus control?

thanks for any help

10 minutes ago, Partime said:

Hi Gents, 

Forgive me if I shouldn't ask here......

But I'm playing with OpenRGB (just got the Logitech G815) and it won't see the keyboard. IAfter doing some googling, I'm wondering if I need to add some Kext in order to get it recognized via SMBus control?

thanks for any help

Logitech Support is your friend >>>>  Logitech

• Like 1

If it’s a USB device, then it’s an issue with openRGB probably. You don’t use SMBus for that. You might use it to control motherboard LEDs though, which I don’t think any software supports. Would need either a user client for VoodooSMBus or to reverse the user client for Apple’s SMBus stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So i booted up for the first time in a while and i have noticed that everything is running super fast.
The video on the app store is supposed to be 15 seconds long but finishes just after about 6 seconds.
Even the cursor here is blinking twice as fast as it should.
What can i check?

Clover 5142.

Was happening before and after the update to beta 4.

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.50.50 pm.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

X299 - Monterey Beta 4 update ok - OC 0.7.6

EDIT : Constant KP on Boot after Login Screen reporting WindowServer Errors

KP seems to be solved by adding boot Flag:  agdpmod=pikera    

1661180235_ScreenShot2021-12-03at4_59_09PM.png.cb8b53bd125f67ea2f3a3034c77baab2.png

Something new in network prefs:jester: but I210 is still DOA.

What's up Apple devs? I thought you were reading this forum for fixing your beta releases 😂

1718278139_ScreenShot2021-12-03at11_59_26AM.thumb.png.4dcc14ac4420bdf18bcb0247287b1bc3.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, pico joe said:

how u can get universal control at iMac Pro, @Ellybz any clue?

This feature is still not available on Monterey Beta 4.  Hopefully will be here in a couple of weeks with Beta 5.

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So i booted up for the first time in a while and i have noticed that everything is running super fast.
The video on the app store is supposed to be 15 seconds long but finishes just after about 6 seconds.
Even the cursor here is blinking twice as fast as it should.
What can i check?
Clover 5142.
Was happening before and after the update to beta 4.
1789513673_ScreenShot2021-12-03at10_50_50pm.png.f6b84e348c40770e53bc8b2022d21487.png

I have just tried a fresh install and it’s still happening. Could it be a bios option? Clover config error?
I would try OpenCore but at the moment I can’t get that to boot yet.

No one has any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I have just tried a fresh install and it’s still happening. Could it be a bios option? Clover config error?

Hi my friend. 

I have same graphic card as you' and can't make it work. I'm using rx580 work great on Catalina. I if use rx6600xt.  And try booting whit Monterey for fresh install. I get black screen. I'm using last version clover. 

Can you help plz. ??

Hi my friend. 
I have same graphic card as you' and can't make it work. I'm using rx580 work great on Catalina. I if use rx6600xt.  And try booting whit Monterey for fresh install. I get black screen. I'm using last version clover. 
Can you help plz. ??

Help from the person asking for help? Ok I’ll try.
Try adding -wegoff as a boot argument. That’s what makes my 6800xt work. But as my post states I also get double speed animations.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Hi my friend. 

Can you help plz. ??

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Help from the person asking for help? Ok I’ll try.
Try adding -wegoff as a boot argument. That’s what makes my 6800xt work. But as my post states I also get double speed animations.

Lmao bruuu 😂

Yeah but at least you make it work. 

I tried whit -wegoff. That's work on bigsur. But my card not recognized. Show 7Mo memory. 

Any kext you suggeste ? 

Lmao bruuu
Yeah but at least you make it work. 
I tried whit -wegoff. That's work on bigsur. But my card not recognized. Show 7Mo memory. 
Any kext you suggeste ? 

You can try agdpmod=pikera as a boot arg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

You can try agdpmod=pikera as a boot arg.

I got it already 😓.

Tonight I I'll try graphic ATI . 

I will let you know. 

If it's work I can send to you my plist. Cause I haven't trouble whit mouse at the moment.

I know I’m quoting my own post and people don’t like it but meh
I got OpenCore to finally boot with no bios changes and the fast animations have stopped. So it must be a clover setting somewhere.
Does anyone know or have an idea of where to look?

• Like 1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] What "fast animations" are you referring to?

In Clover, there's no obvious setting for fast animations, I can guarantee you that. But check for yourself: https://github.com/5T33Z0/Clover-Crate

It’s like the animation when opening up the apps from the dock the genie effect? Just instantly pops up, the analog clock runs twice as fast, the video in the App Store that goes for 15 seconds then repeats for it only goes for approx 6 seconds then repeats. With OpenCore it doesn’t happen so it’s gotta be misconfig in clover somewhere. I’ll be comparing the two configs later to see where the difference is but the kexts and ssdt’ date the same.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1