[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

1416374654_Screenshot2021-10-07at20_07_18.thumb.png.5dc448a9ed16f1581effa1534fd79265.png

Updated Beta 8  --------->   Beta 9

On my test build Asus X299 Prime A II  CPU i7-7800x - GPU Amd Radeon RX460

OC 0.7.4 release with iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS ( without changing SMBIOS and without RestrictEvents.kext)

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Partime said:

What tool/methodology does everyone think works best for creating a USBMap.kext?  It's been a while.......

thanks.

Take a sample and edit by TextEdit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, miliuco said:

I like Hackintool too.....

Anyone, one thing I wanted to check .... I believe we no longer use the USBInjectAll.kext, but do I just remove my existing USBMAP.KEXT before using Hackintool??

On 10/7/2021 at 6:35 PM, miliuco said:

If you have 0.7.4, in theory SecureBootModel=Default and SMBIOS set as you prefer must work.

What's your SMBIOS?

Try SecureBootModel=Disabled.

My SMBIOS is Macmini8,1 & SBM=Disabled.

The previous update to beta 7, I changed the SMBIOS to iMac17,1 as suggested here.

Updated the Z68 from b6 to b9. No issues now that I had updated OC to 0.7.4 (previously b7 failed to install).

As a test I installed chris1111's Kepler driver patch and that worked fine.

However I'm not going to do that with every update so I wiped Monterey and went all the way back to Mavericks, which is the oldest system I can run as a MP6,1.

It'll be nice to have a legacy system again as updating the GPU in my X79 means I can't boot my old Snow Leopard install on that.

• Like 2

I think I've discovered a strange quirk or a bug in the latest Monterey Beta unless it is something unique to my machine. I done a clean install of the latest Beta and all was perfect, all Apple Services worked as before, WiFi and B/Tooth connection not a problem, ear pods, wireless keyboard and mouse connection perfect but I noticed my iPhone would not connect as before. It would connect and then quickly disconnect. Yet Continuity with F/Time and iMessage was working as normal so what was the problem with the iPhone connection? I discovered in System Preferences/Network Bluetooth PAN was missing. Checked with my BS installation and it is there, so I thought maybe I had a bad installation with Monterey, so I wiped the disk again and done another clean install and still no Bluetooth PAN showing in Network. So the next step I took, done a clean BS install on a test drive and updated to Monterey to get over the problem - See attached - I suggest all who done a clean install of the latest Monterey Beta to check Network, I'd be interested to see if the problem is only at my end.

Spoiler

2069969112_ScreenShot2021-10-08at23_29_13.png.ecb72eaec372724ef45f26411a6e70a6.png590222067_ScreenShot2021-10-08at22_00_42.png.5cea33ca3b28e162db5072cf8fa0c5da.png

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

Same for me. Bluetooth PAN visible in Big Sur but absent in Monterey. And can't be added as new interfaz.

Aha so it’s not just me then!!!! - I am now in the middle of installing BS then I will upgrade that to Monterey. Looks like an all night job for me.😢

• Like 2

The one caveat in rectifying Bluetooth PAN not showing up within Network when a clean install of Monterey is performed and to overcome this by way of upgrading BS, is the Disk remains named as Big Sur at the boot menu but I suppose that is a typical behaviour of a Beta release. :wallbash:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, eSaF said:

The one caveat in rectifying Bluetooth PAN not showing up within Network when a clean install of Monterey is performed and to overcome this by way of upgrading BS, is the Disk remains named as Big Sur at the boot menu but I suppose that is a typical behaviour of a Beta release. :wallbash:

I did not understand if you have solved with the bluet. pan (I think so) but as for the disk name, just Install intel Power Gadget or rename it manually by disabling SIP metod

• Like 4

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Easiest method is the first proposed by @antuneddu  

Rename the disk to your like in Finder and Disk Utility >> install or reinstall Intel Power Gadget >> reboot. 

• Thanks 1

Hello.
Since it became 5140.1, the item of SMBIOS has increased, so I set it.
Because they searched the values for us,I think the values that OpenCore put together as Autogen.c are better.
I'm sorry for the automatic translation of Japanese pages, but the setting method is as follows.
https://mifmif-mydns-jp.translate.goog/alpha/?p=2117&_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ja&_x_tr_pto=nui
Thank you.

So what your saying is to use the new smbios features in clover 5140 & 5140.1, the extendedfirmwarefeatures and it corresponding mask is to use the ones generated from OpenCore based on specific smbios?

I will do a test boot with the above config later from USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

The one caveat in rectifying Bluetooth PAN not showing up within Network when a clean install of Monterey is performed and to overcome this by way of upgrading BS...

BS gives option to add new network interface Bluetooth PAN but Monterey doesn't.

Edited by miliuco

BS gives option to add new network interface Bluetooth PAN but Monterey doesn't.

btpan.png.b57e085fecad09a017e2db11a36cb674.png

Maybe it’s just this round of betas. I wouldn’t go changing anything yet until next beta or release if it’s the same.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I wouldn’t go changing anything yet until next beta or release if it’s the same.

Correct - It's just that curiosity got the better of me as to why Bluetooth PAN was not showing in the Network left column. Now by upgrading via a clean install of BS it is now showing as should be but connection to iPhone is still a no go even though Continuity is working as should plus I still have the name disk Big Sur at the Boot Menu oppose to Monterey. So all that work I did to correct one problem was not worth it, so I agree with your post. In my opinion Monterey is no where ready for general release, too many nagging bugs are showing up from one Beta to the next.

@miliuco @atuneddu - Thanks I forgot about that useful tip, just done it and Disk name change from BS to Monterey. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

Correct - It's just that curiosity got the better of me as to why Bluetooth PAN was not showing in the Network left column. Now by upgrading via a clean install of BS it is now showing as should be but connection to iPhone is still a no go even though Continuity is working as should plus I still have the name disk Big Sur at the Boot Menu oppose to Monterey. So all that work I did to correct one problem was not worth it, so I agree with your post. In my opinion Monterey is no where ready for general release, too many nagging bugs are showing up from one Beta to the next.

[mention=23030]miliuco[/mention] @atuneddu - Thanks I forgot about that useful tip, just done it and Disk name change from BS to Monterey. :thumbsup_anim:

Still been a better experience than big flop I mean Big Sur.

• Haha 2

Hello.
Since it became 5140.1, the item of SMBIOS has increased, so I set it.
Because they searched the values for us,I think the values that OpenCore put together as Autogen.c are better.
I'm sorry for the automatic translation of Japanese pages, but the setting method is as follows.
https://mifmif-mydns-jp.translate.goog/alpha/?p=2117&_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ja&_x_tr_pto=nui
Thank you.

Ok after looking again i think we are talking about two different things.
In Clover now we have these 4.
FirmwareFeatures
FirmwareFeaturesMask
#ExtendedFirmwareFeatures
#ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask

What i want to know is how do we get the values the later two 
#ExtendedFirmwareFeatures
#ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask

EDIT:

I think we are talking about the same thing.
See attached pic for what i have done.
Hopefully this will work.
527748818_ScreenShot2021-10-09at8_30_32pm.png.2336bd1f46cbdfa593a40f727ec8cefb.png

Booted laptop with what’s pictured and all is fine so far. Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Maybe it’s just this round of betas. I wouldn’t go changing anything yet until next beta or release if it’s the same...

I think the same, it seems to be with betas. Anyway, I don't miss this feature too much.

Please remove in my quoted post the blank space of the image I attached and removed. Thanks.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

For example.

.FirmwareFeatures = 0x8FD8FF576ULL,
.FirmwareFeaturesMask = 0x8FFDFFF7FULL,

This is misleading example.  Respect to Acidanthera but FirmwareFeatures are 32 bit only.... Not as you see.

These values correspond to ExtendedFirmwareFeatures (64bits) and in the case of ExtendedFirmwareFeatures is implemented then FirmwareFeatures can be forgotten.  Amen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slice said:

This is misleading example.  Respect to Acidanthera but FirmwareFeatures are 32 bit only.... Not as you see.

These values correspond to ExtendedFirmwareFeatures (64bits) and in the case of ExtendedFirmwareFeatures is implemented then FirmwareFeatures can be forgotten.  Amen.

So if the values provided by opencore are incorrect can you please provide a way to get the correct values for clover for ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask.

With all due respect it just seems counter intuitive to implement something that has no way of determining the values needed.