[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

It work normal ;)

I have the stick ready ... I just have to try it (after updating Big Sur 😂 ), yes I think there are no problems

Schermata 2021-09-29 alle 21.22.16.png

Schermata 2021-09-29 alle 22.03.15.png

I got this far...everything good

1456735127_IMG_20210929_230256copia.png.09fc45fcd64aabb60d34a64785c9754d.png

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 3

Mine shows the upgrade and runs through the install process but on reboot it shows the mackintosh update disk but it reboots on the normal Monterey disk and then shows its updating for 10 minutes. It restarts into Monterey but has not updated to beta 8. I am using SMBIOS 7.1. 

***Edit*** made another EFI with 0.7.4 and still did not work, only installed after changing SMBIOS to 17.1 and now install completed

Edited by surenmunoo

2 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Mine shows the upgrade and runs through the install process but on reboot it shows the mackintosh update disk but it reboots on the normal Monterey disk and then shows its updating for 10 minutes. It restarts into Monterey but has not updated to beta 8. I am using SMBIOS 7.1. 

It looks like you set wrong (Extended)FirmwareFeatures. See config and NVRAM.

13 hours ago, antuneddu said:

RestrictEvents  1.0.5    Added macOS 12 software update support with any Mac model !!! 

It should help to update without changing smbios 🙂

Thanks for the info, this are very good news for future updates. This has to do with a @ghost8282 issue in the bug tracker.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, antuneddu said:

I have the stick ready ... I just have to try it (after updating Big Sur 😂 ), yes I think there are no problems

Yes Bro, made an install USB drive and used on a test drive to install Beta 8 and all worked out well, so I would say Apple fixed the bug that prohibited making an install USB stick for Beta 7. One more thing, the install USB Drive and install after was made with a 19.1 SmBIOS I didn't have to change to a 17.1 and all went perfect. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

RestrictEvents  1.0.5    Added macOS 12 software update support with any Mac model !!! 

https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=RestrictEvents&viewall=true&version=1.0.5&sha=2430ed06c15a9f3dd94634ab68e208c8b762e11d

It should help to update without changing smbios 

So far Ive only used restrictevents on my AMD machine (not 1.0.5) yet. Didn’t know it had any use on Intel machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

So far Ive only used restrictevents on my AMD machine (not 1.0.5) yet. Didn’t know it had any use on Intel machines.

One of the first features of RestrictEvents (previous to AMD CPUs brands strings) has to do with MacPro7,1 SMBIOS on Intel machines, to fix misconfigured RAM warnings and memory tab in About this Mac.

@antuneddu @eSaF 

It seems that this new RestrictEvents spoofs iMac19,1 to Software update. 

Edited by miliuco

14 minutes ago, miliuco said:

One of the first features of RestrictEvents (previous to AMD CPUs brands strings) has to do with MacPro7,1 SMBIOS on Intel machines, to fix misconfigured RAM warnings and memory tab in About this Mac.

@antuneddu @eSaF 

It seems that this new RestrictEvents spoofs iMac19,1 to Software update. 

Well, I've always received update notifications, without the help of the kext 🙃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@antuneddu @eSaF 

I was using it for a year since I use MacPro7,1. 

Ok - I guess anything to aid us to smooth install/update is most welcomed. Anyway peeps, I am going missing for a couple of hours, I need to take a power nap after the last few days of downloading and installing OS X and Win 11, I am exhausted and weary, I have yet to update BS but I will leave that until later when I am rested. You know at my age I need frequent ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzssssss. :hysterical: - Later.

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 5

During the upgrade from Monterey Beta7 to Beta8, final boot into the OS stalled at graphics initialization stage on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH (iMac17,1 SMBIOS, Intel Iris Graphics 540).

Fixed by adding boot argument agdpmod=vit9696 for WhateverGreen in OC config.plist 😀...

Spoiler

117948238_MontereyBeta8_21A5534donNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.b3d593919a4da92f9a29b18ef4e4e85b.png

Edited by fusion71au
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Henties said:

@Irish_Man Here you go, Platforminfo-->Generic was removed. Everything that is relevant for this EFI can be gleaned from the "Comments entries" at the beginning of the config.plist file. 

Enjoy

Greetings Henties

EFI.zip 6.07 MB · 3 downloads

Thank you bud, it's working now.  All I needed was to add those 2 boot-args. Even tho, it was working without them on Beta 7. 

• Like 2

Updated to 0.7.4 from 0.6.4 today, after some configuration changes and finally reading that propertree needed to be updated, updated from beta 6 to 8 without issue using restrictevents.kext

What smbios were you using? And did you need to change it?

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

What smbios were you using? And did you need to change it?

No, I've been using iMacPro1,1 (need to update my sig...) and it required no change smbios wise

I spent most of my time working out booting my current install beta 6, due to the updated opencore

once it was configured properly booting beta 6, i had no issue updating via software update, but it only showed after installing restrictevent's latest build

edit: should mention i updated to the latest version of my gigabyte bios, i couldn't boot with resizeable BAR on auto

Edited by Skyfallkavu
  • Like 1

I have managed to update my  good old gigabyte Z97 . To 12.0 Beta (21A5534d). I mean it was as easy as update and go out come back all done

also older AMD card supported. 

1462264264_Screenshot2021-10-01at08_30_59.thumb.png.0af1cfd1ccbfaf01b3cb3d4e89675278.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, miliuco said:

Thanks for the info, this are very good news for future updates. This has to do with a @ghost8282 issue in the bug tracker.

Yes, and it's working as expected!

However I lost my Nvidia GTX Titan Black with beta 8...anybody knows if apple changed something for nvidia models like mine?

I didn't install beta 7, but on beta 6 it worked.

It detects the basic display with 8 MB...{censored}..

Edited by ghost8282
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Yes, and it's working as expected!

However I lost my Nvidia GTX Titan Black with beta 8...anybody knows if apple changed something for nvidia models like mine?

I didn't install beta 7, but on beta 6 it worked.

It detects the basic display with 8 MB...{censored}..

If it's Kepler, support is lost in beta 8. Try this (binaries by KhronoKernel and patcher by @chris1111)

https://github.com/chris1111/Geforce-Kepler-patcher

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1