Windows 11 - Discussion

naiclub

187 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest way to bypass TPM and other check is to install Windows 11 Insider preview 22449.1000 to a external SSD hard drive as Windows to Go using Rufus. I tried to boot my windows to go SSD on 3 old computers and it boot without problems. Performance is comparable to systems installed on internal drive.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 091853.png

• Like 3

Windows 11 22454.1000 installed on a external ssd on a non TP2 compliant computer without any modification to the original ISO file. The performance of the Windows to Go external SSD is comparable to the one installed on an internal SSD. This is the best way to install Windows 11 in an old computer without altering anything on the original ISO. This will also boot with Open core boot loader.

22454.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Windows 11 Insiders Preview 22463.1000 (rs_prerelease) was released

1906145137_Immagine2021-09-23022511.png.64a96aaadd41344ecedf2ce75f66e908.png

Thanks. How to update to Windows 11 Insiders Preview 22463.1000 (rs_prerelease). My system stuck at 22000.194 😪 

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. How to update to Windows 11 Insiders Preview 22463.1000 (rs_prerelease). My system stuck at 22000.194 😪

Bro all I can think of is to insure you have all relevant updates.

Spoiler

1390587482_ScreenShot2021-09-23at12_24_04.thumb.png.3ea999892b06c586f454a4fc9e658687.png

Hi @all @eSaF

I don't find the answer in this topic. SecureBoot + TPM to install Windows 11 or only TPM ?

Is TPM to be activated necessarily for Windows update under Windows 11 ? I search this information on Microsoft forum without success.

Does somebody have an idea, please.

Edited by Matgen84

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @all @eSaF

I don't find the answer in this topic. SecureBoot + TPM to install Windows 11 or only TPM ?

Is TPM to be activated necessarily for Windows update under Windows 11 ? I search this information on Microsoft forum without success.

Does somebody have an idea, please.

I too am unclear about the subject but my SecureBoot in the BIOS is set to Standard if I remember correctly (never touched it or changed it) and TPM is enabled. I am sure there is work around  videos on Youtube describing installation without TPM. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I too am unclear about the subject but my SecureBoot in the BIOS is set to Standard if I remember correctly (never touched it or changed it) and TPM is enabled. I am sure there is work around  videos on Youtube describing installation without TPM. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks a lot 🙂 I read some articles about bypassing TPM (with script). I want to install Windows 11 only on my Z390, so I can activate Intel PTT in the BIOS. The Ivybridge config is too old, I keep Windows 10.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 3:25 PM, Matgen84 said:

Thanks a lot 🙂 I read some articles about bypassing TPM (with script). I want to install Windows 11 only on my Z390, so I can activate Intel PTT in the BIOS. The Ivybridge config is too old, I keep Windows 10.

As far as I know, Win11 requires a TPM 2 enabled device and Secure Boot capable UEFI by default. TPM2 enabled seems to be a must but Secure Boot can be enabled or disabled.
If I am wrong, please correct me.

In Gigabyte Z390 series mobos like mine there are 2 options in BIOS related to TPM:

• TPM 2 physical connector to be able to plug in an extra TPM2 cryptographic device
  • PTT option in BIOS with a function similar to TPM, this option is the one that Windows 11 can check as an installation requirement (I guess).

I doubt that macOS + Windows 11 users on hackintosh have UEFI Secure Boot enabled because OpenCore does not boot with this option enabled (except if you have digitally signed OpenCore files from Linux). Secure Boot can be Standard or Custom but the important thing is if it is enabled or disabled.

You have already seen that there is more than one way to install Windows 11 without TPM 2. The way to do it with script from the installation program seems complex to me and sometimes it does not work well. The option to replace the Sources folder in the Windows 11 ISO image with the Windows 10 one, renaming the Windows 10 install.esd file to install.wim, usually works fine for me.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, miliuco said:

As far as I know, Win11 requires a TPM 2 enabled device and Secure Boot capable UEFI by default. TPM2 enabled seems to be a must but Secure Boot can be enabled or disabled.
If I am wrong, please correct me.

In Gigabyte Z390 series mobos like mine there are 2 options in BIOS related to TPM:

• TPM 2 physical connector to be able to plug in an extra TPM2 cryptographic device that in some mobos like mine is not factory installed
  • PTT option in BIOS with a function similar to TPM, this option is the one that Windows 11 can check as an installation requirement (I guess).

When some one says that it has TPM enabled, I don't know if it refers to the TMP 2 option (which when activated informs whether or not you have an associated device) or to the PTT option, it depends on the mobo.

I doubt that macOS + Windows 11 users on hackintosh have UEFI Secure Boot enabled because OpenCore does not boot with this option enabled (except if you have digitally signed OpenCore files from Linux). Secure Boot can be Standard or Custom but the important thing is if it is enabled or disabled.

You have already seen that there is more than one way to install Windows 11 without TPM 2. The way to do it with script from the installation program seems complex to me and sometimes it does not work well. The option to replace the Sources folder in the Windows 11 ISO image with the Windows 10 one, renaming the Windows 10 install.esd file to install.wim, usually works fine for me.

I don't find Secure Boot in BIOS, but the security option is set to 'system' by default. For Windows 11, PTT option in BIOS is enabled. So I can boot Monterey via Clover, without any problem. 

Using these settings, Windows PC Health indicates that Windows 11 can be installed 😊 tomorrow will be the big day to install the release

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't find Secure Boot in BIOS, but the security option is set to 'system' by default. For Windows 11, PTT option in BIOS is enabled. So I can boot Monterey via Clover, without any problem. 

Using these settings, Windows PC Health indicates that Windows 11 can be installed 😊 tomorrow will be the big day to install the release

I have Secure Boot in BIOS Boot tab, very bottom, clicking displays the options.

EDIT: as you say, Secure Boot capable (enabled or disabled) and TPM or PTT enabled >> Win11 can be installed. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1