Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

@pkdesign

Forks are a fundamental part of GitHub. GitHub is a place to share your code but also (very importan) a place to collaborate on someone else's code.

You publish your code >> I think I can improve it in some way >> I create a fork of your GitHub repository that is a synchronized copy >> I work on the fork and make the changes that I consider useful >> Then I create a Pull Request that is seen in your repository with the proposed changes >> You review the Pull Request and decide if you accept the changes (you merge my code with yours, your repository with the updated code now has 2 collaborators, you and me) or If you reject them and inform me of the reason or if you ask me for some other change so that you approve it >> In the end, 2 unknown people, far from each other, collaborate on the original code in a selfless way that is at the same time very simple.

It may also be that I create a fork of your code to make it known to my followers or the people who access my GitHub.

In short, forks are the way to collaborate and often improve code from GitHub repositories.

@ic005k can improve his app merging pull requests or ignore them. OCAT has more than 2 dozen forks which gives an idea of the interest this app generates in the community. This is also a positive indicator for the developer.

• Like 2

I agree with you but in my opinion all this should remain on github to avoid creating confusion for users I'm welcome if @ic005k then accept the various proposals...there's no point in publishing the artefacts

.... I don't know if I explained myself

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 2

You missed that ic005k written his sources for Qt5 framework while Andy remaked them to Qt6 framework. They can't be merged they are different very much.

But they work similar. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slice said:

You missed that ic005k written his sources for Qt5 framework while Andy remaked them to Qt6 framework. They can't be merged they are different very much.

But they work similar. 

They can be merged.

I kept Qt 5 compatibility.

I do a version check to accomplish this.

I also merged @Baio77 fork.

• Like 4

I've built a 10.13 version too.

I used Qt 6.0.4.

https://github.com/andyvand/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases/download/20240002-baio/OCAT_Mac10.13.dmg

Edited by Andy Vandijck
  • Like 4

On 2/8/2024 at 3:11 PM, Andy Vandijck said:

I've built a 10.13 version too.

I used Qt 6.0.4.

https://github.com/andyvand/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases/download/20240002-baio/OCAT_Mac10.13.dmg

I couldn't open the DMG file; the following error message was displayed: 'OCAT_Mac10.13.dmg' - Resource is busy. Can someone please upload the app as a ZIP file?

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Thank you very much, Chris. However, the app won't launch. After a double-click, the app briefly opens and immediately shuts down. Has anyone been able to open and use this Legacy app for MacOS from their Hackintosh running High Sierra 10.13? I've attempted to open the app on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

10 hours ago, spakk said:

Thank you very much, Chris. However, the app won't launch. After a double-click, the app briefly opens and immediately shuts down. Has anyone been able to open and use this Legacy app for MacOS from their Hackintosh running High Sierra 10.13? I've attempted to open the app on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

It's working over here.

I don't know why it doesn't work on older OS X.

It should work...

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-10 om 12.54.40.png

OCAT 10.13 in a zip...

@spakk

Try this one please...

OCAuxiliaryTools.zip

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

The app crashes upon launch on my end. I'm using Monterey and tested it with SIP enabled and disabled, the result was the same.

For Monterey use this one

OCAuxiliaryTools.zip

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Slice Here is another one.

Seems like they coming out of the woodwork.

He looks like good user who was attacked. We will control him.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 4:51 PM, Andy Vandijck said:

OCAT 10.13 in a zip...

@spakk

Try this one please...

OCAuxiliaryTools.zip 24.93 MB · 8 downloads

Andy, it seems like my Mojave system is acting up. I noticed this elsewhere today when I tried to open a config.plist. Suddenly, I received an error message, even though this config.plist is perfectly fine. The error seems to be clearly related to my system.

34 minutes ago, spakk said:

Andy, it seems like my Mojave system is acting up. I noticed this elsewhere today when I tried to open a config.plist. Suddenly, I received an error message, even though this config.plist is perfectly fine. The error seems to be clearly related to my system.

How about Catalina using OCAT_Mac10.15.dmg?

Edited by Andy Vandijck