Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Please incorporate an UNDO function for the list editors (DeviceProperties, ACPI, Kexts, etc)

This function is always present, except for adding entries (you can use the delete entry function to achieve UNDO).

1 hour ago, ic005k said:

This function is always present, except for adding entries (you can use the delete entry function to achieve UNDO).

Undo does not work if you accidentally delete devices from Device Properties.

10 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Undo does not work if you accidentally delete devices from Device Properties.

This has been working fine. You can try using the Undo and Redo buttons on the toolbar. The shortcut keys for OCAT's Undo and Redo are Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 (see under the "Edit" menu for details), and the purpose of defining the shortcut keys is to distinguish them from the text editor's Undo and Redo.

@ic005k you app has allowed me to upgrade four different opencore 6.0 efi's. I followed the instructions in the other thread and it was very good except for the boot protect notation for upgrading <version 6. OC. But I am past that. My question is I follow this thread and see you've incorporated updating kexts, but after my OCAT upgrade I can't see how it's done. Can you update the instruction process on the other thread --

Thanks, you really have stepped things up for Opencore, and I hope you'll get many donations or accolades! Thank you,  jm

@jmacie In the Sync OC screen, information about the kext is displayed, but currently only the three basic kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, and AppleALC.kext, are upgraded.
If you can't see them, please update OCAT to the latest version.
Also, I may make some more improvements later on regarding the synchronous upgrade of kext. Thank you for your attention.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ic005k said:

This has been working fine. You can try using the Undo and Redo buttons on the toolbar. The shortcut keys for OCAT's Undo and Redo are Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 (see under the "Edit" menu for details), and the purpose of defining the shortcut keys is to distinguish them from the text editor's Undo and Redo.

CMD+Z is known around the globe to macOS users for Undo. Why do you have to do it differently?

25 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

CMD+Z is known around the globe to macOS users for Undo. Why do you have to do it differently?

For now, when you are editing text in a cell, you need to undo the text you are editing, you need to use Ctrl+z at this time, if the table rows also use Ctrl+z to undo, there will be some confusion at this time, so the table rows undo using custom.
In addition, OCAT is not a native macOS application, it is a cross-platform application that needs to take into account Win and Linux and so on.
Sure, all these can be solved by technical means, and I will consider these when I have enough time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ic005k I like that syncing upodates much more files now, but overall, there are some issues that come alon with having much more files in the lists now. Here ares some suggestion for a new sync window:

1. Split the sync window vertically instead of horizontally. >> gives much more space to list the files, now that there are many more files
  2. Put Source on the left, Target on the right
  3. Remove the file paths. They are really long, unnecessary and won't fit on screen. You have like 10 cm of file path text before the actual relevant information is displayed 1 cm before the end.
  4. Move the select boxes to the "Target" section. Because the logic goes: "replace in target, this, this and this file". It makes more sense thenhaving them in the "Source" section.
  5. Make the "!"  a flat,  2D icon as well. Everything else is flat and 2D, why have the "!" as the only 3D icon? It's inconsistant and doesn't fir the overall look.

Here's a quick and dirty mock up to get the idea accross:

sync_mockup.thumb.png.64886c960995c126dda3f8c40c0ea93a.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

@ic005k Feature suggestion:  text-mode support. Having a text mode would be helpful for adding entries in raw text like this example:

<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>
<key>Base</key>
<string>_IOGetVMMPresent</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Force IOGetVMMPresent</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data></data>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>kernel</string>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string>20.4.0</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>uAEAAADD</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Feature suggestion:  text-mode support. Having a text mode would be helpful for adding entries in raw text like this example:

This feature can be considered and can be implemented quite simply. However, editing in text mode is very prone to errors, which can lead to corruption of the config.plist file.
I will think about this feature and see if there is a better way to implement it, thanks.

I am rather confused with whats going on with my Opencore updates. Things were fine till I tried using the Olarial Opencore files which work fine and switched from an older MSI-7984 system to the B365M DS3H. Basically the system won't boot and just hangs. I tried just updating the Olarial files to. 7.5 with Ocat but it still hangs? I've disconnected all my drives except the Monterey SSD with no changes. I've reset Nvram countless times but it doesn't help. I've tried older Opencore versions that worked(not Olarial files) and they don't work anymore either. I've even seen files disappear from the EFI>Tools folder?? I at least can get back the desktop using a USB with Olarial files.

Ok ... so I took my USB drive and put Opencore 74 on it using basic text menu. It wouldn't boot either. Here is where it stopped:

IMG-0032.thumb.jpg.6624d4f1e0b1ee4dc300fe3ed6520fa9.jpg

As for not using Olarial files that would be fine except I can't seem to get away from them now

@brian51 I want to give you a pointer and try to save this thread for on-topic. In your spec you didn't put your cpu which may not really complicate some possibly helping, bit I copied your MB name/typeand put EFI after the name and searched google and I got a github hit. That's how you're going to have to do it if you can't build your own from Dortania, google search and try other peoples efi's. Be prepared to add your own smbios or serials in platform info. But start here and leave this thread for the dev.  https://github.com/RusKryzhanovskiy/Hackintosh-Gigabyte-B365M-DS3H

@ic005k I think some kexts are not updated correctly. BrcmPatchRAM is at version 2.6.1  https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.6.1

But OCAT says 2.6.0 is the latest:

Bildschirmfoto.png.e8c71fd63c08879724be1fb041a30bc1.png

As far as the kext Database is concerned, could you add alphabetical sorting and a switch to enable/disable kext rules? I have some kexts which I don't update because newer Versions don't work well with my hardware. Mainly VoodppPS2 controller. Besides that. Great feature!

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I think some kexts are not updated correctly. BrcmPatchRAM is at version 2.6.1 

Please update kext online, in the future, the kext inside the database may not be updated frequently anymore, because with online update kext, so the kext inside the database is no longer important.

4 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

As far as the kext Database is concerned, could you add alphabetical sorting and a switch to enable/disable kext rules? I have some kexts which I don't update because newer Versions don't work well with my hardware. Mainly VoodppPS2 controller.

Please add this kext to the list of "kext upgrade exclusions". In the "Add" screen of "Kernel".

50 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Please update kext online, in the future, the kext inside the database may not be updated frequently anymore, because with online update kext, so the kext inside the database is no longer important.

How do I perform an online update? I thought this is what it does – looking for kext updates online and installing them?! 🤷‍♂️

EDIT:  Oh, okay, you click the play button in the Kernel section. Got it.

- Unfortunately kext download does not work.

- As soon as you ignore more than one kext, the exclude list its unusable.

- It's confusing to be able to update kexts from 2 locations.

- The bottom row of the kext section is completely overloaded now

>> Suggestion: integrate online kext updater and ignore funtion into the Sync window. Eliminates 3 of the 4 Problems. Optionally: add a download prograss bar in the sync window.

Edited by 5T33Z0

@5T33Z0 In the next release, I will remove the Kext sync inside the sync function and the Kext upgrade will be done only through online upgrade. This will be very clear, currently it is rather confusing.

If there is no response to the online upgrade of Kext, please select the appropriate agent in the "Miscellaneous" section of the "Database" to download Kext.