[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Solved... log out of iCloud and log in again solved it... there is a first time for everything, and BS proves it again, and again...

Thanks again @eSaF ...

Do you happen to have a version of proper tree that works with BS ?

Glad you got it sorted - Try this one.

ProperTree.zip

On the side subject of updated companion code, does anyone have a link to a recent IORegistryExplorer? IOJones keeps crashing on me (release and source compiled), and the IORegExp version I have doesn't even has an icon... I'm getting a few things sorted out to get Big Sur on my laptop and figured such updated app could help me out.

Next I have to fix the mess Apple created me... Been using an @me.com dedicated email account, only to find out recently they changed the authentication credentials to @iCloud.com... this caused all my contacts, notes and calendar to multiply themselves :(

4 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

On the side subject of updated companion code, does anyone have a link to a recent IORegistryExplorer? IOJones keeps crashing on me (release and source compiled), and the IORegExp version I have doesn't even has an icon... I'm getting a few things sorted out to get Big Sur on my laptop and figured such updated app could help me out.

Next I have to fix the mess Apple created me... Been using an @me.com dedicated email account, only to find out recently they changed the authentication credentials to @iCloud.com... this caused all my contacts, notes and calendar to multiply themselves :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45bhj4b8pchvkc6/IORegistryExplorer.zip?dl=0

• Like 1

For developers, if you need it: after yesterday compile of OC I have no need of JumpstartHotPlug enable for recovery. Test it on ivybridge and z390. After today compile, for the first time on BS, I have KP on cpupowermanagement on ivybridge laptop. No problems on z390. TY for your work!

In BS beta 5 I have problems with airdrop on laptop and desktop ivybridge. Anybody else?

Edited by Stefanalmare

1 hour ago, Alex HQuest said:

Thanks @Pavo. Still is an icon-less IORegExp, but it is 5 years newer than the IORegExp v2.1 from 2008 I've been using. I guess I'll call it progress :) 

463123136_Schermata2020-08-23alle19_52_05.thumb.png.6f68d79caa9dbb656e6618eb1c08bf63.png

so now I have 6Mb of more information ???

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have no need of JumpstartHotPlug enable for recovery

Yes it fixed in master, don't need enable.

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have KP on cpupowermanagement on ivybridge laptop

Fixed in master.

Edited by Andrey1970
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

still trying my best to delete snapshots and make the disk writeable

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 03.06.04.png

delete /Volumes/BigSur 

try this>>   diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot disk2s5 -uuid 7A9F57F5-FC3C-4199-A82A-BD3345EF8BDF

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

On my HP 840 G3 Elitebook I have EnableJumpeStart=True and UnblokFsCionnect=Tree, no apfs driver needed

Hp 4540s. I don't see apfs partition using standard config. I need EnableJumpeStart disable, UnblockFsConnect enable and apfs drivers.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Anyone with Hp Probook has managed to dual boot Big Sur and windows 10 with OpenCore on one single disk, on my 4540s windows start but crash immediately, with clover worked smoothly.

Me. Tell me if I can help you. Windows boot from refind and also from OpenCore.

Edited by Stefanalmare

19 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Me. Tell me if I can help you. Windows boot from refind and also from OpenCore.

On single disk or two disks with caddy, on my laptop refind work well but OpenCore has some issues to handle the dualboot, can you share your efi folder and show your partition map. Thank's in advance.

12 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

On single disk or two disks with caddy, on my laptop refind work well but OpenCore has some issues to handle the dualboot, can you share your efi folder and show your partition map. Thank's in advance.

This is third time you ask me this! On SAME disk. Not very polite to don't believe me and ask for print screen but here you have.
Give me also your open core EFI to see how you managed to have mic after wake.

Arhivă.zip

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fuzzylogic said:

still get the same results even with a new install (trying to delete snapshots) 

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 19.40.24.png

Screenshot 2032-09-06 at 02.21.32.png

very simple 

diskutil apfs listSnapshots /Volumes/BigSur 

diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot disk3s5 -uuid  ????????-????-????-????-????????????