[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

There are few apps on Windows which allow you to do that. Just google “extract dsdt.aml” and follow the instructions. Can you PM me your machine’s fresh dsdt.aml?

DSDT.aml Here it is, thanks for your efforts, johnm

Edited by jmacie

17 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I'm the only one with this, or anyone out there has the same problem ?...

I have the same but isn't that setting for MacBooks more than a Desktop machine? I don't know how relevant that is for a Desktop monitor which would have it's own builtin brightness control or maybe be a bug yet to be fixed.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I have the same but isn't that setting for MacBooks more than a Desktop machine? I don't know how relevant that is for a Desktop monitor which would have it's own builtin brightness control or maybe be a bug yet to be fixed.

Pretty sure it's a bug. It was working for me on the first two betas and then became greyed out in the following ones. No doubt Apple will fix it in the future.

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all that responded, and I'm happy that I'm not the only one with that nuisance ... and that bugged me because in my Mac mini 2018 at work the brightness slider works. In my hack until BS Beta 2 it worked and after that is greyed out... 

It's only my OCD speaking I'm sure... LoL

Thanks to all that responded, and I'm happy that I'm not the only one with that nuisance ... and that bugged me because in my Mac mini 2018 at work the brightness slider works. In my hack until BS Beta 2 it worked and after that is greyed out... 
It's only my OCD speaking I'm sure... LoL
You're not alone)))
On BS beta 2 brightness slider are working... from beta 3 and up, I'm unable to boot))

Trimis de pe al meu Pixel folosind Tapatalk

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, jmacie said:

DSDT.aml Here it is, thanks for your efforts, johnm

Alright I have created entire EFI from scratch for your X99 system consisting of OC 0.6.1 and latest kexts compiled today. Just replace this with Clover EFI and make sure you Reset NVRAM first and then boot into Big Sur or it's USB installer. Took me 1 hr. Phew. :)

EFI-X99-jmacie.zip

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

One more fresh install macOS BS Beta 5, and all is well, except an greyed monitor brightness slider...

I'm the only one with this, or anyone out there has the same problem ?...

This fresh install was to see if I could make an fresh install after downloading an full copy of macOS BS beta 5... and it worked 30 - 45 m and 4 reboots and it's done...

So I have problems too. On my VX27X it is also greyed out. On my LED Cinema Display it I can move it, and the Brightness in System Preferences for that monitor, but it doesn't do anything.

If memory serves, on an early Beta (think B2) I played with SwitchResX and both the brightness slide worked on both monitors...(not 100% on the VX).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

Alright I have created entire EFI from scratch for your X99 system consisting of OC 0.6.1 and latest kexts compiled today. Just replace this with Clover EFI and make sure you Reset NVRAM first and then boot into Big Sur or it's USB installer. Took me 1 hr. Phew. :)

EFI-X99-jmacie.zip

God Bless, Man!. I'm not up yet, but I appreciate ALL your efforts. I'm stuck at pci configuration begin, but I've solved that before, so I'm going to keep at it. I just wanted to get back right away. Thanks so much again. I know you know helping others is what we're here for and hopefully we'll get all these old x99s going! I'll let you know after a bit, johnm

• Like 1

If anyone wants today's compiled OpenCore 0.6.1 and Essential Kexts

OpenCore-0.6.1-RELEASE.zip

Essential Kexts.zip

41 minutes ago, jmacie said:

God Bless, Man!. I'm not up yet, but I appreciate ALL your efforts. I'm stuck at pci configuration begin, but I've solved that before, so I'm going to keep at it. I just wanted to get back right away. Thanks so much again. I know you know helping others is what we're here for and hopefully we'll get all these old x99s going! I'll let you know after a bit, johnm

Try disabling SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml from ACPI section of config.plist. 

#CPUID for  Broadwell-E/Broadwell 0x0306D4

Cpuid1Data   <-> F1060400 00000000 00000000 00000000
Cpuid1Mask  <->  FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

Add npci=0x2000 as boot arg

You can even use this guy's SSDTs

You might have to add hfsplus.efi driver to be able to boot from USB drives

HfsPlus.efi

Edited by d5aqoep
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi, I have Hp4540s on BS B5. Since Sierra, dual boot windows. For AirportBrcmFixup on BCM4352 disable in config.plist AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. Tell me please, after wake up, your microphone work?

Yes the microphone work well, only thing that don't work is the webcam too dark.

Your dual boot is on separate disks or on only one disk, on my laptop with two separate disks windows boot but crash immediately, there is some issue with OpenCore and correct handle of acpi? 

With Clover I never had any problem to handle triple boot on one disk. I am currently using ReFind boot manger to boot correctly Windows and Ubuntu.

@d5aqoep No go as of now. Same stuck after pci configuration begin, with a KP, trying to boot BigSur. I got as far as booting my Catalina install after I changed a few quirks and added a patch to your efi. I'm appreciative and will go over all you did for me to glean what I can. I will absolutely give you all the props in the end. Your energy got me reinspired. I know for a fact there are several stuck and many more on reddit. The only other ssdtpatch is the one mentioned on Dortania when they talk about Asus' x99s &299s and BigSur needing the SSDT-RTCO patch. I had attempted to use their prebuilt, then made one, but no difference. I'll keep plugging away. When BigSir goes live we can get reddit help, but they ban beta talk, so It's trial and fail for now. Thanks so much for all your help. I am sure it was not in vain as someone may be able to see these posts and have the key to help. Take care, johnm

1 hour ago, jmacie said:

@d5aqoep No go as of now. Same stuck after pci configuration begin, with a KP, trying to boot BigSur. I got as far as booting my Catalina install after I changed a few quirks and added a patch to your efi. I'm appreciative and will go over all you did for me to glean what I can. I will absolutely give you all the props in the end. Your energy got me reinspired. I know for a fact there are several stuck and many more on reddit. The only other ssdtpatch is the one mentioned on Dortania when they talk about Asus' x99s &299s and BigSur needing the SSDT-RTCO patch. I had attempted to use their prebuilt, then made one, but no difference. I'll keep plugging away. When BigSir goes live we can get reddit help, but they ban beta talk, so It's trial and fail for now. Thanks so much for all your help. I am sure it was not in vain as someone may be able to see these posts and have the key to help. Take care, johnm

There are two patches RTC0 and AWAC. One of them should work. 

Try one the two RTC0 ranges SSDTs mentioned on this page. Links are given as well.
https://github.com/khronokernel/OpenCore-Asus-X299

I cannot find link for X299 AWAC SSDT. You need to google it. I know it’s X99 chipset but worth trying them out. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, finally i installed Bigsur on internal ssd drive, the system is working flawlessly, but i have 2 issues on the current working Bigsur:

1- Airplay is not working via wifi or lan , it only work via bluetooth !

2- Graphics glitches on some apps esp clover and oc configurator, and on About this mac.

Anyone have such issues or any solutions , i didnt try to mount the disk as read write yet, but the graphics card is working properly

Waiting any suggestions, my hardware is Dell Skylake with Hd 520. Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

After the last fresh install I lost my favorites in the start page of safari, anyone knows how to recuperate them?

Thanks

When you did the fresh install did you by any chance change the Mac model from previous as all your favourites should have been save in iCloud if you used the same SmBIOS as before. Still regardless whether you changed or not I think once you logged into iCloud all your settings should have been transferred to your new install.

Hi @eSaF,

No I don't think so, and I logged well to the iCloud but my favorites are gone... I'm going to log out of iCloud and log in again to see if it solves it... but it must be another BS weirdness because my ebooks in books don't download too ...

Thanks ... :thumbsup_anim:

46 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @eSaF,

No I don't think so, and I logged well to the iCloud but my favorites are gone... I'm going to log out of iCloud and log in again to see if it solves it... but it must be another BS weirdness because my ebooks in books don't download too ...

Thanks ... :thumbsup_anim:

Yes try that, it is strange that your favourites disappeared, I have never experienced that with updates or installs, as soon as I log into iCloud they are always there even with every Beta version of BS.

• Like 1

Solved... log out of iCloud and log in again solved it... there is a first time for everything, and BS proves it again, and again...

Thanks again @eSaF ...

Do you happen to have a version of proper tree that works with BS ?

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

I've successfully installed Big Sur using OpenCore 0.6.0, however I'm wondering whether I need to tweak further as I get a message on start up,"disk5s5s1: device is not readable". On further research, disk5s5s1 is an APFS snapshot called,"com.apple.os.update - ...). Has anyone else come across this? Should I just suppress debug messages? Any ideas? Many thanks

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 08.25.05.jpg

IMG_20200823_072006.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

I've successfully installed Big Sur using OpenCore 0.6.0, however I'm wondering whether I need to tweak further as I get a message on start up,"disk5s5s1: device is not readable". On further research, disk5s5s1 is an APFS snapshot called,"com.apple.os.update - ...). Has anyone else come across this? Should I just suppress debug messages? Any ideas? Many thanks

Try to eliminate the snapshots, I did it with these steps, try doing them from the recovery terminal: 

Spoiler

Disable-Snapshots.thumb.jpg.980f4f1356867e170b8ee94b1b2d78e5.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

Thanks for this DarkNeptune0. I wasn't too sure about deleting Snapshot since it was labelled update but I'll give that a go

Can’t get recovery partition to boot...tried a few other bits and hosed my build (fortunately on ext hdd). Going to try system rebuild and put this down to learning

CAE3B77F-16AB-43E1-B5A2-AAC6246AEF3C.jpeg