[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, manmo71 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@SavageAUS see if you can get hold of @MaLd0n, he is an expert in the area of DSDT & SSDT. He might be able to help you out...

If you are still talking about dual boot with OC, while I do recognize and respect MaLd0n’s effort in helping the community with the immense amount of ACPI fixes he does, I doubt his approach would be beneficial to SavageAUS needs: He strips things down to the point “it only works on macOS”, instead of adding the right selections for each particular OS as a unified, single table. Which therefore causes these common ACPI_BIOS_ERROR blue screen and inability of OC to perform as natural as expected.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

A question for everyone: The itlwm itlwmx Intel kexts developed by some awesome dev spoofs the Intel AX200 as ethernet. Is it possible to make his kext work as native Apple Wifi and use Apple’s own Wifi picker? 

This might be what you need, but it seems to be for Catalina for now.

https://github.com/usr-sse2/Black80211-Catalina

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys, info.plist from App Store when we enroll Mac from Catalina show another image with final "g".

670480945_CapturadeTela2020-08-07s15_19_03.png.19e57a759afc82d5de5460d27e19e0a2.png

But when update shows up " i " at the Installation...

1793215366_CapturadeTela2020-08-07s16_09_59.png.701a21079703a7dddb9b9b99285ce170.png

20 min to install and not issues with OC update and kexts...!!!

Best Regards at all...

Thanks my friend @rubenpp don't worry, its happens when change systems, is because my job depends 110% from e-token signature...

God bless you are...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

He is currently working on it. There is another script that gives you a Wifi picker but that has to be activated every single time. So might as well live with what the itlwm guy has to offer.

it is in my Big Sur ver 4 setup works 70 mbs in g mode not 400 but baggers can't be choosy

23 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

Public Beta

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.41.44 AM.png

@bisdak4920

I have one ASUS H97M-E with OpenCore 061 works well with Catalina but I can't intall from usb.

It always stop the instal when there are 12 minutes left.

Could you help me with my EFI?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Streets

1 hour ago, Streets said:

@bisdak4920

I have one ASUS H97M-E with OpenCore 061 works well with Catalina but I can't intall from usb.

Thanks a lot

EFI.zip

We have the same problem. My installation is is by VMWARE using @ludufre method which is very fast and easy. Sorry I can't help you on USB install.

13 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

@TrickyHunter It better be: the 2020 iMac 27" comes with a 5700XT card, so Apple will give this card a white glove treatment :hysterical:

Well, there's slight difference here haha. The new 5700 XT is a Radeon Pro (16GB memory) and ours are Radeon (8GB memory). But agree it's a good indication!

One issue I had on Catalina (with the same OC build/kexts/config) was that my mouse cursor had sudden small jumps, a couple of pixels every time. And it's fixed in Catalina. So it's promising that there'll be better support for the 5700 XT.

13 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:
If you are still talking about dual boot with OC, while I do recognize and respect MaLd0n’s effort in helping the community with the immense amount of ACPI fixes he does, I doubt his approach would be beneficial to SavageAUS needs: He strips things down to the point “it only works on macOS”, instead of adding the right selections for each particular OS as a unified, single table. Which therefore causes these common ACPI_BIOS_ERROR blue screen and inability of OC to perform as natural as expected.

Yeah I have an open thread about my laptops sleep issue that MaLdOn is helping with and the dsdt he created for me works great, no sleep though and I think usb power isn’t working either but yeah also causes windows 10 to stop booting with the ACPI error. I am awaiting his reply in the thread. Would be great if the OC team brought back the EnableForAll (or what ever it was) quirk that only enables OC’s patches etc in macOS and leaves other OS’s alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Streets said:

@bisdak4920

Thanks a lot

Make sure You have only the necessary files in Your Drivers folder and in the config.plist UEFI/Drivers section. I struggled with the same thing.

Spoiler

1239996395_Kpernyfot2020-08-08-7_52_43.png.c72350cfcb279428b87aff6f367cb285.png1942749078_Kpernyfot2020-08-08-7_53_21.png.88e8c7188f40da2cab996a6c08c031f4.png

@SavageAUS @Alex HQuest @Max.1974  Thank you for all your assistance.

I finally managed to get BS Public Beta installed on my system (onto a separate m.2 SSD) from a USB.

Things that I did

1. Replaced the USB drive with a newly purchased one.
  2. Did a fresh download of the public beta installer.
  3. Created installer and did the install.
  4. Kexts and config.plist file was unchanged from the previous install.

I noticed that this time that the drive sealing stage went through a bit slower and showed success message (previously I suspect there were errors, the verbose mode scrolls so fast that it is difficult to read) and the boot went through successfully.

I think in my previous installs the sealing phase had failed, and thats what caused the KP as reported in my earlier posts.

Is there a boot-arg or some hotkey that can enable a log of all that shows up on the -v (verbose screen during boot) up until the point we get to the desktop?

I would like to see that and evaluate, to see if there are areas or error which can be eliminated.

• Like 2

@SavageAUS I would not wait on OC team: they already stated this is not the intended use case for their loader. The intent of OC is to be as much similar to the real Apple boot loader. Therefore it is on us (end users) to fix ACPI tables (amongst other things) so the system boots under OS A or B. Might sound unfortunate but I understand now their rationale in such move and I too agree it make sense.

Way back when I used Ozmosis on my Z68 I had to make all of my DSDT device injections conditional so they wouldn't interfere with Windows. Here's the relevant sections from my DSDT patch. Hopefully this helps a bit.

Spoiler

# ********************************************************************************
#   Add method DTGP
# ********************************************************************************
into method label DTGP remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)\n
        {\n
            /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44,\n
            /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B\n
        }))\n
    {\n
        If (LEqual (Arg1, One))\n
        {\n
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))\n
            {\n
                Store (Buffer (One)\n
                    {\n
                        0x03\n
                    }, Arg4)\n
                Return (One)\n
            }\n
            If (LEqual (Arg2, One))\n
            {\n
                Return (One)\n
            }\n
        }\n
    }\n
    Store (Buffer (One)\n
    {\n
        0x00\n
    }, Arg4)\n
    Return (Zero)\n
}
end;
#   Add method OSDW
into method label OSDW remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
    Method (OSDW, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        If (LEqual (OSYS, 0x2710))\n
        {\n
            Return (One)\n
        }\n
        Else\n
        {\n
            Return (Zero)\n
        }\n
    }
end;
#   Add Darwin to OS list
into method label _INI replace_content
begin
            Store (0x07D0, OSYS)\n
            If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local0))\n
            {\n
                If (_OSI ("Darwin"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x2710, OSYS)\n
                }\n
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x07D1, OSYS)\n
                }\n
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP1"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x07D1, OSYS)\n
                }\n
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP2"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x07D2, OSYS)\n
                }\n
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001.1"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x07D3, OSYS)\n
                }\n
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)\n
                }\n
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2009"))\n
                {\n
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)\n
                }\n
            }\n
end;
#   Inject HDEF device (Layout ID 1)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    Store (Package (0x04)\n
        {\n
            "layout-id",\n
            Buffer (0x04)\n
            {\n
                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
            },\n
            "PinConfigurations",\n
            Buffer (Zero) {}\n
        }, Local0)\n
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
    If (OSDW ())\n
	 {\n
	   Return (Local0)\n
	 }\n
	 Else\n
	 {\n
	   Return (Zero)\n
	 }\n
}
end;

• Like 1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] I would not wait on OC team: they already stated this is not the intended use case for their loader. The intent of OC is to be as much similar to the real Apple boot loader. Therefore it is on us (end users) to fix ACPI tables (amongst other things) so the system boots under OS A or B. Might sound unfortunate but I understand now their rationale in such move and I too agree it make sense.

Is it not true that real Macs can boot windows from the picker without having to patch dsdt to avoid ACPI errors on windows? I get it, this is a hackintosh so it’s different but if OC was intended to be “as Mac as possible” then windows booting should be as important. Not having a dig at anyone, just my thoughts, I really appreciate all the work that everyone has done with this boot loader. Just wish booting windows was on the radar as not everything runs on macOS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Is it not true that real Macs can boot windows from the picker without having to patch dsdt to avoid ACPI errors on windows? I get it, this is a hackintosh so it’s different but if OC was intended to be “as Mac as possible” then windows booting should be as important. Not having a dig at anyone, just my thoughts, I really appreciate all the work that everyone has done with this boot loader. Just wish booting windows was on the radar as not everything runs on macOS.

Use refind. Personally, I have a lot of benefit from they work. After, I adapt all to my needs. Not cool to give advice to someone work if you're not involve.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

It is true and you are correct: real Apple hardware will boot Windows right off the picker, regardless of set on NVRAM or selected at boot time. Now, if Bootcamp does add or not ACPI patches during boot time to be loaded and interpreted by the Apple boot loader, or if patches its entire and primary ACPI tables, provided by Apple during their own firmware updates, I do not know: I understand that one way or another they have to, since Apple support only up to a certain version of Windows OS on a specific Apple device. So they too "fix" their own ACPI tables making them able to run the newer Windows OS, as they have done before. How they do it is unknown to me - my gut tells me this is done over firmware updates and not at boot load time.

Which then brings us back to where we are. Since we want macOS on our non-supported, non-approved hardware, we are the ones that have to fix/provide what the hardware vendor should had done. The vendor never would as they cannot officially endorse running macOS on non-Apple hardware without being sued. And since OC follows Apple's loader behavior, we are on our own. A stance that has multiple problems. For one, something even the UEFI group recognizes as issues within their own world (see image below). And the risk of creating incompatible ACPI tables that works on macOS and not on Windows, which was exactly the problem we were trying to fix.

So while yes, the "most versatile" option would be for OC to not enforce ACPI changes if _OSI is anything other than "Darwin", seeing how OC is also used on real Apple hardware, and with their approach of "vanilla", unless enough people would make them to change their minds...

I don't speak by the Acidanthera team and I'm in no way related to the group. We can continue this discussion on the OpenCore section of this forum if needed so we don't sidetrack too much on the actual macOS Big Sur Beta topic.

Spoiler

926167194_ScreenShot2020-08-08at9_49_37AM.png.ab13cf149b95f01cbd27ce6e6c2c6176.png

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

Just got stuck at a black screen after selecting install from OC menu....going to try arg -lilubetaall

Also check in config.plist CFG lock/unlock corresponds with the actual CFG settings of your M/B, wrong setting can also lead to black screen.

32 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Also check in config.plist CFG lock/unlock corresponds with the actual CFG settings of your M/B, wrong setting can also lead to black screen.

Thanks eSaF, that's very true, I'm currently using the preconfigured SSDTs. When I dumped my DSDT using Clover (using F4) it gave me lots of (some 30 odd) SSDTs. should I install all of them. I was hoping to keep EFI as streamline as possible. Still that will be next on my list. I'll do a new dump of DSDT tomorrow.