[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

That had been removed right from Beta 1

I used those variables with Beta 1-3 and it was working just fine, if I removed them it stopped working, suddenly with Beta 4 it only worked if I removed them.

Hopefully we get kernelcollections working soon :)

Yep, that bit really sucks the big one.  Looks like I'm going to have to give OC a try an create SSDTs etc. :o

The main issue I have with SSDT’s and DSDT with OC is that it prevents windows booting with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.
I know it can be fixed but I’m not knowledgeable enough in DSDT and SSDT’s to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

The main issue I have with SSDT’s and DSDT with OC is that it prevents windows booting with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.
I know it can be fixed but I’m not knowledgeable enough in DSDT and SSDT’s to do it.

I sympathise. I spent 2 weeks trying to get Catalina to work just for fun - I did get it going on an external HDD but I remember mostly cursing. I will start with installing on an external HDD again this time but I am NOT looking forward to it. I think Rocky's comment applies...read very CAREFULLY.

A question for everyone: The itlwm itlwmx Intel kexts developed by some awesome dev spoofs the Intel AX200 as ethernet. Is it possible to make his kext work as native Apple Wifi and use Apple’s own Wifi picker? 

Edited by d5aqoep

13 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

Read carefully  my friend

Only existing Big Sur installations can be booted. Big Sur cannot be installed by installer

Not true, I install a few time BS beta 3 i 4 from usb installer on external usb drive.

Just now, d5aqoep said:

A question for everyone: The itlwm itlwmx Intel kexts developed by some awesome dev spoofs the Intel AX200 as ethernet. Is it possible to make his kext work as native Apple Wifi and use Apple’s own Wifi picker? 

He is currently working on it. There is another script that gives you a Wifi picker but that has to be activated every single time. So might as well live with what the itlwm guy has to offer.

I sympathise. I spent 2 weeks trying to get Catalina to work just for fun - I did get it going on an external HDD but I remember mostly cursing. I will start with installing on an external HDD again this time but I am NOT looking forward to it. I think Rocky's comment applies...read very CAREFULLY.

Rocky’s comment was about clover not being ready to install big sur? I was talking about dsdt and ssdt’s for use with OpenCore. I always end up with non bootable Windows 10.

5 hours ago, rubenpp said:

Sorry I couldn't find the file in /usr/lib/ or anywhere else in the Mac

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

@Max.1974 - Sorry same here, no sign of said file.

Thanks my friends, @rubenpp its a hidden file, need type "shift + command + . (comma)" to see hidden files. 

Thanks @eSaF my friend, im not will install the new beta, im was read your comments in another site :thumbsup_anim: so im decide wait  now, for the updates... good day to all!!! 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

He is currently working on it. There is another script that gives you a Wifi picker but that has to be activated every single time. So might as well live with what the itlwm guy has to offer.

He has clearly stated he won't. Here is a quote from his github page https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/blob/master/.github/README_en.md

Don't be misled by Ethernet shown in System Prefs. The reason is that I didn't use Apple's close source IO80211Family but rather spoofed it into Ethernet, just like USB Wi-Fi cards.

Wish we could spoof to Apple's IO80211Family and get a perfect native functionality. His Heliport app is very finicky.

What is the script you talking about?

Hi guys, im watch a good video tutorial to make wireless work. In my case, my Lenovo with Brcm card. 

Sorry if not could post link here, im will delete if not my friends MODS...

This guy use OpencoreConfigurator and work like a charm!!! Im not need deleted Snapshot :thumbsup_anim:

Fix Wireless Big Sur

How to make wifi broadcom work in MacOS Big Sur Beta 2 on Hackintosh OpenCore

credits: Luis Martinez

Works fine with BS B4

Edited by Max.1974

5 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

when it got to the point that to edit the plist uses opencore configurator.... I closed the video and good night!

Did you see what they do? He dropped that kext and uncheck 4360 line at Kernal config. Works very nice....good night!!

54 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi guys, im watch a good video tutorial to make wireless work. Im my case, my Lenovo with Brcm card. 

Sorry if not could post link here, im deleted if not...

This guy use OpencoreConfigurator and work like a charm!!! Im not need deleted Snapshot :thumbsup_anim:

Fix Wireless Big Sur

Works fine with BS B4

LOL - the OC install guide warns against using OC configurator

• Like 4

Even though I have BS Developer Beta 4 installed, I downloaded recently released Public Beta created a USB installer and managed to install it onto a separate m.2 SSD drive.

The installation went on until the final boot (where it is supposed to complete the installation, Keyboard, AppleID) 
But during the boot it throws up KP, the same EFI boots BS Developer B4.

Spoiler

2020-08-07BSPublicBeta.thumb.jpeg.e08934063777ecfc7b11818683fc3b57.jpeg

Anyone have any pointers as to what might be the issue?

I have already tried resetting the NVRAM.

I am posting this from BS DB4.

Edited by manmo71
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

LOL - the OC install guide warns against using OC configurator

I have no choice to install wireless, that works in B1, B2 and B3, but in B4 not. 

Use with carefully, last update and will work nice...use with your EFI closed. Just compile and another folder :rolleyes:

Works fine without error to me in my EFI from boot HD, because im had backup on my pen drives...

After run and set kexts works nice!!! 

:thumbsup_anim:

32 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

Even though I have BS Developer Beta 4 installed, I downloaded recently released Public Beta created a USB installer and managed to install it onto a separate m.2 SSD drive.

The installation went on until the final boot (where it is supposed to complete the installation, Keyboard, AppleID) 
But during the boot it throws up KP, the same EFI boots BS Developer B4.

Reveal hidden contents

2020-08-07BSPublicBeta.thumb.jpeg.e08934063777ecfc7b11818683fc3b57.jpeg

Anyone have any pointers as to what might be the issue?

I have already tried resetting the NVRAM.

I am posting this from BS DB4.

Im get this erros, im fix that using OCBuilder app from @Pavo (need Xcode installed) and change all drivers, folders, except my config plist, and update especially my kexts. Not use audios because its to much big, deleted. So im run nice install from BS B4. 

But im notice that im use Nvram with this settings on boot args... for fresh install AND for final boot...

BACKUP yours files first!!! 

Enjoy!!! :rofl:

Captura de Tela 2020-08-07 às 11.54.15.png

253150311_CapturadeTela2020-08-07s11_57_31.png.46bf694022755098db401b92b82fb2cc.png

https://github.com/Pavo-IM/ocbuilder/releases/tag/7.4.4 

Use Release ... good luck 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Thanks my friends, @rubenpp its a hidden file, need type "shift + command + . (comma)" to see hidden files. 

Thanks @eSaF my friend, im not will install the new beta, im was read your comments in another site :thumbsup_anim: so im decide wait  now, for the updates... good day to all!!! 

You're most welcome @Max.1974 ! Sorry still no sign of the file after enabling show hidden files. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi guys, im watch a good video tutorial to make wireless work. In my case, my Lenovo with Brcm card. 

Sorry if not could post link here, im will delete if not my friends MODS...

Fix Wireless Big Sur

Works fine with BS B4

You need these 4 kexts to make BRCM NGFF cards like BCM94352Z to work in Big Sur

1. AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  2. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  3. BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  4. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

Download latest AirportBrcmFixup kext from here (Release version)

https://github.com/acidanthera/airportbrcmfixup/releases

Other 3 kexts download from here (Release version)

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases

AirportBrcmFixup.kext contains 2 kext injectors AirPortBrcmNIC and AirPortBrcm4360.

Make sure you just add AirportBrcmFixup.kext & AirPortBrcmNIC and uncheck AirPortBrcm4360 if using Opencore Configurator. Latest version released yesterday has many fixes for OC 0.6.1 compatibility. OR do your own thing with Plist editor Pro / Xcode to make sure only AirPortBrcmNIC is loaded.

Reboot and you should get Wifi back. I assume you are using latest versions of Opencore and Lilu.

Link to latest Lilu

https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases

Link to Latest OpenCore

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/releases

Link to latest VirtualSMC

https://github.com/acidanthera/virtualsmc/releases

Link to latest WhateverGreen

https://github.com/acidanthera/whatevergreen/releases

Link to latest IntelMausi Onboard Intel LAN

https://github.com/acidanthera/IntelMausi/releases

Edited by d5aqoep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

You need these 4 kexts to make BRCM NGFF cards to work in Big Sur

1. AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  2. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  3. BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  4. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

Download latest AirportBrcmFixup kext from here (Release version)

https://github.com/acidanthera/airportbrcmfixup/releases

Other 3 kexts download from here (Release version)

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases

AirportBrcmFixup.kext contains 2 kext injectors AirPortBrcmNIC and AirPortBrcm4360.

Make sure you just add AirportBrcmFixup.kext & AirPortBrcmNIC and uncheck AirPortBrcm4360 if using Opencore Configurator. Latest version released yesterday has many fixes for OC 0.6.1 compatibility. OR do your own thing with Plist editor Pro / Xcode to make sure only AirPortBrcmNIC is loaded.

Reboot and you should get Wifi back. I assume you are using latest versions of Opencore and Lilu.

Thanks d5aqoep, I'v just started collecting my kexts in preparation to create a USB

• Like 1