[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

I agree. My German is really rusty. I'll try to find a translation Here's an English translation courtesy of Google https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/&prev=search&pto=aue

Edited by sonicthehedgehog2

Clover is Not ready for USB instaler 

I didn't saw any Single Person who can Proof us success Full Installation of BS from clover USB installer

Edited by Rocky12
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blu24 said:

My mistake should be set to "false":dev:

I uploaded the correct EFI :angel:

BTW I'm using the latest --Premade EFI USB Installer Series 100/200/300/400-- based on OC 0.6.1 provided by MaLd0n that I modified for my existing hardware.

I  installed macOS Big Sur public beta ( 20A5343j ) using the same EFI I uploaded last night.

Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector  is set to "TRUE" setting it to "FALSE" resulted in KP

Spoiler

Untitled.png

Edited by rubenpp
Added spoiler
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Loloflat6 said:

Public Beta :

11.0.20A5343j macOS Big Sur Beta

Beta 4:

11.0.20A5343i macOS Big Sur Beta 4

Both are the same code, except without the number "4" and on the public channel instead of the developer channel. Updates on the public channel will be less frequent.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 1

Spoiler

961659581_Screenshot2020-08-07at01_19_39.png.c0dd88ed2e823e483d22c9daa108cc9c.png

Curiosity got the better of me so I had to do it with a clean install from a created USB Drive - Don't see or expected any difference from Beta4 apart from the 'J' at the end of the version data, still contained the initial Preboot Named Disk and at reboot glitchy Startup Disk in System Preferences, so will see what future updates bring.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, markl18 said:

hi version 4 gets stuck on

forcing cs_runtime for entitelman: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-device

does any one has idea what it means

I think it stays like that for approx 5 minutes to seal the volume just leave it alone and look at the hard drive activity light to see if it is still busy writing to the disk.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I don't know about this release it takes 3 times  the amount of time to boot and then when something crashes it asks for analytics

Shouldn't take that long to boot mine boots in around 30 seconds from post BIOS Beep to desktop, something is seriously out of whack there on your system.

What funny is, I previously tried installing Beta 4 several times but got "Installer damaged" warning once "Install macOS" pushed. What I've done was going to Disk Utility, highlight "Base System && Shared Support" then press "First Aid" one by one and.. Voila :D Continue! (you can also try NVRAM reset alternatively, assummed that 12.33GB SharedSupport.dmg file is not corrupted LOL).

Malang-Corruption-Watch.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, rubenpp said:

BTW I'm using the latest --Premade EFI USB Installer Series 100/200/300/400-- based on OC 0.6.1 provided by MaLd0n that I modified for my existing hardware.

I  installed macOS Big Sur public beta ( 20A5343j ) using the same EFI I uploaded last night.

Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector  is set to "TRUE" setting it to "FALSE" resulted in KP

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.png

That's great :)

My EFI is also based on the OC 0.6.1. I'm so lucky with my setup because I don't have any booting issues if I set the Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector to TRUE or FALSE

Edited by Blu24
  • Like 1

Hi guys, its possible someone with Public Beta take a look (please) in /usr/lib/ and check if was contain a file called "libSystem.b.dyib" ?

BS beta 1 and 2 worked fine, bit 3 and 4 not have this files...

Thanks a lot...because my token not sign or recognize without this kexts...

Captura de Tela 2020-08-07 às 02.14.35.png

2 hours ago, Blu24 said:

That's great :)

My EFI is also based on the OC 0.6.1. I'm so lucky with my setup because I don't have any booting issues if I set the Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector to TRUE or FALSE

Thanks for the clarification ! :)  

I hope @DannyBoy gets his install working .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi guys, its possible someone with Public Beta take a look (please) in /usr/lib/ and check if was contain a file called "libSystem.b.dyib" ?

BS beta 1 and 2 worked fine, bit 3 and 4 not have this files...

Thanks a lot...because my token not sign or recognize without this kexts...

Captura de Tela 2020-08-07 às 02.14.35.png

Sorry I couldn't find the file in /usr/lib/ or anywhere else in the Mac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blu24 said:

Hi dannyboy9

I compiled a new EFI to try. Test it without changing the settings. let me know if it works.

Updated

*Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector set to "false"

*boot-args->agdpmod=pikera removed. Only to be used with 5700XT

OC 0.6.1

EFI.zip

Thanks for your efforts, but I'm still bogged down with the same error

20200807_141837-min.jpeg

25 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

Thanks for your efforts, but I'm still bogged down with the same error

20200807_141837-min.jpeg

Remove booter-fileset-kernel and booter-fileset-basesystem from NVRAM.