[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

@mnfesq Despite of the last commit, Clover is not ready yet for Big Sur. All my tests are unsucessed :cry:

I can boot from Big Sur Bootable USB Installer && macOS Install Data with Clover r5120, but I have KP issue with IOPCIFamily* (deps. AppleACPI, AppleSMC..) on unsupported Platform (Arrandale) using MBP12,1 SMBios which has no problem under Catalina 10.15.6. No booting issue with OpenCore either (Legacy), but exactly same KP.

Hi @fusion71au, any idea on this? I've also tried modifying BaseSystem.dmg with replacing com.apple.Boot.plist > Kernel Cache from Kernel*.kc to prelinkedkernel (10.16) and I believe BigSur loads this (as EB / Early Boot report no ERR). Or can you tell me how to decompress prelinkedkernel removing some stuffs on it?

Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

I try to install BigSur and fails here every time(beta1-4) after second boot

IMG_20200722_195944.thumb.jpg.2f0438b1a70c4dba921c4678144af769.jpg

OpenCore 0.6 and 0.6.1 same problem.My MB is gigabyte h97-d3h with intel i5 4690.

With Catalina works ok with the same opencore.

22 minutes ago, TasosM said:

J'essaye d'installer BigSur et échoue ici à chaque fois (beta1-4) après le deuxième démarrageimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

IMG_20200722_195944.thumb.jpg.2f0438b1a70c4dba921c4678144af769.jpg

OpenCore 0.6 et 0.6.1 même problème.Mon Mo est un gigaoctet h97-d3h avec Intel i5 4690.

Avec Catalina fonctionne bien avec le même opencore.

use my EFI OC 6.1 Haswell which is on the post you should be able to install!

5 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

nothing seem to worked. still stuck with that

please upload your EFI. I'll try and help you. remember to remove your SMBIOS info.

Is it for the Gigabyte Z390M or Z390 Designare?

Edited by Blu24

1 hour ago, PG7 said:

Thanks. I try with yours EFI but the same problem.

1 hour ago, PG7 said:

Thanks. I try with yours EFI but the same problem.

Edited by TasosM

To those of you running Big Sur on Intel 10th Gen (z490), can any of you get the system to boot without using Opencore->Kernel->Emulate->CPUID emulation? 

I can get Catalina 10.5.6 to boot without CPUID emulation, but Big Sur won't boot unless I enable emulation... using iMac19,1.

Also,

Is anyone else having issues with safari on Big Sur Beta4 with Javascript enabled? With javascript on, I can't access certain sites, like Apple.com, Facebook, Gmail, etc.  Very strange.

Edited by dehjomz
cosmetic readability purposes.

3 hours ago, aryaone said:

unfortunately I can't find the update to BS Beta 4 when running update from sys-pref, even if I already set swuswitcher.app to "developer program members". any suggestions to get the update through syspref?

Edited by Alex HQuest

Spoiler

@Alex HQuest Thank you so much for that info.

After I download the installer using the script. I had moved a copy to the applications folder and tried the update which caused the error that I reported earlier.

After I returned from work. I deleted the installer from the applications folder and started the App from the downloaded folder directly and the upgrade went smooth without any errors.

I am right now posting this from BS B4.

Not still sure what exactly changed between these two attempts of installation.

The copies of the Downloaded App remained the same except for the folder from where I started the upgrade.

My system is always connected to the internet through the LAN port, WiFi though working is currently disabled (can enable it when needed)

Anyway thanks to all who gave their valuable inputs.

• Like 1

Once Big Sur is installed and I reboot back to Catalina (Same SSD, different partition) the only folder I can see / mount from the Big Sur partition is one called "Update" is that normal?

Also, my en0 & en1 network Interfaces are reversed between Catalina & Big Sur has anyone else noticed that?

15 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

EFI.zip

z390m.

Hi dannyboy9

I compiled a new EFI to try. Test it without changing the settings. let me know if it works.

Updated

*Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector set to "false"

*boot-args->agdpmod=pikera removed. Only to be used with 5700XT

OC 0.6.1

EFI.zip

Edited by Blu24

To be quite honest I don't think there will be any difference from Developers Beta 4. I may test it on another disk to see if and what but at this moment curiosity is not pushing me enough. :)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Hi dannyboy9

I compiled a new EFI to try. Test it without changing the settings. let me know if it works.

EFI.zip

@Blu24 

Can you confirm enabling Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector was the only change.

Thanks 

54 minutes ago, rubenpp said:

@Blu24 

Can you confirm enabling Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector was the only change.

Thanks 

My mistake should be set to "false":dev:

I uploaded the correct EFI :angel:

Edited by Blu24

I found this article that may help with those trying to get Big Sur on Clover. http://www.hackintoshx86.com/index.php/clover-implementation-for-big-sur/.

I've just seen the Public Beta so I shall read some more and report back my progress. You can get OC Quirks AptioFix substitute here https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks/releases/tag/23

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

Ho trovato questo articolo che può aiutare con coloro che cercano di ottenere Big Sur su Clover. http://www.hackintoshx86.com/index.php/clover-implementation-for-big-sur/.

Ho appena visto la Beta pubblica, quindi leggerò un po 'di più e riferirò i miei progressi. Puoi ottenere il sostituto AptioFix di OC Quirks qui https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks/releases/tag/23

Godere

it seems better to drink at the source, than those who report second or third hand info ;)

https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?pageNo=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1