[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @fusion71au

I've a question: for Beta 3, I follow your instructions to remove Snapshot. The fact that Snapshot is removed, does it have to do with the fact that I cannot install only the Beta 4 update. Full installer is required by Software Updater on my Big Sur system.

Hide contents

1.thumb.jpg.e1bf54be2bae342eb73191661f0b6e57.jpg

I used @fusion71au method and no problem here

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

what am i possibly doing wrong. same efi folder worked for previous 3 beta versions

Just a opinion: Do you update bootloader, kexts, reset NVRAM ! 

@dannyboy9 - It is absolutely important that you're using the very latest OC build and kexts, if you're using the same Folder from previous 3 Betas, that suggests your EFI Folder and kexts perhaps needs updating. That is where I would look to solve your problem to start with.

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

@dannyboy9 - It is absolutely important that you're using the very latest OC build and kexts, if you're using the same Folder from previous 3 Betas, that suggests your EFI Folder and kexts perhaps needs updating. That is where I would look to solve your problem to start with.

that's the first thing I have done

13 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Just a opinion: Do you update bootloader, kexts, reset NVRAM ! 

bootloader and kexts everytime. nvram reset, just once till date

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

Ok well I could not get past that stage until I compiled all the components (OC and kexts) on my machine instead of the prebuilt ones.

PS you virtually have the same specs as my machine down to the power unit and NZXT cooler if it is the fist system in your profile, I could post my EFI Folder for you to try on a test USB Drive if you so wish.

Edited by eSaF

14 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

bootloader and kexts everytime. nvram reset, just once till date

@dannyboy9 Your config.plist is ready for OC 0.6.0 Release, I suppose !

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sbrillo said:

so, I updated to beta 4 without problem. 

Finally, I have some time to spend to getting work power management. Cpu temp are a little be lower than before (maybe because it's not hot outside like a week ago (40° C)).

So, I tried to follow the official guide to create my custom ssdt. Used cpufriendfriend command and insert the value of TDP-down frequency, 800mhz for my cpu, so 08 in hex. And this is what I've got and it's not similar to the guide. I have only one frequency. and this go from 000 mhz to 800 mhz. No other step.

What a strange problem. I checked, my ssdt-plug is enabled form config.plist and in place in folder. In ioReg I have "plugin-type 0x1".

Can you help me?

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 16.13.39.png

no one? 

Hi All users

OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported is always present with Big Sur Beta 4: I can boot the Recovery Partition. With the same EFI folder, the same ScanPolicy, I can boot Catalina Recovery Partition. Strange !

Any ideas. Please :)

Everything butter smooth on my dell, updated from the App like a Mac! just three reboots!

Things I noticed:

No more phantom GPU, it's gone! :D

Startup disk is working again (no flashing as some reported)

Youtube 4k works

Missing stuff for me:

despite I'm on iMacPro SMBios I got a glitchy screen on Netflix or AppleTV app (on Catalina this is fixed with shikigva, but it doesn't work on BS)

Do you guys know someway to fix DRM without using shikigva?

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 18.56.49.png

Edited by JahStories

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@eSaF BigSur is slowly winning me over now, I was well dubious about it at first but my mind is finally starting to change about how I feel about having MacIOS 11, I mean MacOS 11 :hysterical:

Welcome to the dark side Padawan feel the force it's within you. :hysterical:

• Haha 1

@PG7 - Holy mackerel son did they have big Type Fount Sale  around your side of a keyboard or is that the smallest they had on the shelf. :hysterical: Don't be offended just joking :lol: but try smaller type fount for future posts.

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

Maintenant, qu'en est-il en anglais?

Desole !!! 

BigSur beta 4 works on HP Envy Recline 23

i3-4130T

intel HD4400

16Go ram

256Go SSD

Opencore 6.1

Nvidia 830A disabled by DSDT

clean installation done on the EliteBook 820 G2 and then move the SSD to the All In One Envy

my problem is:

I create the installation pendrive and I can boot without problems, I install 1 part (14, 13, 12 minutes and restart) so far everything is OK

2 stage = I arrive at the part of the bar to load, the pointer starts to roll (mouse) then just restart and always this in all versions BIG SUR I don't understand why this error!

I leave my EFI OC 6.1 for those who need it and want to see it! Attention you don't have my DSDT just ready for boot and installation!

2 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

what am i possibly doing wrong. same efi folder worked for previous 3 beta versions

20200805_205854.jpeg

Exactly same here!

@Sbrillo I am not sure I got your question. If you are talking about your CPU not respecting PM or the likes, or if you are not seeing the PM states, look under X8PlatformPlugin (see example below). Your injection would be successful if the tables are listed over there. Now, if the tables are correct, that's a different story...

Spoiler

1836615183_ScreenShot2020-08-05at2_26_38PM.thumb.png.58e09758335875eac9e0e2c5f98faf8c.png

I downloaded Beta 4 again after confirming the error below doesn't happen when using Beta 3 to Create Install Media but I still get the error.

objc[4004]: Class IASNightInstallSupport is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IASUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IASUtilities (0x7fff8a6fa8e0) and /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAInstallerUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IAInstallerUtilities (0x109b5aac0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[4004]: Class IASSystemInformation is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IASUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IASUtilities (0x7fff8a6faa20) and /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAInstallerUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IAInstallerUtilities (0x109b5abd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

It is still creating the USB installer but not sure if its going to work?