[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I can't update Beta 3 to Beta 4 :cry: for my Z390 config.

Despite manually enrollment to DeveloperSeed Program, Software Update requires "Full Installer" but Beta 4 update is showing in details option :hysterical: Terminal command don't work: same issue.

How to solve this issue ? 

1.jpg

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

After some fixes - updates on opencore the Beta 4 is up and running on i9 10900 - 10th GEN.  :thumbsup_anim:

Reveal hidden contents

About_This_Mac.png.a6cd8a4e1102eb3e56eda6775af699b9.png

Can you send your EFI folder? I downloaded today Big Sur beta, but I don‘t know wich version. Version in info is 16.0.14 Is it beta 4?

5 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Matgen84 At this point personally I would do a clean install instead of trying to update over the previous Beta so that any misalignment from Beta3 won't be carried over to Beta4.

@eSaF I came to the same conclusion. I already did a clean install for Beta 3. Now it's the turn of beta 4: more than 5 hours because Big Sur is installed on external disk. :cry:

• Sad 2

@Matgen84 - Yea I did the update over Beta3 but also done a download of the complete app and made a USB installer to test a clean install on another ssd disk that I will HotPlug for the installation.

Wait a minute, did you say 5 hours to install on an external disk!!!!!!!! What or you installing on a pumpkin???? -  Why so long? :shock:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Matgen84 - Yea I did the update over Beta3 but also done a download of the complete app and made a USB installer to test a clean install on another ssd disk that I will HotPlug for the installation.

Wait a minute, did you say 5 hours to install on an external disk!!!!!!!! What or you installing on a pumpkin???? -  Why so long? :shock:

@eSaF Yes, 5 hours. Big Sur is installed on external mechanical disk (not SSD external) connected to USB3 port. The USB Installer too. I suppose the USB3 port isn't recognize like it should be. In realty, I don't know why it's so long. :bye:

Edited by Matgen84
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@eSaF I came to the same conclusion. I already did a clean install for Beta 3. Now it's the turn of beta 4: more than 5 hours because Big Sur is installed on external disk. :cry:

It took almost 3 hours installing Beta 1 with VMware, I also removed /Volumes/Update and the OS is still bootable. But weird was deleted Snapshot Volume with 'diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot <DiskIdentifier> --uuid <UUID>' is back once mach reboot.

Gonna try Beta 4 clean install, how big is it.. 16GB? LOL

BigSur-VMware.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@eSaF Yes, 5 hours. Big Sur is installed on external mechanical disk (not SSD external) connected to USB3 port. The USB Installer too. I suppose the USB3 port isn't recognize like it should be. In realty, I don't know why it's so long. :bye:

Try to disconnect your network when installing macOS (except you do Internet Recovery). At least, this slow the process down for me with VM.. not sure using real mach.

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Ok, 5 hours seems excessive to me even on an old fashion platter disk, I would have given up and gone home already. :lol: I am about to do a clean install on an external disk and will note any difference between that and an update over Beta3 also will note the time it took to install from start to finish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Try to disconnect your network when installing macOS (except you do Internet Recovery). At least, this slow the process down for me with VM.. not sure using real mach.

Thanks @Badruzeus  I use USB Installer as usual, to install on my external drive. No ethernet, no wifi. I configure wifi only when Big Sur ask to me.

Note: Full  Beta 4 = 11,4Go from Apple catalog (crazybirdy's script.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, chris1111 said:

IF Beta4 showing Preboot I will make a package dedicated only to this patch which will not install any files and which will correct it by restarting. The name will show me the Disk:hysterical:

@chris1111 hi,

Did clean installation Big Sur Beta 4. Startup disk is shown as Preboot. Same as Beta 3.

Edited by luky35
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, luky35 said:

chris1111 hi,

Did clean installation Big Sur Beta 4. Startup disk is shown as Preboot. Same as Beta 3.

Check in System Preferences/Startup Disk to see if BS is in the panel and if stable or glitching (Appearing and Disappearing) as reported by others including myself.

1 hour ago, corint1 said:

yes ...is your post little up ... and I ask from where download full installer to make an usb media installer 

These are the tools I used to download full app - with instructions to make USB installer - Read the Instructions carefully to d/load the correct OS X version as there will be multiple ones. Good luck

PS - You need to run the app in Terminal.

installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Error:

objc[789]: Class IASSystemInformation is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IASUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IASUtilities (0x7fff8c95fa20) and /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAInstallerUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IAInstallerUtilities (0x10c54bbd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

me too ... and I use other mode ... but usb was created and work ... 

EDIT : IS NOT WORKING ... say is not valid installer ...

Edited by corint1
edit

13 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

So, in attempting to create the USB install disk, I got this error, which I've never seen before (not with any USB install disk I've created, and that dates back quite a while).

NOTE:  I used installScript_1016fullapp.zip.

and it seemed to download just fine with no errors....

Code (which I've used many times before):

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app --nointeraction

Error:

"...objc[789]: Class IASSystemInformation is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IASUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IASUtilities (0x7fff8c95fa20) and /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAInstallerUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IAInstallerUtilities (0x10c54bbd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined..."

Anyone else get this error and have a workaround?

Hi use my script with full instructions that I posted