[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

I took an unorthodox approach and changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 instead of a iMac19,1. I do use an external video card and not the iGPU (this is known to be broken). I also had to fix all CPU PM via SSDTs. A lot of work, to be honest.

New Features in macOS Big Sur 11 beta 4
  • Support for 4K HDR playback of YouTube videos. (64824895)

No reference to 8K on release notes.

1100182332_2020-08-0502_08_41.png.5cb4e0b5d8bc8788831bb087595f71d7.png

• Like 5

The Preboot name will revert to what you named your disk after a few reboots, the Startup Disk glitching I also have that happening so later I will do a clean install to see if that makes a difference as I did an update over Beta3.

Is there a way to get around the error message: "Refusing to link non-prelinked kexts"?  That appears to be what stands in the way of my using the installation app to install Big Sur.  Unless I can get around that, I'm stuck building a USB installer and installing from outside of my BS installation.

Update from B3 to B4 was smooth I guess, I removed vsmcgen boot flag after updating kexts and OC to 0.6.1 set the update to download, went to Bunnings, came home and it was done

Lid sleep still not working, neither is “lower brightness on battery”. Haven’t check startup disk or volume name yet.

And I have just noticed I have an EC and a EC0 device in ioreg. Could this cause issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up, 

https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ has been updated to check OC 0.6.0 sanity for Big Sur. However after editing config.plist using Plist Editor Pro or Xcode to remove all errors, make sure you don’t open the same file in OpenCore Configurator. It properly f***s the file and adds/removes entries. 
You have been warned. 

PS: The update from Beta 3 to Beta 4 went a bit too smooth for my liking. Kept wondering if God had positioned himself inside my PC case.

Edited by d5aqoep
  • Haha 1