[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

BS disk is now showing in Startup Disk so that is one bug that was fixed. I am still looking to see the changes in this Beta.

Named disk reverted to Preboot maybe will change like before after a few reboots :unsure:

Spoiler

28069888_Screenshot2020-08-04at22_56_42.png.aa8c36dc66abfcc1184a9553a2e63913.png

Edited by eSaF
Add more info
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Updated from inbuilt installer, took approx 45 minutes and 4 reboots and without previous boot-args.

Reveal hidden contents

321411123_Screenshot2020-08-04at22_43_11.png.f1a6c8fe27d3fc00415f17ff971dfb96.png

Dumbe question, does that mean no boot-args or just removed vsmgen=1?

13 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

@dehjomz 0x00000000

@eSaF sing with me: “Hello ‘preboot’ my old friend... I come to talk with you again...” :hysterical:

Just done a reboot and the Name Big Sur is back in boot menu so Yah Boo Suck to you my friend. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Big Sur beta 4. can't play youtube with safari. Anyone having the same issues?

No problem here, but in System Preferences the Startup Disk is glitching between Windows and BS whereas initially it was stable just after the update - I will download Beta4 and do a vanilla install from a USB Drive tomorrow just to clear the pipes out so to speak.

36 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Big Sur beta 4. can't play youtube with safari. Anyone having the same issues?

Me. Netflix works, Amazon Video works, Apple TV+ works, YouTube freezes. No idea why - might be a hack they are using to push users towards Chrome and it is broken on newest Safari build... Or could it be because I do not have a 4k/5k screen on my "iMacPro"?

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Me. Netflix works, Amazon Video works, Apple TV+ works, YouTube freezes. No idea why - might be a hack they are using to push users towards Chrome and it is broken on newest Safari build... Or could it be because I do not have a 4k/5k screen on my "iMacPro"?

I have a LG HDR 4K Display

5 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

I have an LG HDR 4K Display

big sur beta 4 installed fine, still no Big Sur in picker built in just the name of the nvme drive, anyone had luck with kext loading? I can go though the kext install with hackintool but although it place the kext in OC kext folder it doesnt appear loaded in hackintool?

for me kext is only able to be loaded at a fresh install

Smoothest update of the summer... 3-4 reboots, using pre-release opencore 0.6.0 and kexts (built prior to opencore 0.6.0 release).  Running smooth on my Comet Lake.

Best of all, first update of the summer where my Aquantia 10 gbps pcie card FIRES ON!! Still using the patch from Beta3...

BigSurBeta4Screenshot.png

Edited by dehjomz
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Hello,

When you say Netflix, etc. works, is that in Safari?

Might I ask how'd you get DRM to work? Netflix, AppleTV etc doesn't work for me... Is it in the boot-args?

Thanks.

someone has encountered this bug??? from other hacks I can access the shared folders in the big sur of the Z370 and T-RyZo
from big sur I can surf the web, but I can't access any PC/hack/NAS that are in the local LAN

Edited by iCanaro

2 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

Hello,

When you say Netflix, etc. works, is that in Safari?

Might I ask how'd you get DRM to work? Netflix, AppleTV etc doesn't work for me... Is it in the boot-args?

Thanks.

I took an unorthodox approach and changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 instead of a iMac19,1. I do use an external video card and not the iGPU (this is known to be broken). I also had to fix all CPU PM via SSDTs. A lot of work, to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

New Features in macOS Big Sur 11 beta 4
  • Support for 4K HDR playback of YouTube videos. (64824895)

No reference to 8K on release notes.

16 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Different people, different problems, YouTube is working for me so far but we will see.

I navigated back and forth a couple times, video is playing... but I cannot switch them to another mode (theatre or full screen) without it crapping and doing the same over and over. Annoying beta 4 wins the beta competition (so far...)

• Like 2