[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@dzontra - Are you asking about Catalina desktop pic showing instead of one for Big Sur and the lack of Big Sur disk not showing in Startup Disk? The Desktop Pic is a Bug on some machines including some genuine Macs and the lack of a BS startup disk is a bug on hackintosh machines. If you look in the 'Feedback Assistant' you will see all the bugs that has been fixed with this latest Beta and the ones that hasn't but with provided work arounds.

Im asking about that flickering part (if you watch the clip, you'll see)

17 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I think with the latest Lilu build it was resolved I was able too boot into the installer and the installed version of Big Sur without the vsmcgen=1. Haven't tested the recovery though.

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.21.58 PM.png

Yup, it's fixed. Just tested. Recovery too

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I think with the latest Lilu build it was resolved I was able too boot into the installer and the installed version of Big Sur without the vsmcgen=1. Haven't tested the recovery though.

Reveal hidden contents

Hi @Cyberdevs

Despite APFS settings in OC config.plist, I can't boot into BS Beta 3 Recovery Partition. :cry:

Always:

OCB: LoadImage failed = Not Found

Halting on critical error 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi there, yeah I have the same issue with Big Sur's recovery partition :(

I post the wrong error message for BS Recovery Partition issue: :(

ocb: loadimage failed - unsupported

Halting on critical error

1 hour ago, Sbrillo said:

thank you!. It's so kind of you. I noticed slightly different on some quirks. But nothing change. Freq seems still a bit high. For the temperature, nothing change.

Can you please share your efi folder to see if I miss something? Maybe some drivers, or a table ACPI. I don't know.  

Here a screen from intel power gadget with the last changes made from your config.plist

1649943285_Schermata2020-07-27alle18_12_40.thumb.png.dc23c425c3c524fd48b4bdc46ab76ce6.png

create an SSDT for the custom PM for your CPU

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Nope!!! even with the Lilu version posted here I still need vsmgen=1 in boot-args to boot. Actually the only thing that is bugging me right now is the lack of BS showing in Startup Disk, all else is perfect as much as this Beta3 allows.

Just now, markl18 said:

should I try the same

Well I guess if you do a clean install that would be the easiest way to resolve the issue, but even if the same thing happens after a clean install so there must be a misconfiguration in your EFI folder so I guess it's up to you.

If I understood correctly you didn't have this issue with DP2 correct? so if that happens on DP 3 and after the update I think the update process didn't go quite well.

26 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

create an SSDT for the custom PM for your CPU

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

I was going to suggest the same. Seems people forget the SMBIOS of a particular model only carries the tables of the hardware they are supported; anything deviating from their standard hardware has to be manually added, as a kext, SSDT table or hot patch.

Also, yes, my system was sort of busy during that screen capture. It runs as low as sub 2GHz  and under 30C most of the time though.

Spoiler

998648645_ScreenShot2020-07-27at1_55_57PM.thumb.png.94989b58d4a225004c0516cfaa03da29.png

I think with the latest Lilu build it was resolved I was able too boot into the installer and the installed version of Big Sur Beta 3 without the vsmcgen=1. Haven't tested the recovery though.

Spoiler 1759759838_ScreenShot2020-07-27at9_21_58PM.thumb.png.2e51360ad350c9bec9507ca08d555a45.png

thank you

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I think with the latest Lilu build it was resolved I was able too boot into the installer and the installed version of Big Sur Beta 3 without the vsmcgen=1. Haven't tested the recovery though.

Reveal hidden contents

Did not worked for me. Updated to latest sources from GitHub, got stuck during the boot, restarted, cleared NVRAM, retried, got stuck at the same stage. I'm still required to use vsmcgen=1.

• Like 1

@Alex HQuest - I'd be interesting to see what your temps are at idle because quite frankly seems a little hot but if the rig was under load, it's understandable.

2 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Did not worked for me. Updated to latest sources from GitHub, got stuck during the boot, restarted, cleared NVRAM, retried, got stuck at the same stage. I'm still required to use vsmcgen=1.

Same here

Edited by eSaF

2 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

try this one, I just compiled it it's a latest version.

Lilu.kext.zip

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

try this one, I just compiled it it's a latest version.

Lilu.kext.zip

No go - whether it's this version or that version, I still need vsmcgen=1. so time for me to stop pulling at that particular thread :)

• Confused 1

Very proud to announce I was able to boot macOS Big Sur Beta3 to my Dell Optiplex 790 in Legacy Mode (DUET) Working marvelously well

it was the last system I had left to complete with BigSur :thumbsup_anim:

I never see Dell Optiplex 790 with OpenCore even less on Big Sur :hysterical::D

See spoiler

This is my EFI Partition and the boot BS USB Installer

Spoiler

304231134_Capturedcranle2020-07-2714_43_05.png.a92bd97371b4c571999313c54354d80a.png

IMG_2288.thumb.jpeg.64928dbb1bc0874dcc641626c9056d32.jpeg

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4

Reveal hidden contents

Thank for the info.  My system boots now without vsmcgen=1 with the latest Lilu build.

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Very proud to announce I was able to boot macOS Big Sur Beta3 to my Dell Optiplex 790 in Legacy Mode (DUET) Working marvelously well

it was the last system I had left to complete with BigSur :thumbsup_anim:

I never see Dell Optiplex 790 with OpenCore even less on Big Sur :hysterical::D

See spoiler

This is my EFI Partition and the boot BS USB Installer

Hide contents

304231134_Capturedcranle2020-07-2714_43_05.png.a92bd97371b4c571999313c54354d80a.png

IMG_2288.thumb.jpeg.64928dbb1bc0874dcc641626c9056d32.jpeg

Nice!! would you mind sharing your EFI? Thanks.

• Like 1

Well I guess if you do a clean install that would be the easiest way to resolve the issue, but even if the same thing happens after a clean install so there must be a misconfiguration in your EFI folder so I guess it's up to you.

If I understood correctly you didn't have this issue with DP2 correct? so if that happens on DP 3 and after the update I think the update process didn't go quite well.

exactly I installed directly from usb . it rebooted 5 times and that was it then coudnt update until some one told me about SIP

and that's where we are an no I can't log in even -x mode

40 minutes ago, eSaF said:

No go - whether it's this version or that version, I still need vsmcgen=1. so time for me to stop pulling at that particular thread :)

I think you need to update the OC and the drivers as well, here's what happens, with the latest build of OC and the Kexts there is no need for vsmcgen=1 but if you use an older version of the OC and the kexts it will get stuck at boot.

Here is my latest OC folder and the updated kext. You might need to remove the SSDTs and reconfigure the kexts. 

Haswell Last update.zip

18 minutes ago, markl18 said:

exactly I installed directly from usb . it rebooted 5 times and that was it then coudnt update until some one told me about SIP

and that's where we are an no I can't log in even -x mode

if you clean installed the DP3 why did you needed to install the update? I guess you installed the DP2 and then updated to DP3 and now it ended up in the current situation, am I correct?

• Thanks 1