[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jlrycm said:

For those trying to boot beta 10 in a build similar to mine in clover:

24176A65-8986-4468-ADF4-4776A228CECD.jpeg
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/c8bf19dc807548ba938a1e67a014531d647355b6

Can you clarify it? I'm using 0.6.2 and everything is still ok with beta 10. Do I need to upgrade to 0.6.3 or not ?

• Like 1

Spoiler
   11 hours ago,  jlrycm said: 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/c8bf19dc807548ba938a1e67a014531d647355b6

Can you clarify it? I'm using 0.6.2 and everything is still ok with beta 10. Do I need to upgrade to 0.6.3 or not ?

@galile7621, this message was intended for colleagues trying to boot Beta 10 using Clover, not OpenCore.

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fabiosun said:

For all AMD users 

in my plist fixPAT is disabled because trx40 does not need it

You may have to use it and find the new one which solve gpu performance problem

Fix PAT patch has been fixed and are is on the AMD OS X GitHub repo. It allows for 100% GPU performance now.

35 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Yep. Disable in safari, developers menu - VP9 related stuff.

hmm.. interesting. Doing a clean install now, I wonder if it'll work or not. 

EDIT: oh you disabled the VP9? It's enabled by default. VP9 sw encode on battery is the one that disabled. It's working when I disabling VP9, but then the quality is bad and only 1080p. 

Edited by kushwavez

6 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi guys, just for curiosity, which is the first big sur beta to drop support for kernelcaches? And also im trying to boot it with clover r5124 without any luck, i got the can't perform kext scan summary kernel panic, any help with that?

Could you post your EFI folder?

• Like 1

Sorry mates, about this 

its Surely OT, BUT

I'm a bit confused right now,

and something really feels wrong reading these latest posts...

since Haswell processors Never had any support for HEVC, how can it possibly enable a function it is not even aware?

Can't seem to clearly process those infos right now... should I be glad or should i be scared by this new Clover magical power? :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

Sorry mates, about this 

its Surely OT, BUT

I'm a bit confused right now,

and something really feels wrong reading these latest posts...

since Haswell processors Never had any support for HEVC, how can it possibly enable a function it is not even aware?

Can't seem to clearly process those infos right now... should I be glad or should i be scared by this new Clover magical power? :)

that’s because @pico joe’s VideoProc picture and the other users VideoProc picture shows AMD RX encode/decode, that’s supports HEVC. Haswell never supported HEVC and is never gonna be supported on them. HEVC is only supported from Skylake. 

I think @ludox posted a HD4400 VideoProc picture, that shows H.264 encode/decode only, that’s the right one. 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:26 PM, jlrycm said:

100% false.

Since slide has always been an intermittent issue this may or may not be a problem for some.

In any case, B10 works just fine without his commit.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:40 AM, eSaF said:

Insure Security/SecureBootModel is set to Disabled, SIP is fully enabled, clean NVRAM and try again. Good luck.

SIP enabled or disabled is irrelevant here. The culprit is having SecureBootModel enabled and a dirty NVRAM. You can update with or without SIP in any state. Just FYI.

Edited by Tiem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiem said:

100% false.

Since slide has always been an intermittent issue this may or may not be a problem for some.

SIP enabled or disabled is irrelevant here. The culprit is having SecureBootModel enabled and a dirty NVRAM. You can update with or without SIP in any state. Just FYI.

I second that. I have SIP disabled and I’ve been updating without issues. Only a first aid was needed between b9 and b10

Edited by WizeMan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tiem said:

100% false.

Hi @Tiem, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. Quick question: I’ve been booting my system using iMac 15,1 which is the closest to my build specs (in my signature). In that case, SecureBootModel should be “Default”? Is it “Default” ok as long as we are loading all hackintosh related kexts from EFI instead of S/L/E or L/E?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WizeMan said:

I second that. I have SIP disabled and I’ve been updating without issues. Only a first aid was needed between b9 and b10

@WizeMan, in my case I had to set  csr-active-config as enabled in config file and also enable SIP in Terminal in order to apply incremental updates in Big Sur as opposed to having to download and run the 12GB installer every time a new beta was released.

Just now, jlrycm said:

@WizeMan, in my case I had to set  csr-active-config as enabled in config file and also enable SIP in Terminal in order to apply incremental updates in Big Sur as opposed to having to download and run the 12GB installer every time a new beta was released.

I have SecureBootModel set to disabled and SIP disabled. Apart from having to run a first aid on my disk (thanks to @eSaF for the help here) to get OTA from beta 9 to 10, I didn’t need to change anything else to get incremental updates since the very first beta of Big Sur

• Like 4

I did the test on my Acer e1 notebook in signature, to check if the hdmi video and audio output worked in the TV
The video output works but the hdmi audio is missing, with big sur, while with Catalina it works.
Does it work for you?
Some suggestions to enable it obviously with the Clover
Thank you