[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

I said I don't believe you, not that you're lying ... and I was referring strictly to the clover ... let's see what we can do and not get annoyed in vain ... you shared an OC config file and no of clover as I think everyone expected ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ludox said:
use done this config .. remove or insert what you need for your hardware configuration and test .. and let me know opencore 6.2

config.plist.zip

Thanks for that, unfortunately exactly the same with your config.plist. No new updates in Software Update, with Utility it's downloading 12 GB. (NVRAM is reseted again). Anyway no problem, I have time.

Interesting: Yesterday I updated my 3 systems from Beta 6 to 9 without any issues/changes with SIP enabled (Clover v5124)

Ok let's take the heat out of the Thread, I think because we are all of different languages, our choice of words in translation may come across unintentionally abrasive to others which maybe looked upon as unfriendly to the original poster I am sure no malice was intended.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here's how: 

Spoiler

1313036666_CapturadeTela2020-10-15s08_16_51.png.eae3b7118a53862e5ee850ab149b4a77.png

See if "authenticated-root" is active
My config.plist with the key "SecureBootModel = Disable"
SIP: 67000000
OpenCore 0.6.2 shows 3.82GB and the update was made without error
In Clover 5124 the SIP is at 0x67, and it gives me the same status as the SIP in the terminal
But as Clover doesn't have the "SecureBootModel" key it shows me more than 12GB of download

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

Here's how: 

Reveal hidden contents

1313036666_CapturadeTela2020-10-15s08_16_51.png.eae3b7118a53862e5ee850ab149b4a77.png

See if "authenticated-root" is active
My config.plist with the key "SecureBootModel = Disable"
SIP: 67000000
OpenCore 0.6.2 shows 3.82GB and the update was made without error
In Clover 5124 the SIP is at 0x67, and it gives me the same status as the SIP in the terminal
But as Clover doesn't have the "SecureBootModel" key it shows me more than 12GB of download

on Clover to disable auth-root boot with CsrActiveConfig=0xFFF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ludox said:
Solution since had the same problem to upgrade from 9 to 10
Since clover was unable to download the 4gb 10 and returned me to 12gb here's what I did:

1-I temporarily booted with Opencore 6.2 with all upgrading kexts on a USB stick
2- 4gb detection in normal download
3-After the first reboot, restart with the Clover 5124 until the update installation is complete.
4- Starting with normal Clover 5124 BG beta 10, all perfectly working.

Here is the proof of the final result of my above procedure

Schermata 2020-10-15 alle 14.54.34.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Updated both my PCs in the sig to Beta 10. Following things are crucial:

1. SecureBootModel = Disable in config.plist. You can use and Plist Editor or even OpenCore Configurator for it
  2. Update to latest OpenCore 0.6.3 from dropdown list here
  3. Update to latest Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC and VirtualSMC kexts from link above

Installer was glitching out, failing 1st time and Z390 one which was OTA updated from Beta 1 continuously. After update to beta 10 midway, OpenCore lost boot menu. :lol:

Did a fresh install of Beta 9 and then the update to Beta 10 went smooth. Too much drama.

Edited by d5aqoep
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ludox said:
Here is the proof of the final result of my above procedure

sorry ... 

yes ...you have right ...clover 5124 boot on beta 10 ... but , can you help me with voodooIC2 ? ... on this version clover dont load voodooInput.kext ...from any place ... thank you ...

Edited by corint1

19 minutes ago, corint1 said:

sorry ... 

yes ...you have right ...clover 5124 boot on beta 10 ... but , can you help me with voodooIC2 ? ... on this version clover dont load voodooInput.kext ...from any place ... thank you ...

I try, attach your clover efi if you use it for Big Sur, and opencore

22 minutes ago, ludox said:
i removed the voodoo kexts i added other options and drives try like that (clover)

bad luck ... KP ... right after boot .... I'm sad, even though I'm a fan of clover, but I think I'll have to go to OC forever ... even though I have sleep problems with OC ... will restart with KP or only KP .... or do not go to sleep ... and the battery will discharge ...

7 minutes ago, corint1 said:

even though I have sleep problems with OC

Could be a USB port remaining opened that is causing sleep problem - did you map your USB ports or are you using the USBInjectAll.kext?

To clarify
The procedure I did is on the ASUS Z87 plus in signature, as can be seen in the photos.
Tonight I update the Acer E1 notebook in signature, it may be that the above procedure is not good for it, or just the configuration it already has for the beta 9 and it works, or if there are problems I will have to proceed differently ..
This I will find out later.

51 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I made a new EFI 0.6.3. I had to enable SIP. (Couldn't up date if disabled) SecureBootMode set to disabled

That is also a finding on my machine. With SIP totally enabled and SecureBootMode set to Disabled was the only way to get the latest update so that is a thought going forward unless the OC Devs and/or Apple change up the game with the next update. :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Could be a USB port remaining opened that is causing sleep problem - did you map your USB ports or are you using the USBInjectAll.kext?

I tried both options ... with USBInjectAll and a kext generated with the Hackintool application, in which I deleted all inactive ports ... how else can I generate a kext? ... can it be from ssd? I use a toshiba ssd ... I tried all the hibernate modes 0, 3, 25 ... the same thing ... random kp or battery discharge ...

9 minutes ago, ludox said:

Tonight I update the Acer E1 notebook in signature, it may be that the above procedure is not good for it, or just the configuration it already has for the beta 9 and it works, or if there are problems I will have to proceed differently ..
This I will find out later.

do not use for trackpad voodooI2C ?