[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

With Clover_OC Integration, need to delete HS80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IO80211NetBooter.kext to fix this problem.

No such issue when using HS80211Family.kext with OC 0.6.2 and Big Sur (unless you add the plugin kext to config.plist/Kernel/Add and enable its loading). 

Perfect, today I'll do this test directly with the new version of the Clover 5124, I'll see what happens ..

For those interested and do not know Clover now has OpenCore integration and can boot Big Sur and below. Please make sure you check out the sample config and adjust your own accordingly and make a backup USB or test via USB first, also there are EFI folders posted for reference in the clover general discussion thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

I already tested Clover v5123 with my build, GA-Z97-HD3 with dGPU RX-580 and I was able to boot in Big Sur beta 9 without major issues. Just made sure that I checked the quirks recommended in Dortania for Hasswell, setting up the device properties for wifi card (Broadcom combo card 4331) in config plist file and uploading the Kexts (compiled latest kext build) and drivers required in my case.

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

For those interested and do not know Clover now has OpenCore integration and can boot Big Sur and below. Please make sure you check out the sample config and adjust your own accordingly and make a backup USB or test via USB first, also there are EFI folders posted for reference in the clover general discussion thread.

For those of you like me who could not boot to Big Sur without using VoodooI2C.kext to make AHCI work right, know that VoodooI2C.kext did not work for me using the new Clover/OC mashup.  Instead, I switched to CtInaAHCIPort.kext.  That worked fine.

10 hours ago, ludox said:

Perfeito, hoje vou fazer esse teste direto com a nova versão do Clover 5124, vou ver o que acontece ..

can help me to work BCM4322 on bigsur, I have opencore 0.6.3 and Clover 5123 none goes up with the kext io80211 and neither the ones 
I downloaded here. KP using io80211

Acer i5 4200 E1-572

3 minutes ago, taga said:

can help me to work BCM4322 on bigsur, I have opencore 0.6.3 and Clover 5123 none goes up with the kext io80211 and neither the ones 
I downloaded here. KP using io80211

Acer i5 4200 E1-572

Does WiFi work with Catalina?

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but her it goes...

I changed my motherboard to an Asus TUF Z390M Gaming Pro and now i have some problems that i don't know how to solve

At boot the OpenCore icon is bigger and all stretched out...

It sleeps but at the wakeup the screen turns green and flickers during a couple of seconds...

Anyone have an Intel power gadget that works with Big Sur?

Thanks 

PS: How do i turn of the OpenCore logs?

config.plist.zip

Edited by MorenoAv

35 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

HI all good morning,

My UiScale is already 01, and the result is the same, enormous icons and text at startup...

Thanks anyway 

Captura de ecrã 2020-10-14, às 08.46.58.png

Hi and top of the morning to you as well, I think the poster was advising to try changing the UIScale to 02 and see if it makes a difference. Good luck.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MorenoAv - This config.plist OC 0.6.2 is courtesy of pastrychef in his build on the same board. Have a look and do a comparison to your own, maybe it might help to solve the graphics problem, if you need the complete EFI Folder you can use Google or I can upload it for you with all credits to pastrychef, hope he doesn't mind. Good luck.

config.plist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Thank you @eSaF, I'll compare them and make the corrections necessary...

Do you happen to know how to disable the OpenCore logs? they grow like rabbits in my EFI... LoL

@MorenoAv look at the screenshot posted before my answer.
In your config.plist - Go to Misc --> Debug --> Target - the number here indicate the logging level. Change this to 0 to specify no logs will be created. I hope this help :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1