[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Slice said:

Not sure if OpenCore has the patch for firewire present in Clover.

Don't think a patch is required because PCIe - card (TI) is shown in system profiler, a connected device as well.

With Catalina it's perfectly working, device is accessible but Big Sur fails.

I can now confirm the command:

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munki/macadmin-scripts/main/installinstallmacos.py && sudo /usr/bin/python installinstallmacos.py --raw --seedprogram DeveloperSeed

worked fine for me, as well as going from DB6 (which I had) to latest DB9 (which the download via this command gave me). :)
I am still getting freezes with high CPU usage on doing certain actions, such as minimize any window.

I will try to get help with this in the Visualization section.

(As I am using Windows 10 OS with VMware Workstation 15.5.6 on it+macOS Unlocker, and the macOS Big Sur Beta is running in that, not on a real Mac or real PC. :) 

Edited by Naki
  • Like 1

For what is worth:

macOS Big Sur 11 Beta 9 Release Notes

Note:  A full installer for the 20A5384c build has now been posted. It will show as available in Software Update on machines running previous seed builds, or starting from macOS Catalina or an earlier version of macOS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The big sur started with the best impressions and now it has become worse than catalina ..

I can not expect anything impressive anymore from Apple.

I believe that it will break Catalina's record in the lowest scores on Applestore. :mad:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

@Naki here this is by me Number 10... see Picture.

Thanks @AlfredoM

I verify, Developer Beta 9 and last Public Beta have the same Build number version: 20A5384c :) So there are no difference between the two channels before Golden Master and Release.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2020 at 1:02 PM, lahana1 said:

hi i'm not working on HEVC beta 9. Netflix keeps giving error S7706. I tried the solution suggested by Netflix but it didn't work.

I'm sharing my EFI folder. Where am I going wrong?

• Processor: Intel Core i5 9600K
  • Graphics Card: Sapphire RX580 4 Gb
  • Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370-HD3
  • RAM: 24 GB 3000 MHz DDR4
  • SSD: Samsung Evo 970 Plus
  • Wifi : Broadcom BCM94360 1750 Mbps 802.11ac

EFI.zip

Here's my config.plist from my Hackintosh 1. Very similar specs to your system and I've got Netflix and HEVC working.

I've removed serial numbers etc. Seems to work best with all 3 sections, DataHub, Generic & PlatformNVRAM,  in PlatformInfo populated.  I'm running the latest OpenCore 0.6.2

config.plist

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 10.16.22.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Montblanc said:

Here's my config.plist from my Hackintosh 1. Very similar specs to your system and I've got Netflix and HEVC working.

I've removed serial numbers etc. Seems to work best with all 3 sections, DataHub, Generic & PlatformNVRAM,  in PlatformInfo populated.  I'm running the latest OpenCore 0.6.2

config.plist

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 10.16.22.png

It did not work with config.

Edited by lahana1

Did anyone have problem with a Skylake Intel 100 Series notebook? (Acer Aspire V5-591G, i5-6300HQ, Wifi is BCM94352Z, without AirPortBrcmFixup)

When booting the USB (Big Sur Beta 9 with latest Clover) it says:

IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0], (240s): ‘PXSX’

First I thought it’s because the SATA controller is unsupported, however I see on the picture that my internal SSD was mounted. anyway, SATA controller is: 8086:a103, using CtlnaAHCIPort.kext for that on Catalina, without that I have “Still waiting for root device” stall

My configuration is perfectly working on Catalina. 

Spoiler

0956328A-0303-4B29-82EE-BC2E5037EEAA.thumb.jpeg.6ec1e53d985ee435f22768c2a4d4b6fc.jpeg

Edited by kushwavez
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Reveal hidden contents

0956328A-0303-4B29-82EE-BC2E5037EEAA.thumb.jpeg.6ec1e53d985ee435f22768c2a4d4b6fc.jpeg

I don't know and I maybe absolutely wrong here, but I feel it is so wrong to use the term - 'it is working fine on Catalina' or 'I have no problem with Catalina' when comparing BS with it's predecessors. BS is constructed completely different from past OS X versions even though the APFS is the same. One of the major difference is the Sealed volume of BS, if all things were equal Clover Boot Loader would not have such a difficult time booting and installing BS, but I am opened to be shot down with my assumption. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Did anyone have problem with a Skylake Intel 100 Series notebook? (Acer Aspire V5-591G, i5-6300HQ, Wifi is BCM94352Z, without AirPortBrcmFixup)

First I thought it’s because the SATA controller is unsupported, however I see on the picture that my internal SSD was mounted. anyway, SATA controller is: 8086:a103, using CtlnaAHCIPort.kext for that on Catalina, without that I have “Still waiting for root device” stall

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20201006_233939.thumb.jpg.3ad03f30bcddb56faebebc65fce067e2.jpg

hi. anyway, I got this screen) latest Clover and Catalina/Big Sur Beta2 working EFI
PS: used your tip about CtlnaAHCIPort.kext

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I don't know and I maybe absolutely wrong here, but I feel it is so wrong to use the term - 'it is working fine on Catalina' or 'I have no problem with Catalina' when comparing BS with it's predecessors. BS is constructed completely different from past OS X versions even though the APFS is the same. One of the major difference is the Sealed volume of BS, if all things were equal Clover Boot Loader would not have such a difficult time booting and installing BS, but I am opened to be shot down with my assumption. :lol:

of course they are different, I know that.

Since Mojave my 3 PCs works very natively and I perfected my EFIs on my them. Today I updated my whole EFI on my every systems and tried the Beta 9 every one of them, just to confirm that it's not a misconfigured config.plist or a bad SSDT/DSDT patch. 

Conclusion: 

- On my Skylake PC: no problem at all, Big Sur Installer is booting without any problem with just updated CLOVERX64.efi, Quirks and OpenRuntime.efi

- On my Skylake Notebook: Stalling at PXSX, searched a lot of page for that, someone mentioned that it's because the AirPortBrcmFixup.kext, you have to modify and remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from inside that kext (well, acidanthera did). But I don't have that, so I still have to dig into that problem if I have some time. I know that my 100 Series chipset is unsupported so maybe that's the problem. But then why is my SSD was mounting? Little bit confusing.

- On my Haswell notebook: Originally I had OpenCore on it but I wanted to try Clover on it because multi-booting on that is so much easier. I had some problems with the iGPU but it's just because I was dumb and forgot to add FakeID for the HD 4400, now it's working fine.

• Like 1

@kushwavez - Ok so you know they are different but we still haven't negated the use of the phase  - 'It is/was working fine on Catalina' - so in my estimation if you knew, it mutes that argument but hey no sweat as I said I am open to be shot down with my assumption and that happens quite a lot.:hysterical: PEACE.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@kushwavez - Ok so you know they are different but we still haven't negated the use of the phase  - 'It is/was working fine on Catalina' - so in my estimation if you knew, it mutes that argument but hey no sweat as I said I am open to be shot down with my assumption and that happens quite a lot.:hysterical: PEACE.

Okay, how you explain that my working EFI from Big Sur beta 2 are not working with Big Sur beta 9 :hysterical:

Many people have success already with latest Clover)

Cheers

15 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Okay, how you explain that my working EFI from Big Sur beta 2 are not working with Big Sur beta 9 :hysterical:

Many people have success already with latest Clover)

Cheers

That my friend I cannot answer because I left Clover behind as soon I learnt the full rudiments of Opencore and haven't looked back since. I am not knocking Clover as I used it after ditching Chameleon many moons ago. I just find the purity of OC more closer to OS X and that is my personal take.

PS. A thought, I think at times we tend to forget that both OC and BS are still evolving Betas and consequently we will get glitches from Beta to Beta as changes are made, again just my two cents.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Reveal hidden contents

Finally I figured it out. I looked up what is PXSX in IOReg, it's my Realtek ethernet card and my Wifi, but I noticed that FakePCIID is attaching to PXSX. Then I remembered that long time ago I used FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for my BCM94352Z, but since there is AirportBrcmFixup I don't need that (idk why I kept using it). After deleting FakePCIID Beta 9 booted in a flash. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Can you elaborate, please!

Yes how do I finish testing, currently it has been tested with beta 6, now I'm updating with beta 9, I hope it works too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

Good morning,
has anyone tried if it works with the big sur as promised ?

https://www.donemax.com/mac-disk-clone/how-to-clone-hard-drive-on-macos-big-sur.html

and if we now another carbon copy alternative I'm interested.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, macinsane said:

As long as it is not bootable, it is no alternative, at least not for me ;)

For now with the latest beta of Big Sur,  Apple's APFS replication utility is not working correctly with the Signed System Volume. As a result, ASR-created copies of the System volume are not bootable. Apple was not able to resolve that before shipping Big Sur, but CCC is working with Apple to resolve these issues. 

In the interim, you can install macOS Big Sur onto your APFS-formatted CCC backup volume if you would like to make it bootable.