Thank you

Config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67

14 hours ago, pico joe said:

Hi @fusion71au any clue ?

Reveal hidden contents

Finding available software
Downloading macOS Big Sur Beta 9
Downloading: 100.00%
Failed to download & prepare update: Error Domain=SUMacControllerError Code=7740 "[SUMacControllerErrorPrepareFailed=7740] Failed to perform Prepare operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_FILESYSTEM_DOESNT_VERIFY(3)_1_MobileSoftwareUpdateBOMErrorDomain:1|FullReplacementRequired|]" UserInfo={SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsSummary=|FullReplacementRequired|, SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsMask=2, SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsDescription=-> Full replacement is required [as opposed to incremental patch]., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9ac6522530 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain Code=3 "'./System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist' did not verify and is not on the exception list." UserInfo={target_update=20A5384c, NSLocalizedDescription='./System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist' did not verify and is not on the exception list., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9ac65225d0 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateBOMErrorDomain Code=1 "contents of '/System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist' don't match bom (91a3b651 vs e22a05be)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=contents of '/System/Volumes/Update/mnt1/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist' don't match bom (91a3b651 vs e22a05be)}}, MSUFullReplacementRecommened=true}}, NSDebugDescription=[SUMacControllerErrorPrepareFailed=7740] Failed to perform Prepare operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_FILESYSTEM_DOESNT_VERIFY(3)_1_MobileSoftwareUpdateBOMErrorDomain:1|FullReplacementRequired|], NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to prepare the software update. Please try again.}
pico@picos-iMac ~ % diskutil apfs listSnapshots /
Snapshot for disk5s5s1 (1 found)
|
+-- 20C85A03-2E89-4454-A48B-9C807CB7FA8C
    Name:        com.apple.bless.36643B27-24BA-4A0D-968D-1A1D98EAEE38
    XID:         9223372036854977018
    Purgeable:   Yes
    NOTE:        This snapshot limits the minimum size of APFS Container disk5
pico@picos-iMac ~ % csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.
pico@picos-iMac ~ % nvram csr-active-config
csr-active-config    g%08%00%00

From the error message

./System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist' did not verify and is not on the exception list

MSUFullReplacementRecommened=true

Apple is not allowing the OTA update process to proceed if the original sealed APFS snapshot is altered (eg if you are booting off a blessed snapshot with different IO80211Family.kext).  Need to use Beta6 full installer app to install Beta6 over the top of your existing Big Sur volume, then upgrade OTA from B6-->B9.

4 hours ago, pico joe said:

so how we can inject IO80211Family.kext without broke the sealed, btw full beta9 installer is ready 

Unfortunately there is a trade off/choice.  In order to receive further OTA Software Updates, Apple seems to require booting off the original, sealed APFS snapshot from a vanilla install.  For those who need older or third party kexts in /S/L/E (and create their own blessed snapshot), you will need to update with full installer instead :(.

Yeah, just realized Beta9 full app now available from Apple's software catalog - download and run Beta9 InstallAssistant.pkg :).

Edited by fusion71au
answer extra question from @pico joe, add Beta9 InstallAssistant.pkg DL link
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fusion71au said:

From the error message

./System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Info.plist' did not verify and is not on the exception list

Apple is not allowing the OTA update process to proceed if the original sealed APFS snapshot is altered (eg if you are booting off a blessed snapshot with different IO80211Family.kext).  Need to use Beta6 full installer app to install Beta6 over the top of your existing Big Sur volume, then upgrade OTA from B6-->B9.

What would cause this? I  had to also install B6 from recovery then update. Takes forever and resets all my security settings so annoying. All I literally did was boot into Windows and back (separate drive). I have SIP active but enabled/disabled makes no difference. Is it possible to fix this so an OTA update could be applied directly without needing to recover from B6?

3 hours ago, fusion71au said:

From the error message

so how we can inject IO80211Family.kext without broke the sealed, btw full beta9 installer is ready 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

Not only, is Hardware accelerator on Η.265<>HEVC..

HEVC, also known as H.265, is the successor of H.264. Offers up to 50% data reduction over its predecessor and does support up to 8k resolutions.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LIMITANT said:

Why? Could you explain that please ... it's about T2 with Netflix and DRM i think 

T2 does the hardware acceleration on newer Mac devices. See the linked post for more details - right off the first comment there’s a picture from when Apple introduced the chip.

Netflix could be the only one doing this for now, but it is just a matter of time others to follow suit.

Edited by Alex HQuest

On 7/13/2020 at 8:16 AM, lucas ferreira brandao said:

Hello gentlemen, I installed Big Sur from USB using OC, on my

Dell Inspiron 15r 3543-A30, i5 5200u, 8gb SSD120gb, Wireless DW1550

everything works great! only Bluetooth that still requires correction, DW1550

My EFI OC! 

EFI DELL 3543-A30 BIG SUR BETA 2.zip

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3543 Intel i5 5200u nvidia GeForce 820m .does this work for me?

used your files but it stuck on apple logo after installing with dead progress bar.can someone help.

Edited by bukyapa1
Update

Clover r5123

you have to configure "QUIRKS" on the clover configuration you have to understand which tips you have to activate otherwise it won't start the clover booloader tells you that it is missing on the config. of quirks

• Like 4

On 9/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, HenryV said:

Anyone have working Atheros 9565 wifi  kexts/firmware for BS?

NGFF m.2 card/Dell 1707.

Shows in menu bar as searching networks but not finding.

What do I need to get this working?  Seem to have seen a post recently.

Please message with details for open core config.

Thank you.

Just for your information; Chris111 told me that Atheros doesn't work on Big Sur.

19 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @ludox

Clover 5123 do not exist.Only developer Branch: opencore_integration.  @Jief_Machak and @Slice work to find a solution for boot Big Sur : a beta version is testing by some users. I hope a Clover release soon when all the details are settled.

Release v5.1 r5123

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4