[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

i have the same kp on my haswell pentium with fakecpuid it worked fine with beta 1

I’m in beta 1 too! Can I use fakecpuid with clover? I don’t really know how :(

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Yes but i don't know your hardware and therefor i can't tell you what fakepccid you can use

I’ve got a Sandy Bridge i5-2500. As RAM I’ve got 8GB at 1333mHz and a GTX780 (Natively Compatible). Grazie!

I meant CPUID not PCIID 

Edited by tore2003

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Preferences/ Software Update as usual :)

My preferences said I am up to date. After trying different things, I ran this app and after running this, it found the beta 7, downloaded and installed it. Adobe libraries are working fine after this update.

• Like 2

Interesting that repo has the app to download but doesn't contain the source code, even though it's on Github which is an open source hosting platform. Seems fishy too me.

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pavo said:

Interesting that repo has the app to download but doesn't contain the source code, even though it's on Github which is an open source hosting platform. Seems fishy too me.

Because I am not source my AppleScript and this is my choice

I decided to put this one too RUN ONLY 

if you don't trust a program you just don't want to use it whether it is open source or not. Most of the time I do not put my open source program is that I have great doubts that it will be reproduced in another version and sometimes I don't want to like other times it doesn't bother me at all, it depends on how I feel . . .

Edited by chris1111

7 hours ago, sam298 said:

My preferences said I am up to date. After trying different things, I ran this app and after running this, it found the beta 7, downloaded and installed it. Adobe libraries are working fine after this update.

Right. You must be registered as a developer. Since you were in Beta 6, I assumed you were.

Here BiG Sur Beta 7 on 10th gen.

When the update started, it sent me a message that my machine (iMac pro 1.1 smbios) wants Full Installer.

Then I followed the instructions and it downloads a full image 12.16 GB

That maybe means the Beta 8 is a GM Beta.

We see..

Software_Update_and__pre-release__macOS_Big_Sur_-_Page_121_-_New_Releases_and_Updates_-_InsanelyMac_Forum.png

Edited by Moviemakergr
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

From the Release Notes:

macOS Big Sur 11 Beta 8 Release Notes

Note: For this macOS Big Sur build, a full installer is not available. If you are starting from macOS Catalina or an earlier version of macOS, you will need to install Beta 6 prior to updating to 20A5374i.

From initial observations, it seems you will be offered a partial update if your system has a start point of a fresh install of Beta 6, regardless of updated already to Beta 7 or no. Any updates from previous versions thru the beta's won't qualify for a partial update to Beta 8 and you will be forced to install Beta 6 before you can update to Beta 8.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Any one else had to downgrade from beta7 to beta6 first, so that the installer would work via system update? On beta7, system update says it needs to download full installer, but full installer is BETA6, not BETA8. hahahaha. Gotta love bugs.

image.png.bad05b077400a331ddf284cf5332ee27.png

I'm noticing a pink tint... beta8 uses inspiration from the desktop image to tint the window...

Edited by dehjomz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I had to make a usb and fresh install. but got there in the end. sorry I've made a mistake back to the Drawingboard

7979796_Screenshot2020-09-22at12_34_04.png.909f2bd87235f794fa5bdf45f4dd2b92.png

20A5364e is Beta 6. If you look at Software Update in System Preferences, you'll find Beta 8 there waiting to be downloaded.