[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, greythorne said:

Hi @Matgen84 replaced the old one with the attached. I am still getting the same issue.

Please see below.

Hi @greythorne The same problem but without the ACPI errors, it is already there. Sorry I don't see, it's beyond my skills. 

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 1

Hi @fusion71au,

thanks for your time, below are the debug log, diskutil list and diskutil apfs list, yesterday the command to capture the log didn't work, but today it did...

You are right the entry was created by a creation of a usb install, but it is the first time that it stays at boot, if you want some more data to pinpoint the problem I'm ready to assist...

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 11.44.01.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 11.45.49.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 11.47.12.png

10 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @fusion71au,

thanks for your time, below are the debug log, diskutil list and diskutil apfs list, yesterday the command to capture the log didn't work, but today it did...

You are right the entry was created by a creation of a usb install, but it is the first time that it stays at boot, if you want some more data to pinpoint the problem I'm ready to assist...

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 11.44.01.png

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 11.45.49.png

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 11.47.12.png

@MorenoAv,

It looks like you made an Installer partition on your Windows HD (disk1s3) with createinstallmedia command (maybe chose wrong target volume, instead of USB Installer?  Check whether your Windows installation still works since you may have deleted the system volume!).

Backup any data on the partition and erase with DU or just mount disk1s3 and delete /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi (might be hidden).  Show hidden files in Finder by pressing <Cmd><Shift><.>

PS Your boot log doesn't have enough info - need to run DEBUG version of OC (instead of RELEASE version) to see all registered entries for OC picker eg OpenCore-0.6.1-DEBUG

Edited by fusion71au
Added download link for DEBUG version of OC 0.6.1 for more complete boot logging
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is there a way to force load the kext at boot with OC? Or do we have to run that command every boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to compile the latest commit from OpenCore to get the new Force feature https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Sample.plist#L449

• Like 1

It's mind boggling that I just haven't been able to get Sleep to work on both Z490 and Z370 systems on any of Big Sur Betas. I have mapped my USB ports correctly, I have set proper sleep settings according to Hackintool Power tab. My Config.plist validates on Opencore slowgeeks website. I have also disabled Bluetooth wake from Bluetooth Advanced settings.

Anyone has any clue?

1 hour ago, fusion71au said:

@MorenoAv,

It looks like you made an Installer partition on your Windows HD (disk1s3) with createinstallmedia command (maybe chose wrong target volume, instead of USB Installer?).

Backup any data on the partition and erase with DU or just mount disk1s3 and delete /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi (might be hidden).  Show hidden files by pressing <Cmd><Shift><.>

PS Your boot log doesn't have enough info - need to run debug version of OC to see all registered entries for OC picker

I don't know what happened maybe you are right and I choose wrong path, and I enabled in OC Misc, Target 5, for getting OC log...

I'll mount disk1s3 and delete that entry ... if that don't work I'll get again to OC to obtain more registered entries...

Thanks for your time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@greythorne Try to replace old SSDT-EC-USBX by the new one August,2 (attached) from OpenCore Repo.

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

I wonder if I would benefit from using that file too, I have attached mine that I created following the guide.

It doesn't contain as much as that file, will it be ok to test?

SSDT-EC.aml

Edited by D-an-W

4 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

I wonder if I would benefit from using that file too, I have attached mine that I created following the guide.

It doesn't contain as much as that file, will it be ok to test?

@D-an-W Obviously, it is possible to test it, by replacing one with the other. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @greythorne The same problem but without the ACPI errors, it is already there. Sorry I don't see, it's beyond my skills. 

Hi @Matgen84 thank you for the effort.

I am still puzzled why this is only happening on Beta 6. Still unable to install.

Perhaps I should just wait for Beta 7 or something to see if the issue still persist.

If anyone have any idea what could be wrong please let me know.

IMG_3959.thumb.jpg.60871d6fdfcad81e9a48ed2cffeede1d.jpg

Also any idea how to get rid of the installer in the boot entries?

IMG_3960.thumb.jpg.cac1f62810a3cef99767be76a78dc266.jpg

• Sad 1

Hi again @fusion71au,

Well I managed to mount the disk, and now how do I manage to show the hidden files to delete them? I click cmd+shift+. and it does nothing ...

Sorry for the ignorance ...

Thanks

PS: the disk is the disk0s3 and not disk1s3, or I'm wrong?

PS1: Found it, noobice aside and deleted the first entry, it's enough or I have to delete all the boot entries?

PS2: Rebooted and voilá entry gone... yupiiiii, yupiiii, yupiiii... thanks @fusion71au, you are my savior... :thumbsup_anim:

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 14.03.04.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-06, às 14.17.22.png

IMG_0838.jpeg

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

It's mind boggling that I just haven't been able to get Sleep to work on both Z490 and Z370 systems on any of Big Sur Betas. I have mapped my USB ports correctly, I have set proper sleep settings according to Hackintool Power tab. My Config.plist validates on Opencore slowgeeks website. I have also disabled Bluetooth wake from Bluetooth Advanced settings.

Anyone has any clue?

What are your SMBIOS/selected model for your hardware? If you are using a CPU way different from the Apple device model selected (I.e., an iMacPro with non-Xeon CPUs), this is expected unless you have a super detailed injection of much more data than current tools are able to generate.

Another bug reported to Apple. If you install a product that adds a kernel extension, Big Sur now enforces the user to approve the kext before it can be made active by the OS. This approval happens by opening SysPrefs, then to Security & Privacy; a button is displayed on the General tab, right from the "Allow apps downloaded from App Store and identified developers". On Big Sur b6, this causes the Security & Privacy pane to close and return back to main SysPrefs page, with an error message. Therefore, your application won't work as you cannot approve the kext.

Perks of using beta software...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I have at last managed to install.11.0 Beta (20A5364e). but I had to make a new EFI File and change to a iMac 20,2

It runs ok but I have a small problem I would like help with.  (1) when I boot up in Mac the scrolling script is using large type

(2) I would like to add boot up icons. What settings do I need to change in my config.plist to fix the two problems I have please.

129036667_Screenshot2020-09-06at13_21_12.png.11b65a9a9bcc293a897874ee4e9bb1d8.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I have at last managed to install.11.0 Beta (20A5364e). but I had to make a new EFI File and change to a iMac 20,2

It runs ok but I have a small problem I would like help with.  (1) when I boot up in Mac the scrolling script is using large type

(2) I would like to add boot up icons. What settings do I need to change in my config.plist to fix the two problems I have please.

Hi @BALDY_MAN well done for your installation of beta 6

You've got Bootloader problems. Please read configurations.pdf and  post to Opencore Discussion Topic. Here is for Big Sur Beta. :)

37 minutes ago, xtddd said:

@Matgen84i installed big sur beta6, after the first install , i cshose the macos installer and then show forrbidden ,,, how to fix it ?  thank you

@xtddd Can you upload a screenshot, because I don't understand what you mean (sorry for my bad English).

Edit 1: Do you update bootloader, drivers and Kexts ! Is this a fresh install or update Big Sur Beta 6 ?

EDIT 2: Upload your EFI folder.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

The reason is user land patch broken on Lilu, which then causes WEG not to apply shikigva changes on systems with an IGPU. The iMacPro does not have an IGPU so DRM works, but while set as an iMacPro you will (most likely) lose sleep/wake/certain CPU features not natively supported unless you own a Xeon processor.

Fortunately I don’t have sleep/wake issues :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fusion71au said:

If using OC 0.6.1, try changing config.plist/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled".

You nailed it, thanks! 

I can now boot past the first installer phase, I do always try and understand what I’m adding to the Config.plist but missed this one. 

• Like 1

Hi @fusion71au

Maybe you can help me: got two problems with Beta 6.

1 - mount -uw / don't work error 66, despite of your csr-config in my OC config.plist. I check the status, both are disable. I try terminal command on Recovery mode: same issue.

2 - Preferences / Software Update don't show up enrollment despite terminal command, Apple Utility and SwitchermacOS.app. But this app shows the Developer enrollment is active

If you have any ideas. Please :)