[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks @Alex HQuest,

But I think my case is different because my entry if I click in it , it installs macOS Big Sur again... 

What did you think?

@MorenoAv Maybe it is nonsense: but you don't seem to have any entry for Big Sur (Preboot or else).The installation process may then not be completed. I had to click twice on macos Installer to finally get to the settings and the finder desktop. Sorry for that stupid question. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No what I have is a install macOS Big Sur beta... and before following the suggestion of @Alex HQuest and the method from fusion71au, I'm click in it without erasing the disk and see it it disappears...

Thanks @Matgen84 and @Alex HQuest ... 

be right back ...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

Big Sur preference SoftwareUpdater don't show up Developer enrollment. :cry:
I try manual method via Terminal, macOS Utility and Switchmacos.app without success. However when I consult the status via seedutil current: the enrollment is valid. Does the Developer program mention only appear when there are updates available? I don't remember it anymore.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Big Sur preference SoftwareUpdater don't show up Developer enrollment. default_cry.png

I try manual method via Terminal, macOS Utility and Switchmacos.app without success. However when I consult the status via seedutil current: the enrollment is valid. Does the Developer program mention only appear when there are updates available? I don't remember it anymore.

me too.

i have to crazybirdy script and download app. then install app.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi anyone can assist?

As below when i try to update to the latest beta the install process stalls. Using the latest OC 0.6.1 & kexts.

IMG_3956.thumb.jpg.06494a4d910cddaa9c2e021a93cb937b.jpg

So anyone? Seems strange that this beta 6 i am unable to install. Always stalls!!

Edited by greythorne
  • Confused 1

Well I'm back after one more update, I call it update because I didn't format the ssd, but didn't work the entry at boot is there yet.

Later I follow the method outlined by fusion71au and delete it.

Thanks

I try to install macOS from USB but when I select the install option, and click continue nothing happens. Other options lile Time Machine, Terminal and Safari are working just fine.

Any help ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to install macOS from USB but when I select the install option, and click continue nothing happens. Other options lile Time Machine, Terminal and Safari are working just fine.

Any help ?

• Confused 1

IOGraphicsFamily.kext blocks Big Sur installation in presence of GTX 760.

The same card works perfectly if Big Sur is cloned from VM.

Is there any way to change the kext of the installation?

Any solution?

It seems to me to be the problem of "tore2003" which has already asked for help twice in vain.
Thanks for your attention.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Good morning guys,

I have a new problem pestering me, at boot I have a new entry, macOS Beta installer, but I already installed it... how do I get rid of it?

Spoiler

IMG_0837.jpeg

9 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

No what I have is a install macOS Big Sur beta... and before following the suggestion of @Alex HQuest and the method from fusion71au, I'm click in it without erasing the disk and see it it disappears...

Thanks @Matgen84 and @Alex HQuest ... 

be right back ...

@MorenoAv,

Strange that you are missing a "Recovery 11.0" entry for your BigSur installation but have a "Install macOS Big Sur Beta" instead.  The "Install macOS Big Sur Beta" entry looks like an installer USB or Installer partition created by the createinstallmedia utility eg

Spoiler

Reboot3.thumb.png.61b096da99caed92669de8a0afc7bfed.png

Compare this to "macOS Installer" entry if you have a "macOS Install Data" folder on the " - Data" volume or "com.apple.installer" folder on the "Preboot" volume.

Did you reinstall BigSur from Recovery before?  What is the output when you run diskutil list, diskutil apfs list from Terminal?

Only way to properly troubleshoot is if we have the OC boot log like I suggested in my post in the OC thread.  Good Luck :).

Edited by fusion71au
typo
  • Like 3

So there is a fix for smb network shares issue with this Beta 6.

Simply execute this in terminal
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext

And Boom!!! smb network shares start working just like that. Now happily connect your NASes.

Is there a way to force load the kext at boot with OC? Or do we have to run that command every boot?

4 hours ago, Blu24 said:

I'm using iMac pro1,1 because for some reason I could not get Apple TV+ to work with iMac 19,1 :)

The reason is user land patch broken on Lilu, which then causes WEG not to apply shikigva changes on systems with an IGPU. The iMacPro does not have an IGPU so DRM works, but while set as an iMacPro you will (most likely) lose sleep/wake/certain CPU features not natively supported unless you own a Xeon processor.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is there a way to force load the kext at boot with OC? Or do we have to run that command every boot?

I made app with automator to force load the kext at login, just try ...

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 11.55.47.png

smb-On.zip

Edited by pico joe
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, greythorne said:

I see a ACPI error \_SB_PCI0_LPCB_EC0 ! Do you use SSDT-EC.aml or not ? Upload your EFI folder, maybe users can help you.

Edited by Matgen84

I have an issue regarding usb wifi. The Dongle works only on the first boot, then nothing. The kext does not load

I have an issue regarding usb wifi. The Dongle works only on the first boot, then nothing. The kext does not load

Yet again I had to revert back to OpenCore 0.6.0 to be able to start the second install stage (After the first reboot), with an up to date 0.6.1 and Kexts I just got a reboot / crash.

I managed to film it in Slow motion and capture the point it happens, would anyone have any ideas where to start?

Spoiler

AFA67CE4-9DF8-40EA-8816-5F4EC07BCE41_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.a17704bb0122dee079d6c1c7ceebe4a6.jpeg

21 minutes ago, greythorne said:

@Matgen84 Yes I am using SSDT-EC.aml. Attached is the EFI folder. If anyone could look into and assist would be great. No idea why the latest beta 6 causing such nuisance!

EFI.zip

@greythorne Try to replace old SSDT-EC-USBX by the new one August,2 (attached) from OpenCore Repo.

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Yet again I had to revert back to OpenCore 0.6.0 to be able to start the second install stage (After the first reboot), with an up to date 0.6.1 and Kexts I just got a reboot / crash.

I managed to film it in Slow motion and capture the point it happens, would anyone have any ideas where to start?

Hide contents

AFA67CE4-9DF8-40EA-8816-5F4EC07BCE41_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.a17704bb0122dee079d6c1c7ceebe4a6.jpeg

If using OC 0.6.1, try changing config.plist/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1