[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

@MorenoAv - You'll find everything in this folder, Download Script also instructions to make USB installer the easy way.

installScript_1016fullapp-Plus OS X D:Load.zip

Guys here is a handy tip, unless you're some sort of wizard to remember everything, do like I do get a decent size USB Drive and store any handy tips or apps like Chris1111 little app for changing the name Preboot plus your favourite icons any thing to make your installs and updates less painful. Believe me you won't regret it.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

And then we, X99 platform are completely forgotten. No one with an ASUS motherboard could boot big sur (and I don't know about other MOBO's, but should be the same story). And the developers don't want to hear about it. Have fun on Big Sur. Never gonna happen for X99 platforms. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dehjomz said:

Any one has Aquantia 10 gb working on Beta6? Old patch seems to no longer work... ?

The last patch I was using with Beta 4 and 5 still working here, see pic below

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.32.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.33.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.33.43 PM.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pavo said:

The last patch I was using with Beta 4 and 5 still working here, see pic below

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.32.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.33.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.33.43 PM.png

Sweet @Pavo Which patch is that, might I ask ?

Edit: Never mind, I see the error of my ways.  My issue was that I had maxkernel set to 20.0.0, but in Beta6, Apple bumped up the kernel version to 20.1.0... so the patch wasn't applying.  I set maxkernel to 20.9.0 and Boom, Aquantia FIRES ON!!

Also, just noticed this is the first Big Sur beta to natively support Comet Lake, with no need for a CPUID mask.

Edited by dehjomz

5 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Do you guys have  a script to download full installer?

Thanks

Here my friend, im save in my text Editor on iCloud...

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munki/macadmin-scripts/main/installinstallmacos.py && sudo /usr/bin/python installinstallmacos.py --raw --seedprogram DeveloperSeed

• Thanks 2

Successful software update on my laptop.

Only issue still left on my laptop is "slightly dim the display while on battery power" does not seem to work.

Spoiler

2035847525_ScreenShot2020-09-04at12_27_39pm.png.0c2e3fd587eade1e701c2b24e925d08d.png

Anyone on AMD updated to Beta 6 yet?

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 2

I tried to download and install the BS beta 6 update (7.34 GB) through terminal software update command and got the following error: 

jorgerodriguez@Jorges-iMac ~ % sudo softwareupdate -i -r

Software Update Tool

Finding available software

2020-09-03 21:04:48.941 softwareupdate[731:9345] Creating client/daemon connection: E9FED684-B23D-443E-8DFA-AD7E49884732

Downloading macOS Big Sur Beta 6

downloading: 100.00%

Failed to download & prepare update: Error Domain=SUMacControllerError Code=7723 "[SUMacControllerErrorPreflightPersonalizeFailed=7723] Failed to perform PreflightPersonalize operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR(7)_1_MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR(7)]" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fc7785246e0 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain Code=7 "Could not create update context in preflight_personalize." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Could not create update context in preflight_personalize., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fc77851dbc0 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain Code=7 "Update context didn't validate." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Update context didn't validate.}}}}, SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsMask=0, NSDebugDescription=[SUMacControllerErrorPreflightPersonalizeFailed=7723] Failed to perform PreflightPersonalize operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR(7)_1_MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR(7)], NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to personalize the software update. Please try again.}

Did anyone experience this problem?