[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

Codeccommander.kext need to be in L/E 

issue is static noise in headset for laptop alc292 

Old solution before was Codeccommander.kext in L/E .. but now with BS there is no solution 

I've searched alot . I don't know how to fix that 

Codeccommander.kext works fine in OC/kexts folder

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

I did that before with this two comnands , i got KP and I had to install Big Sur again ..

I'm afraid to do it again , it's time consuming to install BS and then follow some steps to make it Read/Write .. 

Can you confirm it works please ?

this is the command but I never install kext in /L/E I use kext Inject with OC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

I did that before with this two comnands , i got KP and I had to install Big Sur again ..

I'm afraid to do it again , it's time consuming to install BS and then follow some steps to make it Read/Write .. 

Can you confirm it works please ?

You have the same issue with headset noise and distortions?

If so .. could you please share the steps and the needed files ? 

https://github.com/Sniki/ALCPlugFix

i tested using in terminal:

hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25

which worked great and used that in the code and compiled and haven't had an issue since

2 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

You are using it at the moment with Big Sur?

So Codeccommander.kext located in EFI/OC/Kexts , Fix is located in usr/bin , launch script plist located where ? 

I've tried all that as i did with Catalina , but with Big Sur result is KP and reinstall whole system

yes, using with Big Sur

Codeccommander.kext located in EFI/OC/Kexts

fix is located in /usr/local/bin

launch script is located in /Library/LaunchDaemons/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, analise said:

@Stefanalmare, I have system similar to yours, XW6600, and I wasn't able to go so far as you. 

Your kp seems to be related to the telemetry file that needs to be removed.

If you could post your EFI folder I appreciate.

Thanks.

Hi! It is already installed. I will post EFI when it is fully functional (sound and usb issues). Until then tell me what problems do you have. If it is about booting, for USB I need to make a mbr USB booter, OS installer on another USB. After that you can use normal legacy method (Dortania) for ur HDD or SSD. Good luck!

Spoiler

Captură de ecran din 2020-09-01 la 22.48.44.png

HP xw4600 workstation, Core™2 Quad Processor Q9300, Nvidia GT 710, iMac 15.1, Big Sur beta 5

Spoiler

Captură de ecran din 2020-09-01 la 22.48.44.png

Edited by Stefanalmare

25 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi! It is already installed. I will post EFI when it is fully functional (sound and usb issues). Until then tell me what problems do you have. If it is about booting, for USB I need to make a mbr USB booter, OS installer on another USB. After that you can use normal legacy method (Dortania) for ur HDD or SSD. Good luck!

Hi, I downloaded a beta5 image and "dd" to a free internal SSD. I can't pass the early stage of boot "LOG:EXIT:BS:START" line.

Any clue is welcome, thanks!

6 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

For me patching the DSDT it was the way. Try it.

I have the DSDT from Catalina, that it's working in this same machine.

I really don't know what to patch!

Can you help?

Thanks

On 8/8/2020 at 8:01 PM, LIMITANT said:

Please Help :wallbash:

Panic cpu caller 0 

vm_map_delete ......

no map entry at 0xfffff888888 ...

OC 0.6 boots Catalina 10.15.6 without problem , also It can install High Sierra without problems..

But with Big Sur Beta installer It stuck always with this panic " vm_map_delete .... as shown below in photo 

Reveal hidden contents

20200809_055424.thumb.jpg.7990bd38aab2bc272d1c654a55bdad52.jpg

I'm getting the same panic, did you ever find a solution?

4 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

I have fixed that , i don't know what was the issue .. i built OC from the beginning, i followed dortania laptop installation, reset bios , removed any attached disks, changed USB , .... 

I don't know really where was the fix .. 

I'm sure you will solve your issue but be patient and revise everything carefully in your plist , ACPI files , Kexts , tools , Drivers .... try and try again ... in the end you will succeess 

What is your laptop spec.?

Good luck

I just now got the installer to boot up, I probably should've tried a bit more before posting for help. It was just VoodooInput.kext that caused it

22 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

In this case make sure you use the latest OC and kext. And read carefully Dortania guide.

Hi! I was using clover but no luck.

Using OC, I was able to get to the OpenCore menu, the only options that I have a preboot and recover options from the ssd image.

My system is very similar to yours, except the CPU it's 2 x Xeon 5430, the gpu is exactly the same.

I have a kp in the Nvidia.nvdastartup ...  Do you have any ideia to fix this?

Thanks!

21 hours ago, YukiPowa said:

I have artefacts on Big Sur, anyone have this ?
I have Z390M Gaming with Vega 64 Gaming OC (Gigabyte).
If you have Vega 64 and no artefact, what is your boot option and your kexts please

Thanks

Are you using the last releases of all kexts? Use Hackintool to check it out.

18 hours ago, Donw35 said:

I don't see any artifacts in your video or on mine

It's on the translucent area of Finder.

Good morning to all,

After some re installs to solve some problems it's all solved except 2, I have again PreBoot at boot, and no matter what I do I can't disable the guest user that I didn't turn on... how do I solve this problems?

The problem of painful slowness was caused by CleanMyMac X, I removed it and all is well again... 

Thanks

PS: I have installed Intel Power Gadget but this time it didn't solve the PreBoot issue ...

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-03, às 11.11.32.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-03, às 11.12.19.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@MorenoAv - Did you use a DMG image not from the App Store, the reason I asked is when the first Developer Beta was unofficially made available, I obtained the image from a website and although the install was successful, it also had a guest account that I could not delete, but in saying that I think it is a bug that Apple reported and offered a fix, have a look in the 'Feedback Assistant' and see if the fix is there or try and google the 'Removal of the Guest Account in Big Sur' and see what comes up. Good luck.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

If BS Beta 5 is the same as Public Beta 2, the update should be about 12GB 

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 18.01.18.png

That’s the case @sonicthehedgehog2 if you are downloading BS in Catalina but if you are checking updates within BS it will be an incremental update. I read that in a previous post made by a colleague here. I also downloaded BS full installer in Catalina and created the USB installation media but when trying to pick the existing BS drive for installation it wouldn’t allow stating that I need a firmware update. Strange? Does anyone knows the reason for these 2 issues that I’m dealing with (incremental update failing to complete download and BS USB installer message telling that a firmware update is required when trying to select the existing BS driven)?

• Like 1

Hi @eSaF, @SavageAUS,

I have googled Removal of guest account, and applied one suggestion, after replying to you guys I'll reboot and see it worked, after that I search feedback assistant.

I have downloaded the dmg from apple store and updated from beta 2 to beta 5 with it, and the guest account only appeared in beta 5, in beta 2 I didn't have guest account active nor PreBoot...

@SavageAUS,

My brightness slider is greyed out but only in beta 5, in beta 2 was working ... 

Captura de ecrã 2020-09-03, às 13.47.42.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Good morning to all,

After some re installs to solve some problems it's all solved except 2, I have again PreBoot at boot, and no matter what I do I can't disable the guest user that I didn't turn on... how do I solve this problems?

The problem of painful slowness was caused by CleanMyMac X, I removed it and all is well again... 

Thanks

PS: I have installed Intel Power Gadget but this time it didn't solve the PreBoot issue ...

Hi @MorenoAv my friend, about Preboot, try install and reboot, and uninstall again this program, and will show up your hard drive name. Works fine, is from @chris1111 GitHub developer. 

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter/releases/tag/V5

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1