[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

I’m just another macOS enthusiast... things I do is what seems to me the right thing but most of the time, I have no idea what I’m doing :D happy I am somehow being able to help.

[off-topic] O idioma a gente aprende, e mesmo errado, se fizer um esforço dá pra entender. O que salva é que a maioria também não fala inglês então a gente se entende :) Abraços de um ex-Curitibano [/off-topic]

GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND, IM WAS LONDRINENSE, THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP :thumbsup_anim:

OFF<<OBRIGADO IRMÃO, ME AJUDOU DEMAIS, SOU DO PARANÁ, NASCI EM LONDRINA, E MORO AQUI, SE QUISER MANDA MENSAGEM PRIVADA!!! ABRAÇOS DEUS ABENÇOE BROTHER!!!>>>OFF :startreck:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacWill said:

Excuse me. This issue has not been resolved.
Any more suggestions?
Thank you

Its possible you have an update from Catalina or something? Its necessary fresh install im guess...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Its possible you have an update from Catalina or something? Its necessary fresh install im guess...

I think so also, fresh install including formatting the disk would surely solve the problem.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Maybe slightly off topic but here is my BS tribute to Chadwick Boseman....RIP

Hide contents

Oh boy...so sad...RIP Chad...

Thanks for tribute @eSaF 

23 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Hmm. I tried to do a clean install but it's not working. Created a Beta 5 Installer USB with OC 0.6.1 and latest kexts, USB boots fine, started installing but after the 1st restart and choosing "macOS Installer" from the HDD it's only booting to the language chooser, after I click next a window popping up saying "Updating" then it's restart itself (not kp, simple restart) and it's repeating this over and over. 

Once im had this issue. Im noticed that im solved after format my SSD nvme and use only one disk plugged to install. Twice or more, apparently cause this error....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MacWill said:

Excuse me. This issue has not been resolved.
Any more suggestions?

Most likely explanation is some remnant of a macOS update (Catalina or Big Sur), leaving behind a boot.efi file in an "update" folder

eg "macOS Install Data" folder on the " - Data" volume

"com.apple.installer" folder on the "Preboot" volume

Spoiler

1929473795_macOSInstallData.png.72439dc5a4d60cd98778000158a3c7a7.png

The only way to be certain of which installer location is from the OC boot log like I suggested in my reply post in the OC thread.

Need OC boot log (run from debug version of OC), and output from diskutil list, diskutil apfs list.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2020 at 7:29 PM, MacWill said:

How can I delete this entry from my menu. It is just a trace of some previous installation and it no longer works. Not even the nvram reset can eliminate it.

Menu.jpg

How to get those sexy icons? I have the default ones.

If you have it configured to 0, it will set it to 0, regardless of what you've set via csrutil. Remove the csr-active-config entry off both NVRAM add/delete in order to preserve what you set on macOS Recovery.

This is an issue with most guides. Anything set on Clover/OC configuration files overrides the OS settings. For initial install, they may be required, but then the official Apple behavior gets broken "for no reason".

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LIMITANT said:

Maybe I'm wrong ... but I think clearing nvram and reset via OC set SIP to enable again 

You are right, because it erases the value off nvram and defaults to 0, which is SIP enabled. If you add a custom value or delete it off nvram, then whatever changes you do on macOS recovery won’t stick past next reboot.

Edited by Alex HQuest

9 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Всем привет! Я пытаюсь установить BS на старый hp xw4600 в устаревшем режиме. Я застрял с КП (см. Приложение - КП после этого). Кто-нибудь может мне намекнуть? Спасибо!

config.plist

DSDT.aml

Скрыть содержимое

IMG_4773.jpeg

Try changing VirtualSMC to FakeSMC. It helped someone. Me under a similar mistake-no. Maybe you'll get lucky.)

• Like 1

I'm having trouble downloading and installing the BS beta 5 update (7.34 GB): on first try after downloading and waiting for preparing to update, it rebooted. I entered the Apple ID password and when I checked back, it was still in beta 4 version. So I clicked again on the update install now and now the download is failing to complete. A message saying that the download failed appears after downloading almost the 7.34 GBs. Have any of you experienced something similar?

22 hours ago, jlrycm said:

I'm having trouble downloading and installing the BS beta 5 update (7.34 GB): on first try after downloading and waiting for preparing to update, it rebooted. I entered the Apple ID password and when I checked back, it was still in beta 4 version. So I clicked again on the update install now and now the download is failing to complete. A message saying that the download failed appears after downloading almost the 7.34 GBs. Have any of you experienced something similar?

If BS Beta 5 is the same as Public Beta 2, the update should be about 12GB 

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 18.01.18.png

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 4:00 PM, Stefanalmare said:

Hi all! I try to install BS on an old hp xw4600 in legacy mode. I'm stuck with KP (see attach - KP after this). Can somebody give me a hint? Thank You!

config.plist

DSDT.aml

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4773.jpeg

The same with more kexts enable:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4774.thumb.jpeg.227329219eb3d473c481c443118aa90a.jpeg

@Stefanalmare, I have system similar to yours, XW6600, and I wasn't able to go so far as you. 

Your kp seems to be related to the telemetry file that needs to be removed.

If you could post your EFI folder I appreciate.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

Is there anyway to install a kext in L/E ? 

Will it successed and BS can boot ? 

sudo touch /Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -i /

sudo kmutil install --update-all

• Like 2

I am having a question for all experts here. I have i5 10600 CPU on Z490 motherboard. In windows, the CPU cores idle at much lower clock speeds like 800 Mhz, 1.2 Ghz. But in Big Sur, All cores idle above 3 Ghz. My CPU power management seems to be working as per Dortania guide. It even sleeps correctly. 
How to have same or similar power management in Big Sur like in Windows 10?

I just managed to dual boot Windows and Big Sur on my Hp 4540s with opencore but there are some error on device manager on microsoft acpi compliant system ACPI\FAN00000\2&DABA3FF&0 and ACPI\RMD10000\2&DABA3FF&0, if I boot Catalina with clover this issue don't appear.

Edited by mick3lson

31 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

Codeccommander.kext need to be in L/E 

issue is static noise in headset for laptop alc292 

Old solution before was Codeccommander.kext in L/E .. but now with BS there is no solution 

I've searched alot . I don't know how to fix that 

I have the same issue with Intel Power Gadget's Energy.kext.  I can put it in the EFI folder with my OC Custom kexts and it will work for some apps but it iStat Menus does not pick up CPU frequencies with Energy.kext unless it is in L/E.  I am thinking that 3rd-party app developers will be coming up with a solution as soon as Big Sur GM comes out.

• Like 1