[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

@MacWill - I knew I saw this fix somewhere. Now I don't know if this will work on BS as it has a slight volume and security structure but it is worth a shot.

1. First install an app to show hidden files.The solution is simple and safe. Navigate to your main partition. Now look for 2 folders: IABootFiles (hidden) and OS X Install Data.

2.   Now look for two folders: IABootFiles (hidden) and OS X Install Data.

3.Delete those folders, empty your trash, reboot and you will be good to go! Remember, without 'show hidden files' enabled, you will not be able to see (and remove) the first one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Beta 5 is working solid for me on both my intel laptop and my new amd build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're lucky. On my setup safari,iTunes and the OS has frozen/crashed every day. I never had these issues with all the previous betas. Hopefully, the next beta will be better 

4 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

Well, thanks, but I only shared what's in the Release Notes...

815742095_ScreenShot2020-08-28at8_55_51AM.png.e42d3f9dd4d94decbe8a26360bf8e0ad.png

Unless you find a way to make it permanent (which I wouldn't think is recommended), I would add it prior to launching any apps that doesn't work as intended.

About dyld cache file replacement, I don't think I'm able to help, as I don't do any file replacement on my system. But I would think you could rebuild the cache by yourself:

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force
sudo /usr/libexec/xpchelper --rebuild-cache

[Edit] Don't forget to restart macOS afterwards...

One more time so many thanks my friend, im not have advanced Knowledge and my English is poor, so im appreciate to much your help because to me is very nice and awesome help !!! Best Regards @Alex HQuest im will test your command. :guitar:

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Beta 5 is working solid for me on both my intel laptop and my new amd build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, its same like Beta 4, solid and not unstable. Its better in a little bugs that was in B2 and B3. No errors since now...

Im notice that if you deleted arm caches file on dyld folder, if you use intel, its possible that is the cause of unstable.  But exist some risks that system not boot. To me boot normal without this files, when im try run some apps. Now with that files not differences on establish performance too. Only a simple observation. 

The folder is /System/Library/dyld

Captura de Tela 2020-08-28 às 15.11.24.png

Im noticed that when im update from Catalina 10.15.6, its run stable too, Safari, iTunes Library, folders, spotlight that im use to much, and iCloud files .... Mail...etc...

Edited by Max.1974

Hmm. I tried to do a clean install but it's not working. Created a Beta 5 Installer USB with OC 0.6.1 and latest kexts, USB boots fine, started installing but after the 1st restart and choosing "macOS Installer" from the HDD it's only booting to the language chooser, after I click next a window popping up saying "Updating" then it's restart itself (not kp, simple restart) and it's repeating this over and over. 

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

One more time so many thanks my friend, im not have advanced Knowledge and my English is poor, so im appreciate to much your help because to me is very nice and awesome help !!! Best Regards @Alex HQuest im will test your command. :guitar:

I’m just another macOS enthusiast... things I do is what seems to me the right thing but most of the time, I have no idea what I’m doing :D happy I am somehow being able to help.

[off-topic] O idioma a gente aprende, e mesmo errado, se fizer um esforço dá pra entender. O que salva é que a maioria também não fala inglês então a gente se entende :) Abraços de um ex-Curitibano [/off-topic]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi again guys,

Today I discovered another BS weirdness, now have a new icon in the menu bar "AC" as show above, and I don't know how I activated that, but I want to get ridden of it, anyone knows how to deactivate that?

Thanks

PS: This is my hack BS Beta 5 ...

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 21.28.56.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 21.29.12.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi again guys,

Today I discovered another BS weirdness, now have a new icon in the menu bar "AC" as show above, and I don't know how I activated that, but I want to get ridden of it, anyone knows how to deactivate that?

Thanks

PS: This is my hack BS Beta 5 ...

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 21.28.56.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 21.29.12.png

Oh my!!!! What is that? :frantics:

• Haha 1

It's the user panel, and if you click it, it rotates as in a cube and you have to put the password again... arghhhh :thumbsdown_anim:

thanks @Alex HQuest, you are my savior... solved, but the strange thing was that I din't activate that setting...

It self activated itself...

Other thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that my OneDrive, every 30 to 2 hours disconnects and asks me to connect again... over and over again.

Do you guys have the same problem or you don't use OneDrive?

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

Fast user enables if you have more than one active account on the macOS. You seem to have the guest account turned on, so that's why it showed up "by itself".

My OneDrive stays logged for months (edit: uh weeks actually, since Apple is making me restart at least once every two weeks as part of the Dev program). Both installs from my personal and enterprise accounts. Make sure you are using the app loaded from the Mac App Store, not from elsewhere (i.e., Office365.com).

Edited by Alex HQuest

That was another thing that activated itself too, I never activate the guest account, it annoys the hell out of me, when needed we all use my account... 

I tried to deactivate the guest account and it didn't work... 

I downloaded my copy of OneDrive from the App Store ...

9 hours ago, eSaF said:

Pour faire rage un peu plus à quel point Beta5 est mauvais -

Masquer le contenu

1367517985_Screenshot2020-08-28at12_50_57.png.19987182a19a0a6e930c78ddc5cb334d.png

Je ne peux plus vérifier les mises à jour attendues dans un jour ou deux. Pour activer une vérification de mise à jour, je dois installer le PublicBetaAccessUtillity.Dmg à chaque fois, puis l'option disparaît une fois de plus. Beta5 est un $ h1t pur non dilué et a été publié précipitamment sans correctifs réels, ou en a corrigé quelques-uns et en a cassé une douzaine de plus. : frantics:

with SIP active it works, with SIP disabled I have the same problem as you!

Spoiler

876660094_Capturedecran2020-08-28a23_04_25.thumb.png.8e3c4b9da256d98774d7ebb098bd8a2b.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Donw35 said:

@Blu24 That doesn't sound right, not having those issues. have you verified your BIOS settings, are you using XMP for memory  or over clocking ?

My BIOS settings are correct. I've always used XMP, never had an issue with Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur beta 1-4. 

Edited by Blu24

Now I have a new problem, suddenly my hard drive aka ssd nvme m2 crucial don't stop working and the light indicator don't stop, because of that my apps don't open and don't stop jumping up and down until I force close, and reboot the machine.

Activity monitor helps with closing open processes, but what is causing this? this only happens in BS Beta 5...

Edited by MorenoAv

@MorenoAv - Man you have some serious problems with that install/Board, I would sit back and take a hard look at the entire setup i.e BIOS settings (latest BIOS version) also the install drive. Is it like that with other OS X versions, how is it with Windows? You shouldn't be having that much trouble at this stage, yes BS is still Beta buggy but not to the extent you're having! Have a rethink about the whole process and see if you're missing something along the way.

• Like 3

Thanks @eSaF, @Alex HQuest,

I'm going to see if my bios parameters are well, but it's been touch a run, with something or other, although stable in most aspects it still make me crazy sometimes.

I had to re install BS from beta 1 and then update to BS beta 5 from App Store and it went fine again... and now I have all this problems suddenly, it must be bios related.

I'll solve it, kudos to you guys for all the help...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Other thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that my OneDrive, every 30 to 2 hours disconnects and asks me to connect again... over and over again.

Do you guys have the same problem or you don't use OneDrive?

I use OneDrive a lot. Setting it up on a new install was a {censored}, but has been rock solid.

Recommend not having it sync existing folders, but have it re-download.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, MacWill said:

How can I delete this entry from my menu. It is just a trace of some previous installation and it no longer works. Not even the nvram reset can eliminate it.

Menu.jpg

Excuse me. This issue has not been resolved.
Any more suggestions?
Thank you