[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

@Max.1974 did you tried to open the installer via Command line:

$ SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1 open ./Installer.app

? This forces the application to receive macOS 10.16.0 instead of macOS 11.0 as version.

Alex Alex Alex!!!!! Man, im so happy now, its because im pass a few weeks trying install my e-token epass2003 and your SAVE MY YEAR MAN!!!

@Alex HQuest im so many thankful for you tell me this command, im ask help for many many people, in the forums and even Apple not could help me and you with your blessing intelligence save my all year!!! Oh boy, im eternity thankful for your BIG BIG BIG HELP!!! Im almost crying now man...so tired to looking for solution, and you save my YEAR!!! Now im will left Catalina and use only Big Sur!!

Oh my friend, so glad to much for your help!!! Im need ask for you, always need run this command, or just once time? Thanks a lot!!! :w00t:

Captura de Tela 2020-08-28 às 01.01.18.png

Edited by Max.1974

@Alex HQuest im wish need one more BIG favor my friend, its possible install library cache from dyld folder on System/Library/dyld ?

Im try replacing bin files but no success. Thanks for the light in all thinks!!! The token recognize with your command, but not accept java run with token application, because im need files UNIX from library on BS beta 2. 

Hi all again, works nice, only think its necessary run command by Alex with all apps involved on signature. Java App, Firefox, EnterSafe or Token Admin, and Voilá !!! Works fine again!!!

Mídia: token epass2003 by Feitian v.1.0.0 - not need add anyone library file. Not need disable SIP or delete snapshots. 

Captura de Tela 2020-08-28 às 14.45.17.png

Edited by Max.1974

Just now, Coke said:

Just get a new system? Nobody is wasting their time on outdated hardware... Buy something that IS supported or get a real Mac

I paid $2000 for my system and works well with Catalina, and I'm sure it'll get BigSur. I guess spending a couple of G's every 4 years is easy for you, but not me

• Like 1

Just now, Blu24 said:

I've noticed Beta 5 is very unstable to the point I have stopped using Big Sur.

Beta 1,2,3,4, worked great.

Absolutely I agree, Beta5 for me also was a step back not an improvement at all. Beta4 was much better, Apple definitely dropped the ball with this latest release.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Absolutely I agree, Beta5 for me also was a step back not an improvement at all. Beta4 was much better, Apple definitely dropped the ball with this latest release.

Glad I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donw35 said:

@jmacie what system are you installing BS on, your sig looks like the top two should be fine

yes, Thanks I'm trying to install on the x99. I'm sure it's just one bit of code someone will figure out.

• Like 1

To rage some more how bad Beta5 is -

Spoiler

1367517985_Screenshot2020-08-28at12_50_57.png.19987182a19a0a6e930c78ddc5cb334d.png

I cannot check for updates anymore which is expected in a day or two. To enable an update check, I have to install the PublicBetaAccessUtillity.Dmg each time and then the option disappears once more. Beta5 is pure undiluted $h1t and was rushed released without any real fixes, or fixed a few and broke a dozen more. :frantics:

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hide contents

1367517985_Screenshot2020-08-28at12_50_57.png.19987182a19a0a6e930c78ddc5cb334d.png

I cannot check for updates anymore which is expected in a day or two. To enable an update check, I have to install the PublicBetaAccessUtillity.Dmg each time and then the option disappears once more. Beta5 is pure undiluted $h1t and was rushed released without any real fixes, or fixed a few and broke a dozen more. :frantics:

try to enable SIP in your config.plist and then try

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Alex Alex Alex!!!!! Man, im so happy now, its because im pass a few weeks trying install my e-token epass2003 and your SAVE MY YEAR MAN!!!

@Alex HQuest im so many thankful for you tell me this command, im ask help for many many people, in the forums and even Apple not could help me and you with your blessing intelligence save my all year!!! Oh boy, im eternity thankful for your BIG BIG BIG HELP!!! Im almost crying now man...so tired to looking for solution, and you save my YEAR!!! Now im will left Catalina and use only Big Sur!!

Oh my friend, so glad to much for your help!!! Im need ask for you, always need run this command, or just once time? Thanks a lot!!! :w00t:

Well, thanks, but I only shared what's in the Release Notes...

815742095_ScreenShot2020-08-28at8_55_51AM.png.e42d3f9dd4d94decbe8a26360bf8e0ad.png

Unless you find a way to make it permanent (which I wouldn't think is recommended), I would add it prior to launching any apps that doesn't work as intended.

About dyld cache file replacement, I don't think I'm able to help, as I don't do any file replacement on my system. But I would think you could rebuild the cache by yourself:

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force
sudo /usr/libexec/xpchelper --rebuild-cache

[Edit] Don't forget to restart macOS afterwards...

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Hide contents

Well, since you un-enrolled your beta off the developer program, the access utility will sort of get you back on track, but this tool is also "sort of" broken (it is not intended to run on Big Sur; see the post above this one about compatibility with 3rd party tools). Get your system re-enrolled by running the following command:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

This will fix it.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blu24 said:

I've noticed Beta 5 is very unstable to the point I have stopped using Big Sur.

Beta 1,2,3,4 worked great. 

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

It was an improvement for me. Beta 4 broke the AMD drivers for the Radeon 5700 cards to the point no videos were playable without a lot of persistence. Beta 5 fixed that. Plus, nothing that was not broken before got broken on this release, so I feel the lone happy wolf in this place :D

• Like 2

@feartech Sip fully enabled but will try again, @Alex HQuest I did re-enrolled my rig again but will also try again - Thank the gods I still have High Sierra and Catalina to play with since Big $hite don't want to play ball. :lol:

@Alex HQuest You're one of the lucky ones or maybe the only one :) can't wait to see what the next update brings to the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Concerning BS as a whole my opinion is the same as always it's really, really weird... but I like it, and although all the difficulties in installing it and configuring the boot loader I like the appearance and the working...

It has very flaws but with time apple will solve them...

PS: today I'm at work and I want your help to solve one more BS weirdness, one update already made don't desapear and I can't search for new updates, how do I solve this...?

I'm sorry to put this questions in this thread, and feel free to delete them if not appropriate....

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 14.50.27.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 14.51.00.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 14.54.49.png

Edited by MorenoAv

3 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Concerning BS as a whole my opinion is the same as always it's really, really weird... but I like it, and although all the difficulties in installing it and configuring the boot loader I like the appearance and the working...

It has very flaws but with time apple will solve them...

PS: today I'm at work and I want your help to solve one more BS weirdness, one update already made don't desapear and I can't search for new updates, how do I solve this...?

I'm sorry to put this questions in this thread, and feel free to delete them if not appropriate....

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 14.50.27.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-28, às 14.51.00.png

Have a look at the tips Alex HQuest and feartech posted, one may work for you, the one that solved my problem was Alex's.

• Like 1

How can I delete this entry from my menu. It is just a trace of some previous installation and it no longer works. Not even the nvram reset can eliminate it.

Menu.jpg

Edited by Allan
remove format

@MacWill There is a procedure that I can't remember where you have to show hidden files with an app, mount your drive and look for a particular file (Catalog Ref??????) and delete that which would then remove the errant volume from the boot menu. I hope my sketchy mumblings would prompt someone more knowledgeable and stop me from waffling on about the fix. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MacWill said:

How can I delete this entry from my menu. It is just a trace of some previous installation and it no longer works. Not even the nvram reset can eliminate it.

What do you see in Big Sur DiskUtility or Diskutil in Terminal ?

• Like 1