[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Антико said:

The fight with Big Sur continues)).  Now the bootloader startup stops at these lines.  What else could be the problem?

Some of your DSDT/SSDT files are incorrect - see the ACPI Error messages on the top of the screen.

If an ACPI error is found, macOS ignores that file completely. This can cause frameworks to not initialize and that turns into a snowball of other problems. Try fixing that first.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Некоторые из ваших файлов DSDT / SSDT неверны - см. Сообщения об ошибках ACPI в верхней части экрана.

Если обнаружена ошибка ACPI, macOS полностью игнорирует этот файл. Это может привести к тому, что фреймворки не инициализируются, и это превратится в снежный ком других проблем. Сначала попробуйте это исправить.

Thank you for the answer, but this did not solve the problem - the stop is still there.

Could you take a look at the log?

MVIMG_20200827_210304_compress35.jpg

opencore-2020-08-27-145934.txt

22 minutes ago, Антико said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7Thank you for the answer, but this did not solve the problem - the stop is still there.

Could you take a look at the log?

opencore-2020-08-27-145934.txt

I’m not an expert with X99 platforms, but I would begin removing all non-essential kexts from the OpenCore’s kexts injection. Leave Lilu, VirtualSMC and Whatevergreen on to start with, disable all others, and then add one by one - see which one makes any difference for better or worse.

Also, since the last message is about unable to allocate class IntelPchSeries, this extension is what controls your chipset and likely all other devices behind it - including disks and many other peripherals. I would try resolving that one first. Your CPU (Xeon e5-2640 v3) is a Haswell compatible unit; make sure you are following directions for that particular processor model.

Also, as you are loading macOS Install, keep in mind it takes a while to load certain components. Way longer than previous macOS versions. Alternatively, you could try to work with Catalina, since it is a more stable version than the current beta, and then work your way to make your system fully stable before you jump into Big Sur.

Sorry I could not help much more than that :(

27 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Leave Lilu, VirtualSMC and Whatevergreen on to start with, disable all others, and then add one by one - see which one makes any difference for better or worse.

I have tried to do this - to no avail. Catalina works stably, there is a problem with launching the Big Sur installation. Thank you for your time)

1 hour ago, Антико said:

I have tried to do this - to no avail. Catalina works stably, there is a problem with launching the Big Sur installation. Thank you for your time)

You require correct RTC and EC SSDTs which are suited to your motherboard. I ran into similar problem on X299 platform. Once I had those correct SSDTs, Big Sur was not even a basic challenge. Booted straight from USB installer. Sometimes, AWAC can be used instead of RTC. 
Start by stealing those files from people’s github page especially the ones having X99 chipset. Add then to OC’s config.plist one by one.

1 hour ago, d5aqoep said:

You require correct RTC and EC SSDTs which are suited to your motherboard. I ran into similar problem on X299 platform. Once I had those correct SSDTs, Big Sur was not even a basic challenge. Booted straight from USB installer. Sometimes, AWAC can be used instead of RTC. 
Start by stealing those files from people’s github page especially the ones having X99 chipset. Add then to OC’s config.plist one by one.

We went through the same deal with me and my x99. You even spend a generous hour of your time with my dsdt.aml making me ssdt-ec and it made no difference.There is no AWAC on x99 like on x299. I"ve begged and pleaded with @vit9696, @Pavo  @nmano to get involved to help us x99ers but it's going to take intervention either with Clover or when GM BigSur releases, to get help on reddit.

@Cclown98  is the only x99 I know that boots BigSur and he's not around to help us

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jmacie said:

We went through the same deal with me and my x99. You even spend a generous hour of your time with my dsdt.aml making me ssdt-ec and it made no difference.There is no AWAC on x99 like on x299. I"ve begged and pleaded with @vit9696, @Pavo  @nmano to get involved to help us x99ers but it's going to take intervention either with Clover or when GM BigSur releases, to get help on reddit.

For one I am not a X99 user and am no were near related to anything that involves Clover, I only use OpenCore and have been using OpenCore since its v0.0.1 release. Second, I am not aware of any request to get involved with this effort directly to me.

7 minutes ago, Pavo said:

For one I am not a X99 user and am no were near related to anything that involves Clover, I only use OpenCore and have been using OpenCore since its v0.0.1 release. Second, I am not aware of any request to get involved with this effort directly to me.

@Pavo

Edited by jmacie

3 minutes ago, jmacie said:

Ok this was related to OpenCore, not Clover that you specified above. Again that KP is related to IOPCIFamily.kext, which means you most likely lost your specific device-id support in that kext for BigSur. All you should have to do is look at the IOPCIFamily.kext Info.plist from both Catalina and BigSur and compare the IOPCIMatch device-ids its matching against and then spoof your device-id to a supported one, which can be done by Device Properties in the config or SSDTs.

@PavoAs I asked to your same original response that I never heard back from, I uploaded the info.plists for BigSur and Catalina IOPCIFamily.kext  to say that I did not see any device-id to change and you never responded. I upload again for help, Thanks. Above I was saying that Opencore wasn't helping and maybe future clover or reddit might help.

Info.plist

InfoBigSur.plist

2 minutes ago, jmacie said:

@PavoAs I asked to your same original response that I never heard back from, I uploaded the info.plists for BigSur and Catalina IOPCIFamily.kext  to say that I did not see any device-id to change and you never responded. I upload again for help, Thanks. Above I was saying that Opencore wasn't helping and maybe future clover or reddit might help.

Info.plist

InfoBigSur.plist

Again I am not a X99 user and do not have access to a X99 system to determine what device-ids a X99 system has to compare to the Info.plist file you have provided. This is something the end user (you) must do on your own. 

• Like 1

@Pavo I don't understand what to look for as you suggest, but I know at least 10 x99 user's so far stuck booting BigSur with opencore and maybe one of them can use the guidance you provided me, that I cannot understand and can put 2+2 together and help us all, or maybe Clover or reddit will help when BigSur proper goes live. Thanks for your time, johnm

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jmacie said:

He, and others like him, did not install from a usb media.  They deployed from under a virtual machine.  Yes, it is possible, but I think this is the wrong decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Антико said:

He, and others like him, did not install from a usb media.  They deployed from under a virtual machine.  Yes, it is possible, but I think this is the wrong decision.

I beg to disagree. Installing Big Sur using VMWare direct to a internal physical SSD is the same as installing using USB. It is a little bit faster and easier IMHO.

Hi guys, about Paragon NTFS, im find two way to install it on Big Sur:

1. Update BS from Catalina, still work fine (im have purchase serial)

or

2. Install from zip file in app.. Open DMG, in app right click mouse button, show package, in resources look for file named "product.zip" and extract wherever you want, double click in product.pkg file and run installation. Put your serial, reboot and enjoy it...

Im use Paragon-1091-PEU_MacInstallUnlock_15.5.106.dmg version. 

Captura de Tela 2020-08-27 às 20.21.57.png

Captura de Tela 2020-08-27 às 20.22.25.png

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

@Max.1974 did you tried to open the installer via Command line:

$ SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1 open ./Installer.app

? This forces the application to receive macOS 10.16.0 instead of macOS 11.0 as version.

Hi @Alex HQuest, thanks for share, its new command to me, but im will try this option!!! Thanks a lot my friend!!! :thumbsup_anim:

59 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi guys, about Paragon NTFS, im find two way to install it on Big Sur:

1. Update BS from Catalina, still work fine (im have purchase serial)

or

2. Install from zip file in app.. Open DMG, in app right click mouse button, show package, in resources look for file named "product.zip" and extract wherever you want, double click in product.pkg file and run installation. Put your serial, reboot and enjoy it...

Im use Paragon-1091-PEU_MacInstallUnlock_15.5.106.dmg version. 

Captura de Tela 2020-08-27 às 20.21.57.png

Captura de Tela 2020-08-27 às 20.22.25.png

Have you a download Link for this Paragon DMG file please ? i can not found in Google search Paragon-1091-PEU_MacInstallUnlock_15.5.106.dmg

1 minute ago, Max.1974 said:

Im will upload and send to you a link ok? But is fine if you have trial version with serial too on paragon website...

yes is ok, i happy... i can not found a trial or Testversion on Paragon website for NTFS on Big Sur.

• Like 1