[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

no matter what I do: I never got update for Big Sur within "Software Updates". Not from beta 1 to beta 2, beta 2 to beta 3, beta 3 to beta 4 or now from beta 4 to beta 5.

Always have to download full installer within Mac app store and have to do a complete clean install.

what's wrong with my system? running on ASUS x299 SAGE/10G with latest openCore 0.61 and latest compiled kexts with Pavos OCBuilder Tool.

If your SIP is disabled, the updates won't show up... i had to reenable SIP to receive updates... According to Apple's release notes: "You might be unable to update macOS Big Sur 11 beta 5, if Secure Boot is set to No Security. (63434409)"

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

If your SIP is disabled, the updates won't show up... i had to reenable SIP to receive updates... According to Apple's release notes: "You might be unable to update macOS Big Sur 11 beta 5, if Secure Boot is set to No Security. (63434409)"

I don't think that's a definite because mine is disabled and I had no problem with the update apart from the Named Disk reverting to the name Preboot which is now fixed after a 'First Aid' run and a reboot.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't think that's a definite because mine is disabled and I had no problem with the update apart from the Named Disk reverting to the name Preboot which is now fixed after a 'First Aid' run and a reboot.

Nice. Just reporting my experience on prior betas. 

• Like 1

Update made OC 0.6.1, this time the things went smooth and fast... all is working except the appearance of the famous PreBoot...

PS: And the recurring problem of brightness slider that is greyed from beta 1 until beta 5 ...

Anyone has any ideas how to solve this?

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-20, às 00.11.59.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-08-20, às 00.16.04.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

Still stuck on the same KP on beta 5. I have asked here before, and would appreciate someone steering me to a knowledgeable person who might help me iron this problem out. It is NOT the ssdt-ec.I have built, from Dortania, two other OC bootloaders that work, one with Big Sur beta 5. My issue is with my Asus x99 i7-6800k Thank you, johnm

5E2A0E3F-9E73-4D69-B891-6FB6CA472605_1_105_c.jpeg

Still stuck on the same KP on beta 5. I have asked here before, and would appreciate someone steering me to a knowledgeable person who might help me iron this problem out. It is NOT the ssdt-ec.I have built, from Dortania, two other OC bootloaders that work, one with Big Sur beta 5. My issue is with my Asus x99 i7-6800k Thank you, johnm

3 minutes ago, jmacie said:

5E2A0E3F-9E73-4D69-B891-6FB6CA472605_1_105_c.jpeg

add smcgen=1

1 hour ago, dzontra said:

The update went smoothly.

I was expecting to find Big Sur Beta App inside Applications folder to create an USB installer from it, like I always do but it wasn't there. Is it just me or?

Only full download app with another system, like Catalina. On Big Sur, just update from System Preferences. 

20A5354g.png

32 minutes ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Im trying to update but progress bar not moving. just restarted pc now downloading

Its normal have issues, even my MBA im not get it at first...need patience, and try again... B)

4 minutes ago, Антико said:

I'm next), now downloading beta 5. We'll see if we can get lucky with her.

I don't seem to be able to get my point across. I've been at this for 6 weeks and now I'm asking for anyone to point me to someone who I might ask

4 minutes ago, Антико said:

I'm next), now downloading beta 5. We'll see if we can get lucky with her.

I don't seem to be able to get my point across. I've been at this for 6 weeks and now I'm asking for anyone to point me to someone who I might ask

2 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Try talk to @MaLd0n hes is a Master on make this works!!! 

I already have, he doesn't know