[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Just report Mini PCI wifi DW 1820A combo WIFI Bluethoot-4.1 works perfect in BS :D

Reveal hidden contents

Uhuuu! Now I can use mine without worries

And hey, it's not a Mini PCI, but a M.2/NGFF format :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

To remove the snapshot i used the following procedure, the system volume un my case is MacOs

Reveal hidden contents

Disable-Snapshots.thumb.jpg.980f4f1356867e170b8ee94b1b2d78e5.jpg

Thanks for your reply which whilst appreciated doesn't solve the issue that I am currently in, I am logged in with Admin, but clearly even with authenticated root disabled and being able to mount i am still not able to carry out the final delete of the snapshot

5 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

Sealed volumes (snapshots) 

failing to get a result the difficulty is the mount -uw /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ how do i do this with the settings below my disk label is BigSur or do i use the disk id? 

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 16.38.29.png

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 16.51.08.png

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 17.05.18.png

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 17.10.37.png

after type: diskutil mountDisk disk3s5    you not need use sudo.

just type: mount -uw /Volumes/BigSur

after that: /System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v /Volumes/BigSur -r ""

and them: diskutil apfs listSnapshots /Volumes/BigSur

and for exemple: 

diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot /Volumes/BigSur -uuid DD99DFC1-7FA2-4B1E-9F75-04380B0AFCA4

reboot

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Uhuuu! Now I can use mine without worries

And hey, it's not a Mini PCI, but a M.2/NGFF format :D

I am using the card with this :D ➤ PCE-AC55BT B1 because its a Intel 8260 inside :P and my test for Intel wifi is finish :hysterical:

DONE! :lol:

Edited by chris1111
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

after type: diskutil mountDisk disk3s5    you not need use sudo.

just type: mount -uw /Volumes/BigSur

after that: /System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v /Volumes/BigSur -r ""

and them: diskutil apfs listSnapshots /Volumes/BigSur

and for exemple: 

diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot /Volumes/BigSur -uuid DD99DFC1-7FA2-4B1E-9F75-04380B0AFCA4

reboot

Thanks Max I am not sure what is going on I get an un recognised error using the above, it doesnt like  mount -uw/Volumes/BigSur

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 00.25.05.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzylogic said:

Thanks Max I am not sure what is going on I get an un recognised error using the above, it doesnt like  mount -uw/Volumes/BigSur

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 00.25.05.png

Im saw that you have a issue that. You have 2 partition at same size. Try boot up in recovery mode and using Disk Utility delete "com.apple.os.update" disk3s5s1" (im never see this before).

Or you will need make fresh install again and delete all. 

1415601411_Screenshot2020-08-18at16_38_29.png.631de40f80c554a7fe6e7172867dd7cf.png

5 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

Thanks for your reply which whilst appreciated doesn't solve the issue that I am currently in, I am logged in with Admin, but clearly even with authenticated root disabled and being able to mount i am still not able to carry out the final delete of the snapshot

I performed the procedure from another MacOs installation, maybe it works if you do it from the recovery console

Edited by DarkNeptune0

19 hours ago, asdesoso said:

I found the problem, it was FastBoot, because two weeks ago, I did a BIOS reset, and I forget to disable this feature.

After disabling this, my laptop boots in 1 minute, very quickly.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Can you share your installer EFI sir. I have the same laptop 2570p.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, mnfesq said:

TA-DA!!!!!

Spoiler

Finder.thumb.jpg.13917d96216e601a40dae5f89e145314.jpg

Want to know what made Big Sur detect my internal drives?

Reveal hidden contents

I installed the VoodooI2C kexts -- VoodooI2C.zip

I have been having problems with my trackpad in Big Sur so I thought I would try the I2C kexts to see if that would help.  It didn't help my trackpad but it sure found my internal drives.  Interestingly, they are detected in disk utility as external drives.  Nonetheless, they are finally there.  Hope this works for the rest of you.

@mnfesq

Nice find indeed, I was also having the same issue on HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Skylake). Using your find fixed my issue a few weeks ago too. 

I'm not sure if you or anyone having the same issue are aware, but Dortania has provided a solution to fix this issue. If your system don't have an I2C device as mine don't, you could replace it with ctlnaAHCIPort instead. It also display the correct description for Sata / Sata express under system information (Intel 10 Series Chipset rather than Generic chipset).

Edited by Jake Lo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, matgeo said:

It says Read-only file system. And I'm getting error wen try to mount rw.

You need look fusion71aus tutorial to delete snapshot from volume, and use "Make my disk readwriting" app and try again.  

csrutil authenticated-root disable

Not need restart , just going with commands...restatr at final

18 minutes ago, matgeo said:

It says Read-only file system. And I'm getting error wen try to mount rw.

try

sudo kextcache -i /

Spoiler

1048047990_ScreenShot2020-08-19at4_16_44PM.png.388663e2bdc2a9ac0a66a2caa477d6a3.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

no matter what I do: I never got update for Big Sur within "Software Updates". Not from beta 1 to beta 2, beta 2 to beta 3, beta 3 to beta 4 or now from beta 4 to beta 5.

Always have to download full installer within Mac app store and have to do a complete clean install.

what's wrong with my system? running on ASUS x299 SAGE/10G with latest openCore 0.61 and latest compiled kexts with Pavos OCBuilder Tool.

Edited by Mork vom Ork
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

no matter what I do: I never got update for Big Sur within "Software Updates". Not from beta 1 to beta 2, beta 2 to beta 3, beta 3 to beta 4 or now from beta 4 to beta 5.

Always have to download full installer within Mac app store and have to do a complete clean install.

what's wrong with my system? running on ASUS x299 SAGE/10G with latest openCore 0.61 and latest compiled kexts with Pavos OCBuilder Tool.

You have to wait about 3/4 minutes and its appears to download