[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, chris1111 said:

This is normal you have to wait at the end and its reboot 

Big Sur BETA IS  WAIT WAIT WAIT :whistle:

It has been rebooted, after waiting 10 - 15 minutes, in Forcing CS_RUNTIME, here there was SSD activity. But after that, after select Preboot volume, I stuck into the previous photo without vsmcgen=1.

Furthermore, Recovery 11.0 Volume is fine, I can boot it.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, asdesoso said:

It has been rebooted, after waiting 10 - 15 minutes, in Forcing CS_RUNTIME, here there was SSD activity. But after that, after select Preboot volume, I stuck into the previous photo without vsmcgen=1.

Furthermore, Recovery 11.0 Volume is fine, I can boot it.

Cheers.

This is strange, I never see this if passing Forcing CS_RUNTIME the rest is done quickly.

12 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

This is strange, I never see this if passing Forcing CS_RUNTIME the rest is done quickly.

Yes, is very strange, therefore, I asked you, if you can post your EFI folder from your ProBook 6570B, because I don´t know what to do more, and what´s the problem.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Yes, is very strange, therefore, I asked you, if you can post your EFI folder from your ProBook 6570B, because I don´t know what to do more, and what´s the problem.

Cheers.

I told you before my EFI is create from the program like you and its not diferant

I will post my EFI without my DSDT because it doesn't work for you

EFI.zip

12 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I told you before my EFI is create from the program like you and its not diferant

I will post my EFI without my DSDT because it doesn't work for you

EFI.zip

Thank you, I will try it.

Cheers

Edit : I have the same problem with your EFI, as I imagine. So the problem could be by the BIOS version? In my 2570P I have F.73 version.

Edited by asdesoso
Same problem

17 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Thank you, I will try it.

Cheers

Edit : I have the same problem with your EFI, as I imagine. So the problem could be by the BIOS version? In my 2570P I have F.73 version.

probably yes?

4 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

probably yes?

I found the problem, it was FastBoot, because two weeks ago, I did a BIOS reset, and I forget to disable this feature.

After disabling this, my laptop boots in 1 minute, very quickly.

Thank you.

Cheers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

I found the problem, it was FastBoot, because two weeks ago, I did a BIOS reset, and I forget to disable this feature.

After disabling this, my laptop boots in 1 minute, very quickly.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Post a Picture of BigSur desktop please

Whats not work ?

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Whats not work ?

I read very carefully your guide in GitHub again, and I saw that FastBoot must be disabled, and I remembered that 2 weeks ago I did a BIOS reset, and I supposed that FastBoot comes enabled by default, so I disabled it, and voila. Here is my 2570P´s Desktop.

Cheers.

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-18 a las 16.43.04.png

ACPI, IGPU, Audio, Ethernet, Sleep are working. WiFi not because I have an Atheros AR9280, I don´t know if it´s supported on Big Sur, but there is no problem, because my 2570P is connected through Ethernet. Bluetooth and SD Card Reader I didn´t tested it, because I didn´t need it.

Cheers.

Edited by asdesoso
  • Like 1

Big Sur B4 is stable. But in part is because was missing many Unix executable from libraries like dylib files and cache from dyld folders. Many Frameworks was inative, and this is cause stable, because ARM files are presente in /System/Library/dyld on Beta 4. 

Captura de Tela 2020-08-18 às 11.49.09.png

Edited by Max.1974

14 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

I read very carefully your guide in GitHub again, and I saw that FastBoot must be disabled, and I remembered that 2 weeks ago I did a BIOS reset, and I supposed that FastBoot comes enabled by default, so I disabled it, and voila. Here is my 2570P´s Desktop.

Cheers.

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-18 a las 16.43.04.png

ACPI, IGPU, Audio, Ethernet, Sleep are working. WiFi not because I have an Atheros AR9280, I don´t know if it´s supported on Big Sur, but there is no problem, because my 2570P is connected through Ethernet. Bluetooth and SD Card Reader I didn´t tested it, because I didn´t need it.

Cheers.

Efectively the Fast boot activate its not working
You can see here some people enable Atheros wifi but for me I use a BCM compatible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Whats not work ?

How can I run Windows 10, without ACPI BIOS ERROR, because when I select Windows 10 from OpenCore, it gives me a Blue Screen, I read that is for the DSDT.aml, but how to bypass.

3 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

How can I run Windows 10, without ACPI BIOS ERROR, because when I select Windows 10 from OpenCore, it gives me a Blue Screen, I read that is for the DSDT.aml, but how to bypass.

If your windows is UEFI that's not a problem, I boot Windows UEFI without issue with OpenCore

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

Sealed volumes (snapshots) 

failing to get a result the difficulty is the mount -uw /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ how do i do this with the settings below my disk label is BigSur or do i use the disk id? 

To remove the snapshot i used the following procedure, the system volume un my case is MacOs

Spoiler

Disable-Snapshots.thumb.jpg.980f4f1356867e170b8ee94b1b2d78e5.jpg

7 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

It will likely work; if it doesn't, try this on a command prompt: open macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1497794093

Thanks.  Is there a way to check what version of the installer/OS-beta has been downloaded using this method....?

Edited by dehjomz

19 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

It will likely work; if it doesn't, try this on a command prompt: open macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1497794093

Thanks, the script shows this currently...

可選擇下載的版本 Available version to downlaod:

[ 0 ] 2020-08-04 20:39:01 .. 001-34223 .. 11.0.20A5343i macOS Big Sur Beta

選擇要下載的版本 Select one version to downlaod: 

1301096793_Screenshot2020-08-18at21_23_39.thumb.png.085126a8e11d2cb74150cd3468eb90b2.png

Edited by D-an-W