[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jmacie said:

I am only trying to boot my BigSur installer with opencore, which I cannot do. It boots Catalina. I spent time following the guide. I'm trying to learn and I understand your point, but unless I ask why Dortania says it, I won't know.  I get that my ignorance shows, but unless I follow someones guide Dortania in this case, I have ask to have things handed to me and I was cured of that by Rehabman

It took me 31 days to figure out the problem I was having that prevented me from booting to Big Sur.  Lots of people tried to help me but, ultimately, I had to figure it out for myself.  No one was able to know what was going on with my laptop but me.  Don't give up just keep on coming up with new ways not to boot to Big Sur until you find the one way that does.

4 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

All my respect to @MaLd0n work by the way 

Hey

Yes. Work good too, is just one meme for fun . Rehabman, daliansky for example made all work with this way and have a full solution with many renames, inject new devices, etc.   

is about "don't use dsdt or don't use ssdt", is a non-sense words ;) we can

Just Enjoy, guys! 

Let's back to macos big sur topic.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Kinda off topic sorry, but is anyone on a laptop using a SSDT for brightness keys?

I don't need a DSDT for my machine and all else is working besides brightness keys and AppleBusPowerController in Big Sur.

I only use SSDT and my brightness keys work, I can send my EFI if it helps

• Like 2

12 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

Welcome. I hope you managed to boot into Big Sur. 90% of boot problems here are related to EC SSDT. Big Sure is more finicky about ACPI. Most motherboard manufacturers are breaking ACPI spec and this is the root cause.

Compiling SSDT is as simple as opening SSDT.dsl file in MaciASL, editing the required lines and saving it as SSDT.aml. It is compiled at the time of save.

No, I make a fresh manual SSDT-ec and it is the same Kernel panic. Works in Catalina not BigSur

5 hours ago, jmacie said:

I'm trying to understand why Dortania says over and over NOT to use a DSDT, and many do use DSDT in opencore, including you and MaLd0n

Hi my friend @jmacie just try, if not works, try again... im just use my compiled DSDT usually for Clover, at almost same "language" and works. Not be afraid, take some time to try and could be fun. 

Im always call @MaLd0n to fined tune. But before that we suffering to put hardware to boot up macOs. Take a little risks, im sure you get it progress, like many...

Here, my hacks works nice, im not used if not works. Technical language not even right, like reason even always right in front of passion...hack is passion, unless to me...good luck!!! :D 

In all honesty I would prefer to use the full patched DSDT from [mention]MaLd0n [/mention]as I trust his work and he does a good job but with all due respect the lack of being able to boot windows through OC (ACPI_BIOS_ERROR) has steered me towards using SSDT’s. I know this will leave ACPI errors when booting macOS but having my laptop / hacks boot all OS’s without using bios boot key is a must for me to keep my PC’s as wife friendly as possible. If I knew how, where and what to add to avoid the windows error I would do it as I do not expect all work to be done for me. Anyway let’s get back on topic that’s just my 2 cents. Keep pushing guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok with the help of @DarkNeptune0 i now have my brightness keys working via SSDT.

The only remaining issue i have in Big Sur is AppleBusPowerController does not load and therefor i have no USB power properties. It loads in Catalina.

Attaching ioreg and EFI minus resources folder for size.

EFI.zip

Shane’s MacBook Pro.zip

• Like 1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]1970682480_2020-08-1613_28_40.thumb.png.49fa204ea0e76c19003373b8dad42cde.png

Thanks for that. I’ve been asking about this “problem” for a while now thinking USB power wasn’t working and now to find out it has been this whole time. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Dear experts. Please help me solve the problem with installing Big Sur. I haven't been able to install it on a separate disk partition for several weeks. Catalina with this config is started, I try to start installation of Big Sur-panic. Where am I wrong? Perhaps you could show me the right way - I would be very grateful!

opencore-2020-08-16-163047.txt

MVIMG_20200816_220356_compress82.jpg

config.plist

11 minutes ago, manmo71 said:
  Показать скрытое содержимое

@ АнтикоЯ не уверен, в чем может быть проблема, вы можете попробовать одно. Сохраните минимум kexts, может быть просто LiLu.kext и VirtualSMC.kext, и посмотрите, поможет ли это.

В качестве альтернативы вы можете попробовать FakeSMC вместо VirtualSMC, чтобы проверить, работает ли это.

I tried various options-without success. But in any case - thank you for the advice!

7 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

Can somebody compile for me the latest lilu + weg + virtual smc. Thanks

Here You go dude..

Essential Kexts compiled Sunday 16th Aug 2020 

• USBInjectAll.kext (Sniki Fork)
  • XHCI-unsupported.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

OpenCore 0.6.1 compiled Sunday 16th Aug 2020

Essential-Kexts-2020-08-16 13.46.33.zip