[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Kevin... Maybe  update to the very latest OC version 0.6.1 also kexts versions specially Lilu.kext?

Thanks, but now I don’t have any access to Mac.....the only platform is left is windows....if you don’t mind can you please share the latest build or any help to build on windows...thanks mate

30 minutes ago, Kevin... said:

Thanks, but now I don’t have any access to Mac.....the only platform is left is windows....if you don’t mind can you please share the latest build or any help to build on windows...thanks mate

There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube how to install OS X with a Windows p/c which includes how to make the usb installer.

Edited by eSaF

2 hours ago, Kevin... said:

Hi, anyone can please help me...I’m stuck here after updating to beta4....the efi was working well in beta3...I don’t know how to pass through this error...

E8BDDE25-D408-4CEA-A63C-6644B4ACCCD8.jpeg

@Kevin... I seems like a problem with old version of kexts.  Update all your kexts to the latest in your EFI, clear NVRAM and try booting...

Here is the latest build of OC with kexts compiled using OCBuilder.

Release_With_Kext_OCBuilder_Completed.zip

Edited by manmo71
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, eSaF said:

There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube how to install OS X with a Windows p/c which includes how to make the usb installer.

Yeah...my point is how I can compile latest OC and kext in Windows....I only need efi folder 

7 minutes ago, Kevin... said:

Yeah...my point is how I can compile latest OC and kext in Windows....I only need efi folder 

I have updated my previous post with the latest compiled version of OC with kexts, download from there and use it...

Edited by manmo71
missing words
  • Like 1

Hi guys. 

Just a heads up about the latest OC 0.6.1 and its new default security settings: the "Default" setting in config.plist/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel prevented booting of Big Sur Recovery (and Ubuntu 20.04) on my system  ---> immediate reboots.

Had to set this to "Disabled" before everything started working again...

Spoiler

869109029_SecureBootModelsettoDisabled.thumb.png.9c0337eff1e82e63d8e16e0a633f30d9.png

No such issues with 0.6.0.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Hi guys, im wish ask for who can help me with this BIG ISSUE in Big Sur Beta 4. IN Beta 1 and 2 works nice my e-token epass2003 with Java Application. But my work depend on this and im wish if someone could give me a hand with how im start to know why works on previews beta and now not working anymore. Is that a command or program to show what is missing on Library or something I can do for fix that? Thanks a lot, im ask here because its my home since 2009 from Hacks!!! ^_^

Thank you all!!! 

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/657046 

Captura de Tela 2020-08-11 às 00.25.00.png

Edited by Max.1974

10 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Hi guys. 

Just a heads up about the latest OC 0.6.1 and its new default security settings: the "Default" setting in config.plist/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel prevented booting of Big Sur Recovery (and Ubuntu 20.04) on my system  ---> immediate reboots.

Had to set this to "Disabled" before everything started working again...

Reveal hidden contents

869109029_SecureBootModelsettoDisabled.thumb.png.9c0337eff1e82e63d8e16e0a633f30d9.png

No such issues with 0.6.0.

Thanks a lot @fusion71au What do you think about news other keys introduced by OC 0.6.1 in Security section ? I follow Differences.pdf but I'm not sure if I make a mistake or not. What are the right settings in yours opinion.

Edited by Matgen84

14 hours ago, vit9696 said:

Recovery loading with non-zero ApECID is not yet implemented. Please be patient, the new stuff is in flux at the moment.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks a lot @fusion71au What do you think about news other keys introduced by OC 0.6.1 in Security section ? I follow Differences.pdf but I'm not sure if I make a mistake or not. What are the right settings in yours opinion.

Hard to say what are the "right" settings for these new features when @vit9696 says they aren't even fully ready or functional yet :).

Normally, I just use Sample.plist as the template for my config.plist, whenever there is a new version of OC (and hope these defaults work!).  Like you, I read the Differences.pdf to try to understand what these new settings mean --> change defaults when problems arise eg system not booting.

PS You can run ocvalidate from ver 0.6.0 on Sample.plist of 0.6.1 to quickly see the changes introduced in 0.6.1...

fusion71aus-Pro:~ fusion71au$ /Users/fusion71au/Downloads/OpenCore/OpenCore-0.6.0-DEBUG/Utilities/ocvalidate/ocvalidate /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta/Opencore\ Configs/OpenCore-0.6.1-DEBUG/Docs/Sample.plist 
OCS: No schema for ApECID at 2 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for DmgLoading at 5 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for SecureBootModel at 9 index, context <Security>!
OCS: No schema for AppleImg4Verification at 6 index, context <ProtocolOverrides>!
OCS: No schema for AppleSecureBoot at 9 index, context <ProtocolOverrides>!
Done checking /Volumes/Install macOS Big Sur Beta/Opencore Configs/OpenCore-0.6.1-DEBUG/Docs/Sample.plist in 1 ms

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fusion71au said:

Hard to say what are the "right" settings for these new features when @vit9696 says they aren't even fully ready or functional yet :).

Normally, I just use Sample.plist as the template for my config.plist, whenever there is a new version of OC (and hope these defaults work!).  Like you, I read the Differences.pdf to try to understand what these new settings mean --> change defaults when problems arise eg system not booting.

PS You can run ocvalidate from ver 0.6.0 on Sample.plist of 0.6.1 to quickly see the changes introduced in 0.6.1...

Thanks @fusion71au I use the same procedure to update/validate my config.plist. Maybe in the future commits, we will learn more about the new features :)

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:46 PM, LIMITANT said:

That's true 100% .. I'm a clover user from so long time .. and OC is not comfortable for me till this moment.. maybe because i want to try BS on this machine I'm doing all this effort.

I think i have to wait till BS official release , Slice still have enough time to adapt Clover for BS with other Devs. and genius testers ...

Everything will be fine and easy 

I think it's great that @slide should make the Clover fully functional again for Big Sur.

I've also been using Clover for a very long time, and for me Open Core is just a stopgap to test Big Sur.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

I think it's great that @slide should make the Clover fully functional again for Big Sur.

I've also been using Clover for a very long time, and for me Open Core is just a stopgap to test Big Sur.

It's a bit difficult to get used to at the beginning, but man, when you get used to it you discover what a real hackintosh is. Clover is completely {censored} for me since I used OC.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

@fusion71au @Matgen84 right now the safest setting for OC 0.6.1-dev is to set ApECID=0 and SafeBootMode=Disabled (versus “Default” or any custom value).

Thanks :) Do you keep DmgLoading to Signed (Default setting) !

Sorry for OFF-TOPIC

Edited by Matgen84

@SavageAUS Desktop, but it doesn't matter if it's a laptop or desktop. Since Catalina AppleBusPowerController attaches to IORTC. EC device is not necessary for it to load anymore. Nothing changed about that in Big Sur.

Edited by CMMChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CMMChris said:
[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] Desktop, but it doesn't matter if it's a laptop or desktop. Since Catalina AppleBusPowerController attaches to IORTC. EC device is not necessary for it to load anymore. Nothing changed about that in Big Sur.

Yeah it’s strange, it loads and I can see it in Catalina but not in Big Sur beta 4, not sure about older betas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, LIMITANT said:

You are so genius,

I have a Dell Latop and more than a month i can't make it to install BS .. and I gave up finally 

Congrats .. 

If you really want to have BS on your HP, try this:
1. Install Catalina google "guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch"
2. Make Catalina work with OC (identify kext from L/E you need to move to OC, use Rehabman ssdts + what ssdt you need more - for sound I need to make ssdt-hpet)
3. Use https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/tree/master/clover-conversion step by step to adapt Rehabman Clover to OC.
4. Update OC and kexts to latest. I use https://github.com/Pavo-IM/ocbuilder/releases
5. Install BS from inside or USB.

If you can't see Mac partition in OC, use apfsdriverloader.efi driver and disable enablejumpstart.
Some pages behind, you have my EFi. It can inspire you.
Good luck!

My latest OC folder:

ivybridgeOC.zip

Edited by Stefanalmare
Please don't post links to TonyMac. SRY!