[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

Guys I need your help please! following all open core guides and really pay attention to all but the boot always stuck on "AppleNVME assert failed error" no mater what I do...any idea what it can be?

googling it will not give me any Big Sur  solutions and the other solutions are not fixing my issue...:(

37 minutes ago, ergot said:

Guys I need your help please! following all open core guides and really pay attention to all but the boot always stuck on "AppleNVME assert failed error" no mater what I do...any idea what it can be?

googling it will not give me any Big Sur  solutions and the other solutions are not fixing my issue...:(

Are you check if you make a update firmware of your Nvme? Is it compatible? Are you try installed with SATA SSD? 

Edited by Max.1974

1 minute ago, Max.1974 said:

Are you check if you make a update of your Nvme? Is it compatible? 

Samsung Pro 950 should be OK right? I think its more related to some kext or boot args, maybe I'm wrong I don't know :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone

I solved the problem to enable audio in Big Sur with Opencore, thanks to my friend gengik84 for solving the problem by applying DSDT activation of my motherboard ..

Another mystery that has not been solved with opencore because using the "alcid" procedure it does not detect the audio card, while with Clover it does not happen ..

Now it works in Fullprofilo Big Sur.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, corint1 said:

how solve problem with trackpad on laptops ? old voodooI2C and dependinces dont work ... can tell me anyone how to solve this issue ?

Does your trackpad work at all?  What type is it? Synaptics?  Elan?  Using VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2 combined enabled me to get the trackpad preference pane to open.  After that, I needed to uncheck the box for "Force click and haptic feedback" and my trackpad worked perfectly.

11 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Does your trackpad work at all?  What type is it? Synaptics?  Elan?  Using VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2 combined enabled me to get the trackpad preference pane to open.  After that, I needed to uncheck the box for "Force click and haptic feedback" and my trackpad worked perfectly.

dont work ....voodooI2c dont load ...last version withib catalina work with 2.2 version ...I2c with CHID

15 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I still do not know what trackpad you have.  Version 2.2 is old.  Try these kexts:

Trackpad Kexts.zip

dont work ...voodooIc2 kext dont load ...

1457615214_Screenshot2020-08-02at23_32_51.png.d97bc9c2baf0407ad67d5ee94f4c2a9c.png

last working version was 2.2 ...nor in catalina new versions dont work ...kext dont load ...nor in OC , nor in CLOVER ...need some patch ?

Edited by corint1

2 hours ago, corint1 said:

dont work ...voodooIc2 kext dont load ...

last working version was 2.2 ...nor in catalina new versions dont work ...kext dont load ...nor in OC , nor in CLOVER ...need some patch ?

Try rebuilding your kext cache.  If it's not something easy like that, you have a problem that no one but you (or someone with the same laptop) will be able to solve.

Edited by mnfesq

Anyone with a laptop having issues with lid sleep? I am yet to check Catalina but in Big Sur lid sleep isn’t working, pmset -g shows no reason. Screen brightness and power management are both implemented. USB ports are mapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ergot said:

Did you try NVMeFix.kext ?

14 minutes ago, OrpheusInHell said:

Did you try NVMeFix.kext ?

I have same case like that, I've tried nvmefix.kext but nothing's changed. Is it possible of nvme pci aspm not set to 0x00? 

11 hours ago, ludox said:

Hello everyone

I solved the problem to enable audio in Big Sur with Opencore, thanks to my friend gengik84 for solving the problem by applying DSDT activation of my motherboard ..

Another mystery that has not been solved with opencore because using the "alcid" procedure it does not detect the audio card, while with Clover it does not happen ..

Now it works in Fullprofilo Big Sur.

I had a similar problem and it was solved with the latest versions of lilu k AppleAlc kext +reset nvram.

Archive.zip

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windowless31 said:

After a clean installation of Beta 3, Lulu Firewall cannot be installed.
In Beta 1, the tool could still be installed and will still work after the Beta 3 update.169846341_Bildschirmfoto2020-08-03um12_14_33.png.db9800a90b32714a3f63d4981819dc52.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

I have it running. wasn't an issue.

20 minutes ago, windowless31 said:

Strange.
On the pc (installed in beta1 and updated to beta3, it works too.
On the laptop with clean-installation beta 3 I get the install error.

Same here, not working on clean install of Beta3!

Surely it's need to be updated.

• Thanks 1