[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, mick3lson said:

Puoi spiegare quali sono i passaggi per creare due partizioni efi sullo stesso disco, provo a installare il triplo avvio con Windows 10 Big Sur e Ubuntu Linux con bootloader a cielo aperto, Clover non ha alcun problema a gestire tre partizioni con tre sistemi operativi sullo stesso disco .

plan and prepare the disc first, but you can also do it in the process of work.
With GParted or PartedMagic or similar applications, in addition to the traditional EFI 200Mb FAT32, you create other primary partitions of 200 or 300MB FAT32 with boot/esp flags (otherwise they are not EFI and would not start anything) and as a label you can call them EFI1 EFI2 EFI3 etc....
In these EFI you can arrange the bootloaders you prefer, and if the BIOS does not natively recognize the entries, they can easily be added with a LivePE and BOOTICE, or directly from windows always with BOOTICE

PS: These EFi you can allocate in a row side by side, or place each one next to the designated OS, both solutions are fine.
Clover and the BIOS start everything smoothly.... OC, on the other hand, struggles more

Edited by iCanaro
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TrickyHunter said:

Just to report on this one. The temporary solution is to change SMBIOS to MacPro7,1 (instead of iMacPro1,1 or iMac19,1) and use agdpmod=ignore (instead of agdpmod=pikera) in the boot args. This solution is mentioned in the OpenCore guide at here (search for Black screen after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLock... on Navi).

Now, I'm not sure this is the proper fix to be honest. But for now it'd work for beta 3 and hopefully it'd be fixed by the new WhateverGreen.

FYI, @Alex HQuest

More on this one. TL;DR: I spoke too soon. This only reduces the chance of black screen to about 25%. But it still happens. I managed to get some logs from the Console.app when this happens:

Basically the below error appears in Console, and it appears hundreds of times per minutes.

WindowServer [ERROR] - Unable to find display pipe for IOFB service

Google the error gives me links to a lot of DisplayLink posts unrelated to Hackintosh at all. I have a feeling maybe in this case it's the beta 3 that has issues?

@TrickyHunter I know having two different video cards on OS X historically had odd results, and sometimes these are seen even on Windows... I still would recommend, at least for a troubleshooting exercise, you to remove your Ti card and whichever way you use to disable this Ti card, leaving only the XT card in the system, and then go from there.

I would not rule the VBIOS either - sometimes some enhancements causes those oddities. Which is why I personally opt for the reference models (while using a water block to make them dead silent). Last but not least, check if there is an updated VBIOS for yours and give that a try. Wouldn't hurt if done correctly.

since it seems slow 'til next beta, is there anyone who might take a look at my OC config.plist and debug txt on my Asus x99. On verbose it stops at pci configuration begin. I have never had an opencore for this board and it's getting hopeless over here. Thanks for any info, johnm      I have gone through Dortania troubleshooting

config.plist

opencore-2020-07-31-202427.txt

Broadwell-E   OC 0.6.0     Good in sanity check

Asus x99 pro usb3.1 i7-6800k Msi Radeon RX480

Edited by jmacie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jmacie said:

since it seems slow 'til next beta, is there anyone who might take a look at my OC config.plist and debug txt on my Asus x99. On verbose it stops at pci configuration begin. I have never had an opencore for this board and it's getting hopeless over here. Thanks for any info, johnm      I have gone through Dortania troubleshooting

config.plist

opencore-2020-07-31-202427.txt

Broadwell-E   OC 0.6.0     Good in sanity check

Asus x99 pro usb3.1 i7-6800k Msi Radeon RX480

Are you try install ? You need put this args on Nvram

Nvram plist OC.jpg

• Like 1

@Max.1974 Thank you for this info, but I'm still stuck at pci configuration begin. I apologise for being off topic, and appreciate you helping. I'm going to keep trying with this new info you gave me. I may just go to Catalina to try to build a 0.5.9 install to get a bootloader working for my motherboard, then move forward.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:36 PM, pico joe said:

used the @fusion71au methods to snapshots disabled, and follow step by step 

success story :D

pico@picos-iMac / % sw_vers

ProductName:    macOS
ProductVersion:    11.0
BuildVersion:    20A5323l
pico@picos-iMac / % kextstat | grep AirPort
   74    0 0xffffff8001e64000 0x127000   0x127000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (700.74.5) 9753F22E-5C85-3E95-B543-0870CF03838A <73 43 14 8 6 5 3 1>
pico@picos-iMac / %

can you please write to me how you got this TP Link WDN 4800 with Open Core 0.6 up and running in Big Sure?
In Catalina 10.15.6, even with Open Core 0.6, it runs flawlessly.
I also have this WLAN card in my Hacki.

11 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

@TrickyHunter I know having two different video cards on OS X historically had odd results, and sometimes these are seen even on Windows... I still would recommend, at least for a troubleshooting exercise, you to remove your Ti card and whichever way you use to disable this Ti card, leaving only the XT card in the system, and then go from there.

I would not rule the VBIOS either - sometimes some enhancements causes those oddities. Which is why I personally opt for the reference models (while using a water block to make them dead silent). Last but not least, check if there is an updated VBIOS for yours and give that a try. Wouldn't hurt if done correctly.

Yeah, I know man. It's possible that the Ti is causing issues. I'm a bit too lazy to do that simply because I really need the Ti there for Windows so even if it worked I cannot remove it. 

And good point on the VBIOS. I'll try have a look at the update.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, lasn2096 said:

Hello, I made a successful installation of Big Sur on my Lenovo 330 15IKB i3 notebook thanks to @Cyberdevs, but in my case with some KP like VoodooInput but solved, now I am new to this and I need your help in some points.

1. I have a Broadcom BCM94352Z that doesn't work, is there a kext for this? Bluetooh works very well.

2. Someone share a guide on how to build kexts from master.

3. Notice a forced closing when opening TextEdit in Big Sur. Is it a system bug? or just mine ...

Did you resolve wifi for BCM94352Z ?
I have BS beta 3, latest kexts, BT works fine but no wifi
Tried brcmfx-driver=2 without success ;(

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 12.48.18.png

Edited by gulios