[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, ludox said:

Hi everyone
I present a problem that I continue to have with BIG SUR even with the beta 3 that the ALC892 sound card of my motherboard in Asus Z87 plus forirma with OpenCore.
Malgrato all attempts made even with the help of the friend Cyberdevs does not want to know.
It works all the kexts are loaded but the audio is not enabled
With the clover I have never had problems of this kind I have the audio perfectly working.
I am convinced that it is an OpenCore problem that somehow blocks the audio on my motherboard.
I move some pictures so you notice the difference between the clover with catalina and opencore with big sur.
I have finished all the options and ideas to do, if someone can politely indicate a definitive solution to solve this problem.
Alternatively I will have to wait for a Clover Bootloader version that works with Big Sur to come out to have the audio activated.
Hello

Schermata 2020-07-30 alle 11.31.01.png

265657515_Schermata2020-07-29alle17_34_50.png.6e30e41380f75353089df5bc26cbd87c.png

1233750305_Schermata2020-07-29alle17_33_34.png.0266d0235bce6df008d5ef4bc9c90058.png

1450866567_Schermata2020-07-29alle16_52_01.png.7379bd7d72b31ba9d112a4f9ebe81566.png

A.png

Hi everyone
I present a problem that I continue to have with BIG SUR even with the beta 3 that the ALC892 sound card of my motherboard in Asus Z87 plus forirma with OpenCore.
Malgrato all attempts made even with the help of the friend Cyberdevs does not want to know.
With the clover I have never had problems of this kind I have the audio perfectly working.
I am convinced that it is an OpenCore problem that somehow blocks the audio on my motherboard.
I move some pictures so you notice the difference between the clover with catalina and opencore with big sur.
I have finished all the options and ideas to do, if someone can politely indicate a definitive solution to solve this problem.
Alternatively I will have to wait for a Clover Bootloader version that works with Big Sur to come out to have the audio activated.
Hello

I had this problem on a laptop. Try ssdttme and insert ssdt-hpet.

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

New issue for me.

I have -wegnoegpu and 538946230_ScreenShot2020-07-30at7_27_58pm.png.d2ca7be2cbd33241cb0b66070353cc14.png in my config.plist but in about this mac i still have 1276397538_ScreenShot2020-07-30at7_28_29pm.png.c4751a04770e185dfebd94f0e082ba4c.png and this is what i think is causing my black screen after sleep.

This does not happen in Catalina and in Catalina all i need is the device property of disable-external-gpu.

Anyone else with dual graphics see the same?

Attached EFI for diagnosis.

EFI.zip

device --> properties

PciRoot (put the pci path of the card you want to make disappear)

example:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

IOName    | string | Display

class-code | data   | FFFFFFFF

thanks to my guide and master  Gengik84
in my Z97 hack it worked to make the nvidia disappear on catalina

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

device --> properties

PciRoot (put the pci path of the card you want to make disappear)

example:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

IOName    | string | Display

class-code | data   | FFFFFFFF

My current config disables nvidia card in Catalina though. So the PciRoot should be correct unless it changes in Big Sur? As for the data FFFFFFFF I’m not sure how to put that in with plist editor as at the moment I use 01000000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF Beta4 showing Preboot I will make a package dedicated only to this patch which will not install any files and which will correct it by restarting. The name will show me the Disk:hysterical:

Edited by chris1111
show me the Disk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TrickyHunter not sure if you have an all DP setup; if you do, try putting one monitor in the HDMI port. Back in Catalina, I had an issue with my 5700XT card that wasn’t initializing any DP output if a HDMI screen wasn’t connected. I blamed the drivers but I never found a true solution and just lived that way, since the remaining screens were usable afterwards.

Using a HDMI screen also helps me stop the stupid flickering screen in Windows AMD wasn’t able to fix yet - the DP screens flick every now and then; the HDMI output stays on all day and night long.

Other than that, then I’m out of suggestions.

2 hours ago, ludox said:

Hi everyone
I present a problem that I continue to have with BIG SUR even with the beta 3 that the ALC892 sound card of my motherboard in Asus Z87 plus in signature with OpenCore.

Despite all attempts made even with the help of the friend Cyberdevs does not want to know.
Hello

Hi @ludox

On 
OpenCore, the layout-id is 7. On Clover-Catalina, the layout-id is 5. Have you test to use the same settings (5)? Just my opinion.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Can you point me to the tutorial by gengik?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is no tutorial
attach config with PCI path of the card you want to make disappear

Not sure if this is the right place, so please forgive.....

As I go through testing with OC and Beta3, I have a USB-C Jabra Blue Tooth adapter that is not working.

The same USB-C port has not problem powering and working with an external SSD.

Not sure how to go about figuring this problem. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

thanks.

1 hour ago, pico joe said:

just info rolling back AppleAHCIport.kext from Catalina to BigSUr 3 to get get right controller (Intel 8 series/Haswell) 

Reveal hidden contents

208234657_ScreenShot2020-07-30at18_22_06.thumb.png.719a0fc2b3d21b21d170dbdd27a111d3.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

How did you mount system/library/extensions folder on Big Sur ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

there is no tutorial
attach config with PCI path of the card you want to make disappear

This is the path of my nvidia device.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

56 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @ludox

On 
OpenCore, the layout-id is 7. On Clover-Catalina, the layout-id is 5. Have you test to use the same settings (5)? Just my opinion. 

Hi

Yes not enable audio..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alex HQuest said:

@TrickyHunter not sure if you have an all DP setup; if you do, try putting one monitor in the HDMI port. Back in Catalina, I had an issue with my 5700XT card that wasn’t initializing any DP output if a HDMI screen wasn’t connected. I blamed the drivers but I never found a true solution and just lived that way, since the remaining screens were usable afterwards.

Using a HDMI screen also helps me stop the stupid flickering screen in Windows AMD wasn’t able to fix yet - the DP screens flick every now and then; the HDMI output stays on all day and night long.

Other than that, then I’m out of suggestions.

Thanks for trying mate. Unfortunately yes I do have one HDMI and two DP all connected to the AMD 5700 XT. It's weird that I have only seen one or two other ppl having the same issue as mine given that 9700K and 5700XT is a very common combination. And I swear that I followed the open core guide very carefully with only minimal changes needed.

The thing is it's extremely hard to debug in this case because even if I use -v, the black screen happens after all the verbose information prints out. So nothing related to the black screen itself is printed. I might have to search for a macOS console log or something to figure out exactly why.

18 minutes ago, TrickyHunter said:

Thanks for trying mate. Unfortunately yes I do have one HDMI and two DP all connected to the AMD 5700 XT. It's weird that I have only seen one or two other ppl having the same issue as mine given that 9700K and 5700XT is a very common combination. And I swear that I followed the open core guide very carefully with only minimal changes needed.

The thing is it's extremely hard to debug in this case because even if I use -v, the black screen happens after all the verbose information prints out. So nothing related to the black screen itself is printed. I might have to search for a macOS console log or something to figure out exactly why.

I may have missed it in one of your posts, but have you tried disabling WEG?

There are issues with 5700XT and WEG in Catalina (that may also occur in BigSur); disabling WEG helped (but I believe these were issues once macOS was booted). There were, as I recall (from another forum), some subsequent issues with this approach affecting one of ports on the 5700XT when WEG was disabled.

31 minutes ago, iGPU said:

I may have missed it in one of your posts, but have you tried disabling WEG?

There are issues with 5700XT and WEG in Catalina (that may also occur in BigSur); disabling WEG helped (but I believe these were issues once macOS was booted). There were, as I recall (from another forum), some subsequent issues with this approach affecting one of ports on the 5700XT when WEG was disabled.

Yeah, I tried that a few times without luck. I can tell that at least HDMI monitor has indeed signal but it's just pure black. So it might not be same issue as others normally would have (where the monitors lose signals entirely). 

I also had a look at the system.log file under /var/log folder and couldn't really see anything suspicious.

@TrickyHunter I do have a 9700K and a 5700XT myself (see my sig), although I do not have a 2080Ti. Are you 100% sure you disabled the right card using SSDT? Unless you have tight cable management or uses water cooling, I would physically remove the 2080Ti to ensure I'm using the 5700XT card. Also, try to enable screen sharing on SysPref > Sharing, and log in to your computer from another device (phone/tablet/laptop) via VNC. I did that myself and it helps a lot - when I unintentionally break support to my USB keyboard :hysterical: