[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

Well now I have new bugs... my clock stops working and only stays correct if I go to system preferences hour and date... yuckkk BS beta 3 is the first beta that gave me so many problems... :cry: ...

PS: i have a real Mac mini 2018 at work and tomorrow is my day of working, and I'll verify that... 

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Yep I'll and one more, safari at times is a kaleidoscope of colors... until I click at it with the mouse... but no more bugs I'm annoyed enough already... :cry: 

Edited by MorenoAv

Oh ok!!! - On a negative note, I must say I am happy to hear the no Startup Disk is also a bug on real Macs, thanks for the post. default_thumbsup_anim.gif

I forgot to add my disk is now showing up at the Boot Menu as I named it - 'macOS Big Sur' - after a few reboots.

My disk is still named Preboot I’ve rebooted and restarted numerous times. Beta 4 should be out soon and hopefully that will rectify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Well now I have new bugs... my clock stops working and only stays correct if I go to system preferences hour and date... yuckkk BS beta 3 is the first beta that gave me so many problems... :cry: ...

PS: i have a real Mac mini 2018 at work and tomorrow is my day of working, and I'll verify that... 

Hi @MorenoAv my friend...try at your onwn risk this commands, one by one: 

defaults write com.apple.menuextra.clock IsAnalog -bool false

defaults write com.apple.menuextra.clock DateFormat -string "EEE d MMM HH:mm"

defaults write com.apple.menuextra.clock FlashDateSeparators -bool true && killall SystemUIServer

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

My disk is still named Preboot emoji20.png I’ve rebooted and restarted numerous times. Beta 4 should be out soon and hopefully that will rectify it.

The easiest way to have the Name of SSD Big Sur on boot OC is installed this software https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter 

Release here https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter/releases/tag/V3 even if you have working native wifi ,this software rebuild Preboot Volume.

Install then Allow Realtek in security before reboot .

Reboot and you see your drive name :) after reboot uninstall the software simple as that

See spoiler

Spoiler

30001424.thumb.png.d08569ff913be279e860868c7d6be8dc.png

Edited by chris1111
Spoiler pics
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

The easiest way to have the Name of SSD Big Sur on boot OC is installed this software https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter 

Release here https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter/releases/tag/V3 even if you have working native wifi ,this software rebuild Preboot Volume.

Reboot and you see your drive name :) after reboot uninstall the software simple as that

worked for. me.. I didn't re boot just installed then uninstalled the rebooted. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

worked for. me.. I didn't re boot just installed then uninstalled the rebooted. 

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Graet tips :D

Nice @chris1111 thanks!!! Works fine and perfect!!! Im just installed and uninstalled like @BALDY_MAN said and Voilà!!! BigSur name appears and Preboot is gone...!!! 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

Reboot and you see your drive name  after reboot uninstall the software simple as that

See spoiler

Spoiler 30001424.thumb.png.d08569ff913be279e860868c7d6be8dc.png

Worked for me, installed, allowed extension, uninstalled, rebooted and volume name is back! Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Worked for me, installed, allowed extension, uninstalled, rebooted and volume name is back! Thanks for the tip.

Hi my friend, how did you get this perfect picture in your monitor boot? Thanks!!!! :w00t: 

BigSur_Print_OC.jpg

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ameenjuz said:

@Max.1974 @SavageAUS

put 

CrScreenshotDx.efi into config and drivers folder

and restart pc 

from bootpicker menu by pressing f10 to take a screen shot

@ameenjuz so many thanks!!! Im will do it...!!! :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: Im find my friend!!! Thanks!!! 

BigSur_Print_OC.jpg

Edited by Max.1974

18 minutes ago, greythorne said:

Can anyone confirm that vsmcgen=1 not needed?

Apparently download the latest commit of OC, Lilu, WEG & ALC but Catalina was able to boot w/o vsmcgen=1, however, BS Beta3 cannot boot w/o vsmcgen=1.

Anyone able to assists?

Event though I'm on a Ryzen system, I compiled the latest commit yesterday and removed vsmcgen=1. It works perfectly for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, greythorne said:

Can anyone confirm that vsmcgen=1 not needed?

Apparently download the latest commit of OC, Lilu, WEG & ALC but Catalina was able to boot w/o vsmcgen=1, however, BS Beta3 cannot boot w/o vsmcgen=1.

Anyone able to assists?

vsmcgen=1 is needed for me to boot Big Sur beta 3. I don't care whatever other ppl are saying, different systems can behave very differently. What's even more weird is that for me, I can boot with -v and without vsmcgen=1. If I took out that verbose flag -v, then it will stuck at Apple Logo.

• Like 1

Hi everyone
I present a problem that I continue to have with BIG SUR even with the beta 3 that the ALC892 sound card of my motherboard in Asus Z87 plus in signature with OpenCore.

Despite all attempts made even with the help of the friend Cyberdevs does not want to know.
It works all the kexts are loaded but the audio is not enabled
With the clover I have never had problems of this kind I have the audio perfectly working.
I am convinced that it is an OpenCore problem that somehow blocks the audio on my motherboard.
I move some pictures so you notice the difference between the clover with catalina and opencore with big sur.
I have finished all the options and ideas to do, if someone can politely indicate a definitive solution to solve this problem.
Alternatively I will have to wait for a Clover Bootloader version that works with Big Sur to come out to have the audio activated.
Hello

Schermata 2020-07-30 alle 11.31.01.png

265657515_Schermata2020-07-29alle17_34_50.png.6e30e41380f75353089df5bc26cbd87c.png

1233750305_Schermata2020-07-29alle17_33_34.png.0266d0235bce6df008d5ef4bc9c90058.png

1450866567_Schermata2020-07-29alle16_52_01.png.7379bd7d72b31ba9d112a4f9ebe81566.png

A.png

• Like 1

New issue for me.

I have -wegnoegpu and 538946230_ScreenShot2020-07-30at7_27_58pm.png.d2ca7be2cbd33241cb0b66070353cc14.png in my config.plist but in about this mac i still have 1276397538_ScreenShot2020-07-30at7_28_29pm.png.c4751a04770e185dfebd94f0e082ba4c.png and this is what i think is causing my black screen after sleep.

This does not happen in Catalina and in Catalina all i need is the device property of disable-external-gpu.

Anyone else with dual graphics see the same?

Attached EFI for diagnosis.

EFI.zip