[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, mvitanov said:

I use Samsung 970 EVO SSD - NVMe m.2; I haven't had any problems so far with it (using it since High Sierra). And the other betas of Big Sur were not making this problem, so I assume apple changed sth yet again related to that.

you are missing the point your computer has a touchscreen according to the screen you posted and there is no corresponding driver for that hub to take care off, so installation dies because of unidentified device you could take of the problem by posting a notch kext which tells make no to busy with this device to make it its own and use its own drivers

Edited by markl18

3 minutes ago, markl18 said:

you are missing the point your computer has a touchscreen according to the screen you posted and there is no corresponding driver for that hub to take care off, so installation dies because of unidentified device

My computer does not have a touchscreen (lenovo 700 - 15isk with Skylake i7). How did you infer that? I see only touchpad related stuff in the boot logs.

3 minutes ago, mvitanov said:

My computer does not have a touchscreen (lenovo 700 - 15isk with Skylake i7). How did you infer that? I see only touchpad related stuff in the boot logs.

u vac napisano eto vconze bashei loga kotorgo vi postali pochitai ego vnimatelno i vi uvidete sami look at the end of your log it says all about your touchscreen device elan which probably needs a voodooCElan.kext andvoodoogpio.kext and a ssd-tplo or tpd0 or what ever your DSDT says

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Does it reach the installer to it just hangs with the errors?

I don't know what ever the picture says I think I tries to mount something and than expand the dmg file into it but doesn't succeed in mounting

32 minutes ago, markl18 said:

u vac napisano eto vconze bashei loga kotorgo vi postali pochitai ego vnimatelno i vi uvidete sami look at the end of your log it says all about your touchscreen device elan which probably needs a voodooCElan.kext andvoodoogpio.kext and a ssd-tplo or tpd0 or what ever your DSDT says

This is not the problem. I turned off the kext for my touchpad and this line disappears. It gets stuck on AppleNVMe assert failed and the 2 virtual IOReturn IONVMeController lines 

5 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I don't know what ever the picture says I think I tries to mount something and than expand the dmg file into it but doesn't succeed in mounting

If you want to boot the installer you need to remove these boot-args:

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.1bbaa91e06aed9f4293935b4804b5fca.jpg

4 minutes ago, Toilet said:

Add vsmcgen=1 to boot-args for beta 3

it's already using it

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<string> -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=5 vsmcgen=1</string>
</plist>

Edited by markl18

10 minutes ago, markl18 said:

it's already using it

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<string> -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=5 vsmcgen=1</string>
</plist>

Please update your kexts to the latest ones 

On 7/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, mnfesq said:

Thanks but it did not work.  I kept getting a KP due to VoodooInput.kext.  I tried adjusting the settings but could not get the EFI to boot even though it is mostly identical to mine.

Hi, is your HP Envy with the touchscreen? Did you use I2C kext?

Also, in DSDT do you have GPI0 device? Cause in my HP Envy this device is missing.

1 minute ago, valeryimm said:

Also, in DSDT do you have GPI0 device? Cause in my HP Envy this device is missing.

also do you use ssd-tbl0.asl do you have on working

8 minutes ago, valeryimm said:

I know nothing about this table, what is it intended for?

in order to get the touch hub to work there are two ways ether pinning or gpio and that why you need i2c app to generate you ssddt-tbl0.tbl file which doesn't exactly compile. 

ps you have find out if it is a elan device and do you want to use pinning and the name of the actual device like tpd0 or tpl0 or what ever it is in your DSDT under i2c section also Valerii okuda ti

Edited by markl18

1 minute ago, markl18 said:

in order to get the touch hub to work there are two ways ether pinning or gpio and that why you need i2c app to generate you ssddt-tbl0.tbl file which doesn't exactly compile

Ok, understand. I will return to this very soon. Now I need to get mi wifi working with DW 1560, BCM94532Z, something like that

6 minutes ago, valeryimm said:

My HP Envy 17 does not have a touchscreen - it has the UHD resolution.  With my model, it's one or the other.  I need to use the VoodooI2C.kext or I cannot see my internal drives.  My DSDT has 11 references to GPI0 but it does not appear as a separate device.  While GPI0 is not a device in your DSDT, does it show up when you do a word search?  I should mention that I am using Clover to boot, not OC, and that the problems I reported earlier regarding a lack of kext injection was resolved by booting to an installation of BS on a USB drive and then rebuilding kextcache using Hackintool and then repairing permissions and rebuilding kextcache on my SSD and HDD installations of BS.  Apparently, with Clover, it is really important to have a good kextcache before rebooting.  

18 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

My HP Envy 17 does not have a touchscreen - it has the UHD resolution.  With my model, it's one or the other.  I need to use the VoodooI2C.kext or I cannot see my internal drives.  My DSDT has 11 references to GPI0 but it does not appear as a separate device.  While GPI0 is not a device in your DSDT, does it show up when you do a word search?  I should mention that I am using Clover to boot, not OC, and that the problems I reported earlier regarding a lack of kext injection was resolved by booting to an installation of BS on a USB drive and then rebuilding kextcache using Hackintool and then repairing permissions and rebuilding kextcache on my SSD and HDD installations of BS.  Apparently, with Clover, it is really important to have a good kextcache before rebooting.  

Now I also use VoodooI2C kext to see internal SATA drives. Hopefully the will fix this issue in the next betas. I do not have separate GPI0 device itself in my DSDT. But my laptop has both: touchscreen and UHD resolution on Intel Iris HD 540. Do you get you IGPU fully working on BS?

Now I am trying to get my wifi working , I have DW1560 card.

Just now, Jake Lo said:

file will compile if you remove these 2 lines

0x0032,
 }

I think they are very essential the other I don't know about 

Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, )
                        {
                            0x00000022,
                        }

4 minutes ago, valeryimm said:

Now I also use VoodooI2C kext to see internal SATA drives. Hopefully the will fix this issue in the next betas. I do not have separate GPI0 device itself in my DSDT. But my laptop has both: touchscreen and UHD resolution on Intel Iris HD 540. Do you get you IGPU fully working on BS?

Now I am trying to get my wifi working , I have DW1560 card.

As @markl18 pointed out, the actual GPI0 device may have a different name in your DSDT.  Mine are TPD0 and TPL1.  I don't think this is a bug.  I think that using I2C to read SATA drives is a more modern method and AHCI may get phased out.  Not really sure about that.

I do have full function of IGPU.  I only wish I could use my dGPU but it is disabled in the BIOS.  I believe I have the DW1560 wifi/BT card and it is working fine with this kext version.

Wifi for BigSur.zip

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

As @markl18 pointed out, the actual GPI0 device may have a different name in your DSDT.  Mine are TPD0 and TPL1.  I don't think this is a bug.  I think that using I2C to read SATA drives is a more modern method and AHCI may get phased out.  Not really sure about that.

I do have full function of IGPU.  I only wish I could use my dGPU but it is disabled in the BIOS.  I believe I have the DW1560 wifi/BT card and it is working fine with this kext version.

Wifi for BigSur.zip

do they have something altered in them or it is just freshly compiled because I got my compiled at 3:55

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea if your finding is correct with Clover, then there is something flaky with or a misconfiguration in Opencore causing the BS disk not to show in the Startup Disk section in System Preferences. It has been a daily task of mine trying to find out why and I've yet to track it down. :(

I still think this is how OC is dealing with new APFS partitions in BigSur, and why we're having problems with getting Recovery to work properly. BigSur has changed something in APFS so that OC isn't properly working (and why disks are disappearing when using Startup Disk section).

According to OC docs, 0x00000100 — OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_APFS should work with an APFS partition, but it does not. We must set ScanPolicy to 0 to get into BigSur Recovery (and even then disabling csrutil doesn't seem to 'stick' on re-boot). [Usual OC settings do get into Catalina Recovery, just not BigSur Recovery.]

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, markl18 said:

I think they are very essential the other I don't know about 

Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveLow, Exclusive, ,, )
                        {
                            0x00000022,
                        }

I don't know where you grab the codes from, but those lines don't belong there is what I'm saying.