[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ham4ever said:

for now I am not using any kexts to get wifi/bluetooth to work, 

Did you include in your config file the WiFi card device id, or it just worked OOB? I’m just trying to identify the root cause of my problem with the WiFi card.

Hi guys good afternoon...

Quick question for @eSaF, the entry below in your config.plist is what makes widows boot successfully?

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-15, às 20.40.47.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

@ham4ever, thanks a lot for sharing your EFI. @SavageAUS, I believe that I found the problem: I was not defining properly the device path for the WiFi card and the way it’s attached to the mobo is different as I had to install it in a PCI port in which I first installed a Startech PCI to PCIe adapter. I ran out of PCIe ports due to a USB 3.1 card that when installed disabled my PCIe x1 slots. This scenario works well in Catalina as the adapter is recognized OOB by macOS and the WiFi card was also recognized without major issues but with Big Sur everything changed. My only question is if I have to add device properties separately for both the adapter and the WiFi card. I attached the list of devices extracted from hackintool in Catalina.

pcidevices.txt

Edited by jlrycm

friends who provides me with the latest kext (lilu, wtg, applealc, virtualsmc) please try to compile them but for some I don't get results "resources converter" comes out. i can't get into recovery i get kernel panic with lilu and whatevergreen.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

That photo was from your config.plist... but thanks anyway... :P

I didn't quite understand - Is this what you're asking about? Because if you look through the config.list I posted you'll see this exact default entry which is not enabled.

Spoiler

1842001275_Screenshot2020-07-15at22_26_24.thumb.png.71e4afd7e3091d9a0436f31ff05bff1f.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fusion71au said:

1. Disable authenticated root SIP by setting csr-active-config to 77080000 in OC's config.plist, then reset NVRAM through the OC boot menu.  Alternatively, with blank csr-active-config setting, boot to Recovery/Big Sur Installer and run csrutil disable, then csrutil authenticated-root disable in terminal
  2. Need to also disable APFS snapshots.  I posted a guide several pages ago on how to do this and also replace/installing old kexts.

Good Luck!

What is the value in Clover?

Thank you

On 7/16/2020 at 12:14 AM, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys good afternoon...

Quick question for @eSaF, the entry below in your config.plist is what makes widows boot successfully?

Thanks

Try this:

Which will copy the PciRoot identifiers for all the recognized partitions, including your Windows/macOS EFI partition. Now back on your other machine, open up the OpenCore config.plist and the maps.txt file we generated in the previous step. In the config.plist, find this entry:

Here, edit the Name to whatever you want, set Enabled to true and then in the Path, copy the PciRoot path from the maps.txt file (it will look something like this: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)/Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,<FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF>,0x28,0x64000), find it using the UUID you noted down in the first step), and then append this:

\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi 

so that your Path looks this:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)/Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

Now when you boot up OC using this config.plist, you should see the name you've specified in the custom entry and using that, you should be able to boot into your Windows installation.

You need put Microsoft folder inside EFI partition too.

Mine is for Windows 7...(im believe that you need install Windows # and then are created by it self on installation...

<FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF> is your UUID. With Clover Configurator you can see this on partitions...

Microsoft.zip

For exemple:

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto-2020-02-09-um-12-50-38.thumb.png.0ee4a3d06f772c33c43e7770d54231f8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"As for DRM, I somehow get a feeling it is a dead end with recent Intel generations. While it is likely that generic chipsets with GIDs from Macs do exist, the fact that many if not all chipsets are provisioned and have incompatible GIDs pretty much defeats the research purpose in this direction. Perhaps, we should invest in getting AMD decoder to work and/or enabling software decoder." (vit9696)

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/586

DRM issues for intel iGPUS its closed for now, and im back here this notice, because nobody said for "new" users that Opencore. 

"Why DRM does not work on IGPU only systems

Native MacOS DRM playback on Haswell and later IGPU only systems is currently not supported on non-Apple hardware (IE: Hackintosh) due to Apple's use of customised microcode/firmware within the CPU/IGPU. Exactly what Apple have customised is still not fully understood but it is suspected that they have customised certain aspects of the Intel ME (Management Engine), the HECI (Host Embedded Controller Interface) and the Intel EPID (Enhanced Privacy ID).

The net result of this is that the PAVP (Protected Audio Video Path) and HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) features are non-functional on a IGPU only Hackintosh resulting in playback issues with DRM protected content.

It is not known if Intel supply Apple with pre-customised CPU's/IGPU's (like they did with XEON CPU's on their older Mac Pro models) or if Apple do it themselves by means of a modified ME update.

Some research and investigation has been done on this issue by the acidanthera team (developers of Lilu & WEG ..etc) but so far there is no clear solution. " (web)

Spoiler

Captura de Tela 2020-07-14 às 19.16.26.png

• Thanks 1

Hi @MorenoAv even you get green not will run Apple TV movies. It's a error in DSDT compilation that MaLD0n fix, and appears green, and run nice others thinks, except that apps that requires protect against screen recorder, for exemple. 

This error on DSDT cause red light. 

FAF44FF3-D4DF-4466-AC00-50D411BD2990.jpeg

• Like 2

@MorenoAv - Here is my result, your specs are not too far from my own the difference is you have integrated graphics and I have dedicated, so maybe there lies the problem. I know some has both dedicated and integrated and has no problem but I dare say other factors comes into the equation like Mac Model, running in Headless mode etc, etc.

Spoiler

1147642663_Screenshot2020-07-16at14_42_47.png.c2f3c776763460002ac9c3481650b7b6.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JahStories said:

Where u able to fix the red screen by removing Name (_SUN... line?

I'm not using a custom DSDT but got red screen on Netflix and green screen on AppleTV

Hi @JahStories only think that im not like to mixed is DSDT, because im not advanced users in that area. Im always ask help to @MaLd0n because he is expert in compile DSDT. 

So, im sorry, im think is necessary deleted or fix this error, with MaciASL app. :wink_anim: