[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Could you add your hardware specs to your signature?

Attached my EFI folder minus resource folder and minus serial numbers.

This works 100% on my laptop in my signature.

EFI.zip

Reviewing I realized you had another key, maybe it must be that, how can I identify my key?

thanks great job @lvs1974  finally have been fixed SMCBatteryManager by lvs1974

i compiled latest commit changes of https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/tree/smcbat_bigsur_adaptation

SMCBatteryManager.kext Worked perfectly 

once again thanks and great job 

credit goes to @lvs1974

VirtualSMC-1.1.5-RELEASE.zip

Edited by ameenjuz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ameenjuz said:

i compiled latest commit changes of https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/tree/smcbat_bigsur_adaptation

credit goes to @lvs1974

Thanks, credit also goes to @vit9696, who helped me to find missing SMC keys.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

@corint1 

Not having that program here, sounds video related though, re check settings.

sound working ... video same ...only some sites freez chrome ... some java scripts maybe ? ...  

1 hour ago, ameenjuz said:

credit goes to @lvs1974

Can you tell me how you build this branch?

I tried but getting erros.

I am back with a Ethernet issue.

My WiFi is functional at the moment so I am managing with it. I have my ethernet enabled in the BIOS

Have the kexts (intelmausi.kext) loaded up and the Ethernet shows in the System Report.

But when I have the cable plugged in it does not work. Shows the cable is unplugged. I have tested with a cable tester that the cable is functional and a good one.

Anyone has any tips for me to get this working.

Spoiler

52204430_ScreenShot2020-07-15at7_05_16PM.thumb.png.2ead098a6cbe85655f8bda50d7fe47fd.png

@meaganmargaret

Spoiler

Congrats on moving up further with the installation.

I managed to fix it, I have 2 ethernet ports on my MB, earlier I had tried both but they never worked. Just now I tried the second port with no changes in the configuration and it works now.

So, Just ignore this post of mine. ;)

Edited by manmo71
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

credit goes to @lvs1974

SMCBatteryManager.kext please file. I try latest version but panic. Tks!

15 hours ago, PC IT said:

Thank you for your reply, Bigsur boots only through usb ssd, it never find the internal ssd drives and cannot boot when the ssd is in the internal drive slot, i think i am doing something wrong, or it is a bug in the bigsur beta2, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks my friend, you need help with first steps? Bios settings, hardware compatibility, etc..?

Beta 1 and Beta 2 not big diferences for install, only importante is correct plist settings and right kexts. 

Im suggest you looking for minimum EFI with iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS because works even leptops for install...

Try next EFI on next post...looks fine for first install...

Edited by Max.1974

Hi guys, finally, after a long trying, I successfully install macOS Big Sur (beta 2). 

Everything works, except Apple TV+ (closes video after few seconds, and maybe cracks audio temporary)

Don't work also, sleep and I think PM. I can't see temp of the pc because hwmonitor don't work.

here is how I made it: I use another disk that I format on my Catalina OS from diskutil in APFS, mount EFI of that drive and copy the pre-configured EFI folder on it, start the app Mac OS Beta and installed on this drive. Boot the installation and wait.

It tooks 20 minutes or little bit more but everything (almost) works correctly.

I share my EFI folder but I delete my serial number and other things. PC used is in signature. motherboard H97M-D3H

There is a way for fix sleep and PM?

EFI.zip

Edited by Sbrillo

7 minutes ago, Sbrillo said:

Hi guys, finally, after a long trying, I successfully install macOS Big Sur (beta 2). 

Everything works, except Apple TV+ (closes video after few seconds, and maybe cracks audio temporary) and iMessage don't work properly maybe (seems to work, but Memoji don't).

Don't work also, sleep and I think PM. I can't see temp of the pc because hwmonitor don't work.

here is how I made it: I use another disk that I format on my Catalina OS from diskutil in APFS, mount EFI of that drive and copy the pre-configured EFI folder on it, start the app Mac OS Beta and installed on this drive. Boot the installation and wait.

It tooks 20 minutes or little bit more but everything (almost) works correctly.

I share my EFI folder but I delete my serial number and other things. PC used is in signature. motherboard H97M-D3H

There is a way for fix sleep and PM?

EFI.zip

To get Apple TV+ to work I had to change my System Product  Name to iMacPro1,1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

To get Apple TV+ to work I had to change my System Product  Name to iMacPro1,1

my pc it's not even close to an iMacPro. There's no other way?

and for PM and sleep/stop?

sleep/stop working but after resuming, pc freeze and I have to reboot it.

2 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

Yes, I saw this guide. 

" OpenCanopy.efi must be from the same build as your OpenCore files, as mismatched files can cause boot issues"

if I'm on 0.6.0 but the official release of opencanopy is 0.5.9, it will be a problem?

I'm sorry, first time on OpenCore

Edited by Sbrillo

Spoiler

@Sbrillo As you mentioned earlier in your post, you are using OC 0.6, so the files in that build are all for 0.6 

There are no major changes from OC 0.5.9 to 0.6 in this section. So it will work without any issues anyway.

I have used it.

So just follow the guide and you should be fine.

Edited by manmo71

On 7/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, fusion71au said:

Hi @crazybirdy.  I'm nearly certain the problem lies with your graphics card.

My old legacy BIOS rigs can boot the Big Sur Installer and also the completed Big Sur installation on an external USB HD (via OC 0.6.0)...

Finally, my i3-2100 legacy BIOS with GT640 works fine on Big Sur now.:hysterical:

I use VMware method to install Big Sur beta 2.

After installed, boot to Big Sur system fine with OC 0.6.0 and Clover (someone's CLOVERX64.efi):thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

10160b2.thumb.jpg.60c8b8b406fd9fc55f72d5cc4ec4826a.jpg

----

It's unknow issue....still.

Stage 2 still get reboot after Apple logo if install directly with OC 0.6.0. (not VMware method)

System is shutting down, (SIP is Disabled) allowing process at path: /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext/iogdiagnose

• Like 4

17 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

-lilubetaall & vsmcgen=1 are no longer needed as long as you have updated your kexts.

Have you tried minimizing your config? Remove some .aml, kexts, device properties?

I don't have x299 so these are just suggestions.

Thanks @SavageAUS, im post for even cases where kexts not updated yet...but thanks for your information!!!

BTW, how method are you use for update your kexts? Im saw a complicated posts about it...:wink_anim: