[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I only yesterday was able to fix my HEVC problem, but I can't play Netflix in safari or firefox, only in Edge, Chrome I don't use.

How is that possible @Pavo, it is a combination of right SMBIOS and graphic id's?

well like you normally would do without WEG. You have a SSDT for your dGPU.

6 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @Pavo im know you are busy, but if i send for you my EFI from my Lenovo Laptop, are possible you check it for me, please? 

My Desktop work fine everything, just intel 620 HD... my desktop im use Radeon Vega 64.

Sorry I do not even remotely touch craptops, those are a beast in themselves.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Pavo said:

@MorenoAv I read this today by accident: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/post-install/drm.html

So with DRM, we have a couple things we need to mention:

* DRM requires a supported dGPU

* DRM is broken for iGPU-only systems

-- These have never worked with Haswell and newer

-- For Ivy Bridge, this could be fixed with Shiki (now WhateverGreen) til 10.12.2, but broke with 10.12.3

* Working hardware acceleration and decoding

and the statement "DRM in iGPU-only never worked with Haswell and newer" caught my attention. Is that a true statement?

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PC IT said:

@chris1111 

Hi , I have Dell skylake lappy, i cannot booot bigsur from internal hdd, also i cant boot the usb installer, i just use the usb image to boot external hdd, i cant see my internal hdd, i am using oc , i dont know what the problem is, can anyone help me ?

Are you try look for MaLD0n Premade EFI? Works for me, in Lenovo SkyLake and with iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS. Install normally, but for log in you will need right OpenCore configuration...

2 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Hello @chris1111 and all hackintoshers. I read the following in the read me of airportbrcmfixup GitHub: 

Remove injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC from main Info.plist and move them into separate plugins AirPortBrcm4360_Injector and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector (kexts with plist only). 
Under 10.16 (Big Sur) plugin AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext must be blocked by MaxKernel 19.9.9 or just removed, otherwise it will block loading of AirPortBrcmNIC since class AirPortBrcm4360 is unsupported.

My question is how I block the injector by MaxKernel 19.9.9 in the config file kernel section? I was looking for some examples but couldn’t find one.

I have fix this issue 

• Like 2

anyone using shadow cloudgame service, read this:

to make things short, this was the reason i never could boot into stage2 even with -igfxvesa and npci=0x2000 the past 2 weeks, and also the reason why i was not able to boot again after a bad crash, when i already had Big Sur installed using the vm method

1 hour ago, Alex HQuest said:

@MorenoAv I read this today by accident: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/post-install/drm.html

So with DRM, we have a couple things we need to mention:

* DRM requires a supported dGPU

* DRM is broken for iGPU-only systems

-- These have never worked with Haswell and newer

-- For Ivy Bridge, this could be fixed with Shiki (now WhateverGreen) til 10.12.2, but broke with 10.12.3

* Working hardware acceleration and decoding

and the statement "DRM in iGPU-only never worked with Haswell and newer" caught my attention. Is that a true statement?

Dortania contains some miss, read here better: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Shiki.en.md

Temporarily disabled user patcher for 11.0 (e. g. shikigva)

• Thanks 1

I unlock the Menu Bar Icons on my HP Prodesk 600. G1 with my WIFI card
BCM94360HMB and my PCIe Mini WIFI Adapter
Everything works like on my laptop , this card is native

Spoiler

captu123.png.32e35e144be0438ab3d718d5656557bf.png

captu124.png.61b1889247fba90e8558b3b2004257c6.png

Really happy of the result

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fusion71au said:

So I wanted to see if my ancient core2duo laptop, Dell XPS M1530 with legacy BIOS (system 3 in my sig), would boot Big Sur beta 2…

Hide contents

• Booted with OC 0.6.0 onto Big Sur beta 2 (where installation was done previously onto an external USB HD by my NUC6i5SYH with metal capable Intel Iris Graphics 540)
  • APFS snapshots deleted with this procedure
  • Deleted/replaced the file /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin with the one from High Sierra
  • No graphics acceleration yet for nVidia Tesla based Geforce 8600M GT (non metal capable).  Waiting for developments from @Asentientbot or others at MacRumors forum.

This procedure works with iGPU owners? Maybe this will works if intel 620 HD that not run Apple TV properly? Thanks!!! 

@Everyone with unsupported wifi.
There should be no need to replace the IO80211.kext anymore with the new AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
Update the kext from latest master, snapshot your OC folder with ProperTree, make sure the new plugins for AirPortBrcmFixup are present in config.plist, reboot, success.
No need to unseal apfs or delete snapshots, I updated kext and did a full fresh install and had working wifi at setup. DW1820A.
Thanks to the devs!

Kexts attached for Wifi, Bluetooth etc.
YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archive.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

On 7/15/2020 at 3:12 AM, meaganmargaret said:

So, has anyone fixed the issue of SIGABRT and SIGILL on a USB installer?  I'm actually just trying to get to a recovery/install console.  I'm not trying to install.  But with an EFI that boots both Beat 1 and 2 just fine, I can't get there with my USB installer, just get the loop of SIGABRT and SIGILL.....

Anyone got past this, and if so, can you share how you did it?

Im solved its with two USB installers: One from EFI downloaded from MaLD0n. 

And another, im fix with Opencore with same kexts from Clover that works boot loader and put with my Old DSDT and fix the thinks about Nvram.

But first think is, delete all EFI folders and try install on external ssd/nvme. Not left anyone for behind. Make sure that your kexts is correctly for EFI Opencore. 

use generics DSDT for try install with iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS. 

This config is for boot after installer complete 3 stages:

Spoiler

658247616_CapturadeTela2020-07-14s19_51_55.png.1d92ef4000c21ed6b15a86fa5d581f33.png

This config is for boot installer with no EFI folder on EFI partition target, ONLY on USB installer EFI:

Spoiler

646390730_CapturadeTela2020-07-14s19_55_52.png.b2d4583b604f9f8111c8f1cd2c7a7a43.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

@Max.1974 and @Moviemakergr:

Thanks for the replies.  However, I ended up in the same place, SIGABRT, etc....

So, I enclosed my config.plist for my USB booter.  Maybe you all can see something I missed?  Thanks.

upload_config.plist

-lilubetaall & vsmcgen=1 are no longer needed as long as you have updated your kexts.

Have you tried minimizing your config? Remove some .aml, kexts, device properties?

I don't have x299 so these are just suggestions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

@Max.1974 and @Moviemakergr:  

Thanks for the replies.  Max, I installed Beta 1 and 2 using the VM method.   What I'm trying to do is get a Big Sur USB installer to work. 

As for the edits you suggested, I tried them, and sadly, I ended up in the same place, SIGABRT, SIGILL etc....

So, I enclosed my config.plist for my USB booter.  Maybe you all can see something I missed?  Thanks. 

btw, all my files (OC and kexts) are July 12, so they should be up to date.

upload_config.plist

Hi @meaganmargaret, your config.plist not have all necessary, like SMBIOS and boot-set args. 

Please, post your entire EFI folder. If you prefere, send me a PM. 

On 7/15/2020 at 3:14 AM, SavageAUS said:

@Everyone with unsupported wifi.
There should be need to replace the IO80211.kext anymore with the new AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
Update the kext from latest master, snapshot your OC folder with ProperTree, make sure the new plugins for AirPortBrcmFixup are present in config.plist, reboot, success.
No need to unseal apfs or delete snapshots, I updated kext and did a full fresh install and had working wifi at setup. DW1820A.
Thanks to the devs!
YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @SavageAUS. I configured the OC config file to include under Kernel>Add section the two new plugins of AirportBrcmFixup and booted, but the WiFi is still not working. Attached is the screenshot of the config file and the AirportBrcmFixup kext I’m using which I downloaded from a post made here by @chris1111 (you have to rename it when downloading it). Could you take a look and advise if I made something wrong or I’m using the wrong kext?

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.kext.zip

Spoiler

A10BF097-8EA7-4B94-8FAA-AA0979B89771.jpeg

@jlrycm Use the one attached and use ProperTree to make a snapshot of your OC folder.

Depending on the card you have you may also need to add this to your config.plist under DeviceProperties (change the compatible value if needed)

<dict>
    <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
    <string>WLAN</string>
    <key>compatible</key>
    <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>
    <key>device_type</key>
    <string>AirPort Extreme</string>
    <key>model</key>
    <string>Broadcom Brcm43xx Wireless Network Adapter</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>AirPort Controller</string>
    <key>pci-aspm-default</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
</dict>

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

ProperTree.zip

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Are you try look for MaLD0n Premade EFI? Works for me, in Lenovo SkyLake and with iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS. Install normally, but for log in you will need right OpenCore configuration...

Thank you for your reply, Bigsur boots only through usb ssd, it never find the internal ssd drives and cannot boot when the ssd is in the internal drive slot, i think i am doing something wrong, or it is a bug in the bigsur beta2, do you have any suggestions?

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

This procedure works with iGPU owners? Maybe this will works if intel 620 HD that not run Apple TV properly? Thanks!!! 

No, the main point of the post was that it is possible to boot Big Sur on an old machine with a non metal graphics card as long as the OS is already fully installed on the HD/SSD.  Without a metal capable graphics card, I was unable to install from scratch with a createinstallmedia Installer USB (installation stalls at stage 2, kernel panics with graphics error ---> reboots).

8 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

how to rebuilding kernel collections and prelinkedkernel after new kexts copied to /S/L/E or /L/E) under the Big Sur using terminal without recovery

and how to copy kext to /L/E or /S/L/E

1.  Ensure SIP, authenticated-root and APFS snapshots are disabled.  Mounting the / folder as read-write should not show any "error 66"...

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % csrutil authenticated-root status
Authenticated Root status: disabled
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % nvram csr-active-config
csr-active-config	w%08%00%00
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % ls -l /Volumes 
total 0
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root        wheel    1 15 Jul 08:21 Big_Sur -> /
drwxrwxr-x  23 fusion71au  staff  850 10 Jul 19:15 Install macOS Big Sur Beta
drwxr-xr-x  22 root        admin  704  1 Jun 15:08 macOS
drwxr-xr-x  21 root        wheel  672 23 Jun 15:27 macOS — Data
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo mount -uw /
Password:

2.  Backup original kext(s) in /S/L/E, copy desired kext into /L/E or /S/L/E.  Afterwards, correct file permissions for the kexts...

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.orig 
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/IO80211Family.kext /System/Library/Extensions 
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

3.  Touch /S/L/E and rebuild kext caches with kextcache (deprecated but still works for now) or kmutil (preferred)...

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -i /
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root / --check-rebuild
rebuilding local auxiliary collection
kmutil done

or

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kmutil install --volume-root / --update-all --force
checking collections...
considering release out-of-date because of --force
rebuilding release collections: boot, system
rebuilding release collections:
	boot kernel collection
	system kext collection
rebuilding local auxiliary collection
kmutil done

4.  Run kcditto to copy the cache files to the correct locations...

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac ~ % sudo /usr/sbin/kcditto
Copying deferred prelinked kernels in /...
/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/kext_tools/kext_tools-685/kc_staging.m.279: Encountered error while inspecting path: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The folder “PrelinkedKernels” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels, NSUserStringVariant=(
    Folder
), NSUnderlyingError=0x7fc8e250f310 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-43 "fnfErr: File not found"}}
/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/kext_tools/kext_tools-685/kc_staging.m.279: Encountered error while inspecting path: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The folder “PrelinkedKernels” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels, NSUserStringVariant=(
    Folder
), NSUnderlyingError=0x7fc8e2405170 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-43 "fnfErr: File not found"}}
Copying KCs in /...
System Volume UUID: 87B3F97E-C36B-47AC-848D-465CB4414386
Volume Group UUID: B6AB1C78-8039-45DD-B98A-4DF87261D0BA
Preboot disk: /dev/disk2s2
Preboot volume: /System/Volumes/Preboot
Copying: /System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc.elides -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/B6AB1C78-8039-45DD-B98A-4DF87261D0BA/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/B6AB1C78-8039-45DD-B98A-4DF87261D0BA/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/immutablekernel -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/B6AB1C78-8039-45DD-B98A-4DF87261D0BA/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Copying: /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/B6AB1C78-8039-45DD-B98A-4DF87261D0BA/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels

Notice the error /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/kext_tools/kext_tools-685/kc_staging.m.279: Encountered error while inspecting path: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The folder “PrelinkedKernels” doesn’t exist." 

The end result of installing kexts and rebuilding caches while booted into Big Sur seems to be that KernelExtensions.kcs are updated but the prelinkedkernel remains unchanged, compared to doing this process from Recovery where both the prelinkedkernel and kcs are updated...

Spoiler

1325819429_PrelinkedkernelunchangedvsKernelCollections.thumb.png.a695eb22021a35aec0562d3b0cb430d3.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

@jlrycm Use the one attached and use ProperTree to make a snapshot of your OC folder.

Depending on the card you have you may also need to add this to your config.plist under DeviceProperties (change the compatible value if needed)

<dict>
    <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
    <string>WLAN</string>
    <key>compatible</key>
    <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>
    <key>device_type</key>
    <string>AirPort Extreme</string>
    <key>model</key>
    <string>Broadcom Brcm43xx Wireless Network Adapter</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>AirPort Controller</string>
    <key>pci-aspm-default</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
</dict>

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

ProperTree.zip

I’m going to test with your kext and the addition to device properties. Attached is the OC config file.

config 2.plist

Edited by jlrycm

13 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

I’m going to test with your kext and the addition to device properties. Attached is the OC config file.

config 2.plist

This one has the deviceproperties and plugins for AirportBrcmFixup.

config 2.plist

This is assuming you have vanilla kexts in S/L/E

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

Just now, jlrycm said:

@SavageAUS Should I use the config file you attached? What you changed?

I edited the DeviceProperties to add what i have in config.plist and i also added the plugins for the new AirportBrcmFixup.kext to the config.plist.

You can try it as long as you add in your serials etc or copy over what i added / changed into your config.plist

What WiFi chip do you have?

• Like 1